Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 hesitation on acceleration

167891012»

Comments

• pp2009pppp2009pp Posts: 228
    My wife has been driving BMWs for six years now.. Except for those three items, we've never spent a penny....

Does that mean she has driven the same BMW for 6 years bought as new and out of warranty for 2 years with only tires and oil changes required for the 2 out of warranty years?

• Never been out of warranty or maintenance plan...

My point was (is)... the maintenance plan is comprehensive, and as advertised..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• pp2009pppp2009pp Posts: 228
    I like the 4 year maintenance. Volvo did have a 6 year maintenance + warranty plan which was really something...and potentially required for a Volvo.
  • what is worse is the price. I paid 50 thousand for my X3. I have a 2008 BMW X3si. The sound system is horrible.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Are you sure, certain sure that the acceleration problem isn't really just under "RE-ACCELERATION" conditions...?

All newer vehicles, beginning with the introduction of the first RX300, make use of a more FE conscious ATF line pressure control system. The old system used a pressure sustaining accumulator so that ATF line pressure was constantly, INSTANTLY, available if/when a shift sequence was "commanded.

The new "real-time" ATF line pressure control system reduces the line pressure to an absolute minimum when conditions allow. Relax the throttle during slight acceleration and the transmission will upshift accordingly. Now, QUICKLY, get back onto the gas and you will encounter a 1-2 second downshift delay/hesitation, enforced via DBW, until the real time line pressure control system has time to react and raise the pressure.
  • I've had several BMW's and I wouldn't wory about I those transmissions ar computer controlled and have a learn feature. In other words, they all have a delay out of the box so to speak and will adapt to you.as a reference though, BMW's transmissions do not have the quick take-off like a [non-permissible content removed] car. Part of that is also fuel economy related. But I'm pretty used to it. I get a little whiplash from the [non-permissible content removed] cars at my age..BTW, I bought my wife an X3 and she loves it. She's a real leadfoot too! Like me : )
167891012»