Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the Theaters

Comments

• Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    Ditto. I had trouble staying awake.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    The only thing that kept me "awake" was the shock from paying $14.50 for a large drink, large popcorn and some Airheads at the snack bar.

The cashier kept drilling me to buy more. i.e "Would you like a candy car... how about a cookie? they are only 90 cents, proceeds go to help homeless circus clowns". :sick:

My 6 year old son did say he liked the movie, though he was chowing down on popcorn and Airheads for the most part. ;)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    This movie greatly exceeded my expectations. I was hoping for a couple of laughs, but it turned out to be the best movie we've seen all year.

The killer is that both me AND my wife felt that way. It has male bonding moments and chick flick moments to make both genders happy.

A bit much on the profanity but it was appropriate in the context, i.e. they were trying to make it seem more real.

Excellent movie and definitely worth paying full price to see it in the theatres. Cute, funny, no doubt worthwhile.
    Ditto on "Knocked Up" being a very good movie. I saw it last night on my wifes and I's 15th wedding anniversary... to bad she couldn't make it. ;)

It's more of a romantic comedy than a straight comedy that I was led to believe. Still a very funny and well written movie... and yes, the ole Jipster may have shed a tear or two during those sentimental moments. :cry:

It was a strong "R" for raunchy humor, language, upper female nudity( :shades: ), and a babies head being shown crowning from the birth canal. Why they had to show that, taking up about 50 feet of screen space in the process, I'm not sure.

Anyhow, a solid 3 1/2 Jip"Stars" for Knocked Up.
  • okko1okko1 Posts: 327
    does anybody know if balls of fury with christopher walken is out yet
    Saw a trailer for it yesterday, I think it's being released the end of August.

Welllll...this one kind of bored me. It just seemed to go on and on and on. The new Camaro looks pretty cool though. :shades:

• MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,648
    You're supposed to see the movie and then buy $1,000 worth of toys for your kids. I think that's the idea.
    My 16-year-old is hoping for the full-size Camaro. Ya think I'll be able to pick up one of those for $1,000? ;)

• PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    I caught part of a radio news story the other day... here's a shocker.

Did you realize that the Transformers movie and advertising was aimed at kids??? Why the next thing you know they'll be trying to sell TOYS to our kids. Where we will be THEN I ask you!!

Oh... :blush:

Nevermind!

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

Saw Ratatouille the other day. Lots of fun. Just your basic rat-from-Paris happens to be a gourmet chef story :P

PFFlyer@Edmunds

I saw it too. Took the kids on Monday, had the day off.

I loved it. Cracked me up with lots of clever quips and a lot of humor that went right over my kids' heads.

That's the problem, though. My 4 year old just didn't "get it" most of the time. There was not enough physical, obvious humor for him. He was a bit bored and fussy, even with popcorn and an Icee.

My 8 year old daughter liked it better, but still, it was no Finding Nemo.

I recommend it for the adults, but for the kids wait 'til it comes out on video.
    This movie was disappointing. Bruce Willis must have gotten all the money they usually pay for good writers. He suffered for it though, as he had only a couple of those good one liners he is famous for. The plot was fairly weak, reminded me quite a bit of the Matrix. But, they blew up a lot of stuff and crashed a bunch of cars, some guy fell into a meat grinder... so not a total loss.
    Meat grinder? Ouch.
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I've enjoyed the books and the movies, but I really thought it was the best of the movies so far. My oldest daughter disagrees a bit as she said it strayed a bit too far from the book for her tastes.

It got a round of applause at the end :D

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I really enjoyed Miss Potter. That would be Beatrix Potter. The film is a moving portrayal of the life of a world class author in the socially complex culture of Victorian England.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I'm not familiar with that one, but it sounds interesting. I'll have to look for it. I sure loved her stories! And that's a fascinating time period.

Edit: Added it to my Netflix queue. ;)
    Timing didn't work out for us to watch the movie we wanted to see, so we settled for Bruce Willis' latest Die Hard movie.

Surprisingly, it wasn't bad. If you liked the others, this one is just more of the same.

You need a total suspension of disbelief, but if you can let that go the action scenes are pretty wild.

There's one particularly funny stunt sequence where he refers to his enemy as a gerbil, but I'll let you watch it (wait 'til the DVD is out) because you'll get a good chuckle out of it.

My wife liked it, too. She doens't like to admit an action movie can be entertaining, but that's exactly what this was - entertainment.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    Meat grinder, wood chipper... it's all the same.. ;)

(you did see Fargo, right?)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Yes and who can forget that scene?!