Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Music - What's on your playlist?

Comments

• jlbljlbl Posts: 1,333
    Another good example of the George Martin mastership is The Beatles' "Let It Be… Naked" released in 2003. That is, Let It Be as it was originally recorded by The Beatles and produced by George Martin back in 1969. Before Phil Spector handled the tapes for worst.

(Your commentary on Love prompted me to rehear some Beatles' music. I have had again a nice good time! :D )

Regards,
    Jose
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    My 14 year old is captivated by Love and has put it on her ipod. Listening to it in the car, she's identifying all the different pieces that are part of the mix. :)

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

That is a good task for connoisseurs.

So, The Beatles have captivated yet another generation. Reading your post I was remembering my daughter (now 28) when she was about the same age than yours and said that The Beatles was the best group ever (even better than Blur and Oasis, the most in Europe at that time).

Now I am listening to Ella Fitzgerald: A-Tisket A-Tasket, Stone Cold Dead In The Market, Five-O'Clock Whistle and other olds. Are my Ella favourites.

Jose
    Yep, my kids sort of grew up on the Beatles and other assorted good music. :P

They've both gone through their phases (Back Street Boys and other "popular" stuff) but they generally have tastes in music that I don't object to.

While listening to LOVE in the car yesterday, I noticed the 14 year old really getting into I Am The Walrus and it struck me that I was almost the exact same age when it had originally been released... and I had about the same reaction as she's having now...LOL

She also had a "wow" reaction when I told her that the Beatles must be pretty influential since she's interested in music from a group that broke up 22 years before she was born!

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    What happened here?

She was all rebel rocker, singer-song writer.

Her new song is pure bubble gum pop. The sound is everything she used to stand against.

Did she sell out, or what?

I couldn't believe it when they said it was Avril singing that song. Sounds like something cheerleaders would do a routine to. :confuse:
    Hmm... maybe she's paying attention and seeing that there are commercials using Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc.

Sometimes it's hard to imagine using something like Nirvana's Teen Spirit to being back a nostalgic feeling to sell a product :surprise:

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Well, up to now it's only been seeing radio air play. Haven't seen it in any ads.

I guess I'm just surprised. She was very successful with her previous album, so why sell out? She didn't have to.
    I was thinking in terms of future use in ads. Music generally turn into "elevator music" during its initial run... except for Barry Manilow :P

PFFlyer@Edmunds

"Lagrimas negras"
    by El Cigala (vocals), Bebo Valdez (piano), Paquito D'Rivera (saxo) & Javier Colina (bass)

…would be appreciated, if you fancy to hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSjI1gQJmU.

This is a bolero/flamenco/jazz album. I am very eclectic on the music I like :shades:

Jose
    Vocal style reminds me a lot of the Gypsy Kings.

Even the music has that sad mood, like "Un Amor" from their Best of album.

My wife would probably love that song. :shades:
    Did you like the best flamenco guitar available (Paco de Lucia and Tomatito)? Have you not listened to this record? Try it! I was listening it again this morning while writing… and I have had to stop writing.

Regards,
    Jose
    http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturias.org/ing/index.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Asturias_Awards#Arts

Good excuse to pay attention again to Bob Dylan's song book :D Currently in my play list is Dylan's Modern Times and The Travelling Wilburys Collection.

Regards,
    Jose
    Angelique Kidjo's Djin Djin.

In particular, LonLon is the best Ravel's Bolero version I ever heard, symphonic or not.

Regards,
    Jose
    Bonnie Raitt and Friends (Norah Jones, Ben Harper, Alison Kraus and Keb'Mo'). Now, Papa Come Quick. In a DVD recording.

Jose
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    Bonnie Raitt and Alison Krauss are two of my favorites.. :)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Ahhhh!
    It has bean a great pleasure to watch and listen the recorded concert.

Jose
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I LOVE Bonnie Raitt and have for years! I've had My Opening Farewell on my mind lately, but that's only one of a ton of her stuff that I love. She does Jackson Browne better than he can do himself. (And I love him too! :blush:)

Oh and John Prine should never open his mouth - just let Bonnie sing his stuff! :shades:
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    Right now I'm listening to "Nothing Else Matter's" by Metallica. :shades:

-Rocky
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,964
    Aaron Neville and Trisha Yearwood - I Fall to Pieces at the moment.