Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Trooper

Comments

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Jimmy!
    Drop me a direct e-mail wanted to get in touch but couldn't find your e-mail addy. The Leg is doing well. Just put my HID driving lights on from the SVX, and wound up replacing the trans a few months ago. When I did that I put in STi short shifter, STi trans mount. I'm in the process of getting JIC coilovers ready for it as well and STi motor mounts and Poly steering rack bushings. Last week a ScoobySport UK axle-back went on it. After that a TD04 and v4 STi TMIC are going on it as well as an SAFCII. :)

-mike
    Supposedly fixed in the '05 models are the brakes. But even if it isn't I'm not that worried, there are lots of brake options out there on the market to upgrade brakes on vehicles. If the problem arises I'll first get soe cryogenically frozen rotors and upgraded pads. Worst case I'll convince on of our race sponsors who is a brake manufacturer to whip me up a big brake kit for it.

-mike
  • hnbiihnbii Posts: 1
    Did anyone ever give you an answer or drawing? We are have the same problem with a 1996. Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Hank
    hnbii@sc.rr.com
    Most likely you'll need to replace the unit in the door. Should be available at junk yards.

-mike
  • silverghostsilverghost Posts: 154
    I've occasionally seen them on Ebay, also.

Dave
  • cracoviancracovian Posts: 337
    I thought you were jumping into an FBI-black GMC Denali queer eye for the straight guy-style and suddenly this change of heart to go with the Armada? What gives?
    Denali is a ripoff. Was debating between the Armada and the Suburban, but realized that the Armada has way better safety controls, independent rear for better ride, won't fall apart at 30k miles, more towing capacity than even a 2500 series suburban (unless you get the 8.1 L engine) and a silky smooth 5-speed trans v. old school 4-speed in the GMs.

-mike
  • boxtrooperboxtrooper Posts: 843
    Does the Armada have "grade logic" and a "trailering mode" for easier handling of hills. I realy dislike that automatic transmission feeling of falling that happend whe letting off the gas and still accelerating because the tranny is in coast mode.
    Please keep us posted to let us know if you Armada holds up as well as a Trooper.
    I think Armada has been around long enough that initial bugs ought to be worked out, and not so long that the cost cutting engineers ruin it.
    It does have a tow-mode on the trans, and i'm not sure if it has grade logic or not. I will report for sure on it. It does have a trans temp gauge which is sweet!

-mike
  • bsmart1bsmart1 Posts: 377
    about 1 MPG improvement in City mileage. I'm getting about 15 now, where I was getting about 13.5 - 14.0 before. We have several stations here that offer Hi Test Gas for Regular price on Tuesdays. It has made an improvement in performance and mileage.
  • Hi, please tell me if you found out anything else about your TOD brake lights blinking. I have a 99 Trooper with 65,000 miles and just had a friend change the rear brakes. He also did the brake bleeding for me. Since then, the TOD green lights blink for the rear brakes. Now the check brake lights come on intermittently. We can't think of what else to do. I ordered a CD repair manual for a 99 Trooper and it was no help. I have to find out what is causing this and he will fix it for me. Do you know anything else about the valve in the front differential and the gear oil? Does anyone else know what might be causing this problem? Does anyone have a suggestion about what else I might do? I really appreciate any help. Thanks,
  • boxtrooperboxtrooper Posts: 843
    If it has been a long time, also consider running a fuel injector chemical through the gas tank. I do once a year or if the engine begins to hessitate when I let the clutch out quickly.
    TOD and brakes. Most likely it's un-related, or your friend whacked one of the wheel sensors. The brake light usually is due to low fluid.

-mike
  • Thanks Mike, can you tell me where to look for the wheel sensors. The TOD display area just says check. Is there a separate TOD fluid, separate from the brake fluid? The brake fluid is not low. I've read people talk of SOTF gear fluid or oil. Is it the same thing as TOD fluid. Thanks, Diane
    There is no TOD fluid, basically the "check" light is telling you that there is some variance in the speeds reported by the sensors but the TOD can't compensate....

-mike
  • Just as the title says. I turn the key and there is no sound, headlights work & idiot lights work. Could this be the relay or possibly a loose connection to the hot side on the starter? The problem is also intermitant, I turned the key again later after this happened and it kicked over right away. The truck is the manual version & I believe that the clutch was fully pressed down every time I start it. I guess it could even be a faulty switch behind the clutch pedal..... Any advice or ideas to help me diagnose my problem would be appreciated.
    Thanks. :confuse:
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Posts: 414
    I feel like a dope having to ask, but how do you set the time on the factory radio in a 94 Trooper? Purchased used suv, no manual, is premium sound system w/cd. thanks for any help. I have tried online with no success so far.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I don't know about your specific setup but, on some systems, the radio will have a clock button which you should press and hold then press the bass and treble buttons. Unfortunately, "secret handshakes" vary from brand to brand.

tidester, host
    Picked up my '04 LE Armada today. WOW is all I have to say. It's huge compared to the Trooper. Handling is about the same or slightly better than the Trooper. Looking forward to comparing them. No doubt the Trooper will be better offroad, but for towing I can't wait to get the Armada towing. Heck I bet I can tow the Trooper on the trailer with the armada!

-mike
  • beer4799beer4799 Posts: 23
    I am at 143K and still going............Good Luck with the new Nissan..........