Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pet Talk - My dog/cat is my best friend!

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Come to think of it he does purr at times...

:D
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    My brother has one of them! I say it's the size of a cat and ignores everything you say. That's a cat!
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I had a dog/cat. Not only did she ignore everything I said, she liked to walk on top of and sleep on the back of the couch. This was a 60 pound dog, mind you.

She would punish me when I left her for more than a day. I had to spend two weeks away once and when I came home she wouldn't have anything to do with me for three or four days. She'd come to the edge of the living room and sit there and stare at me, but as soon as I looked directly at her, she'd walk calmly away, as if to say to me "you matter not and do not make the mistake of thinking that you do".

And then there was the time I took her and my other dog to be spayed. She wouldn't let me touch her for at least two days, she'd run away if I tried, while my other dog was all over me in her usual Odie fashion as soon as I brought them home. :)

I had a dog and a dog/cat during those days!
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    2 weimaraners. Lucy (aka Lady Lucille of Engaged Mist) and Dyna (Camelot's Just Dynamite)

I'll have to get some photos uploaded!
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,026
    Anyone dealing with this scare? Our animals only get canned food when they're sick, so no worries here.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Yeah, we use dry food and I know the nanny feeds our dog table scraps once in a while.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    My dogs do get some canned food with their dry food, but what I've been giving them wasn't on the list. This whole thing is very distressing. There were some premium brands on that list as well as the more run-of-the-mill variety.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,936
    Yeah, so much for paying more for a better brand of pet food eh?

Our cats eat the dry stuff, so they are ok so far, unless some of the dry brands get added to the list.
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Posts: 402
    I like to participate in Agility and flyball with my Aussie. We got into this at a young age but when she hit her teenage years we took a break, she couldn't keep her head on! Now she's 6 and we plan to get back into it.
    Oh wow. Could be some disgruntled employee sabotaging the food? :mad:

I saw that and there were 3 brands of food we USE to feed our dog! I am so glad we switched to Beneful a few years ago. Phew!
    My "best friend" has been digging up all the mulch I just spent the whole day yesterday putting down. He's in to the habit of burying stuff. :mad:
    I had a digger once. I went to Firestone and picked up a huge tractor tire and filled it with dirt. Anytime she was digging I said No! and then redirected her to her "sandbox". She doesn't dig in the yard anymore. :)
    He digs in my compost pile, too. That's fine. Gotta work on the training, I guess. :blush:

In the last three days, one of our cats (PJ) has caught 7 baby garter snakes. Yes, they are still alive and wriggling. My husband thinks she's bringing them as presents to us, but I think she is more intent on traumatizing her neurotic, housebound (his choice, not ours) brother, Luke. Personally, I don't mind the snakes, but I prefer them in the yard...not on my sofa. Plus, peeling Luke off the ceiling fan is getting old. :surprise:

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,936
    My youngest cat (Bert) got a "baby" hare yesterday by the scruff of the neck - it was about 1/3rd the size of Bert. I managed to get the hose on them under the front porch and both critters took off running (in opposite directions).

The lizards are suffering a high mortality rate right now though. :sick:
    That's hilarious, and they're still alive? :surprise:

:D
    Of course, what fun is a dead snake?