Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pet Talk - My dog/cat is my best friend!

1234568»

Comments

• p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    The baloon was a great idea.

A dog's years sure do seem to fly by. Just the other day we had a visitor who met Flash and commented that he didn't look much like a Flash. However when Flash was younger, he LOVED to run and truely lived up to his name.

-Frank
  • michaellmichaell Posts: 4,300
    So sorry to hear about your dog's passing.

I recently had to put down the first dog I've ever owned. It was tough to do, but necessary.

Not that his passing leaves us pet-less. We still have one dog (Lily - a mini dachshund) and three cats.

And ... a new puppy is on order from a breeder. Another mini doxie ... pictures can be found at this website:

Picutres of our new puppy .. he is male #1
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Yep, we're pet-less also. House feels sort of empty.

That's OK, I sort of want to mourn his loss. I'll get another pet later in life, not right away.
  • p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    We lost a dog last year that my wife had had for 14 years. She took it pretty hard and I thought for sure that she wouldn't want another one for a long while but 6 weeks later, we adopted a 90 lb 2-yo chocolate lab (it was my wife's idea).

Dogs can really cramp your lifestyle but they are full of so much love and joy that it's worth it. I think that having a young a vibrant dog in the house helped a lot in enabling my wife get over the loss of her dog.

We always had at least one dog growing up so dogs were definitely an important part of my childhood and provided many fond memories.

-Frank
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I know what you mean. It's just that we travel - a LOT. We always worry about where to keep the dog when we take road trips, and that's often, almost every other week.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,939
    "To make the world safer for pets, Lindsey Wolko had to design an indestructible dog.

Two years and hundreds of thousands of dollars later, her nonprofit Center for Pet Safety in Reston, Va., has a set of crash-test dog dummies that were battered, throttled and sent flying to test several car safety restraints."

That's ruff: Crash tests use dummy dogs (hamptonroads.com)
1234568»