Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 BMW 328/335 vs Nissan Altima 2007 3.5 SE/SL

2»

Comments

• shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    "It's a cottage industry."

ROTFLMAO! Awesome line! Mind if I borrow it from time to time? ;)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,275
    "Mind if I borrow it from time to time?"

Be my guest! Lord knows I quote you often enough around here. :)
  • habiemhabiem Posts: 22
    I know this is an old thread, but it's got to be a joke, right? Don't get me wrong, the Altima is a great car - especially the 3.5SL. In fact, I'll probably buy one in the next few weeks. I can't speak directly for the current 3 series, but I had a 2001 BMW z3, and the altima doesn't compare. Sure, it's probably just as fast, or even faster, but that's only part of it. My wife and I regularly took the z3 back into the country to go down the little traveled state highways at 100MPH, zipping up and down the hills, hugging the curves at 90. I have no doubt if my mind that if I tried that with the Altima, I'd be dead.

In addition, give the car 5 years and see how many rattles there are. The BMW will have none. The Altima will certainly have some.

So, all in all, Altima is a fantastic car. However, if you can afford the BMW, over the life of the car, you'll love every second of driving it and will find it worth the money. That is, unless you just plan to drive it to the store once a week. If that's the case, save the cash.
  • r3shortr3short Posts: 4
    Wondering if anyone knows how to get more performance via chip, exhaust, supercharge, etc.
  • akv25akv25 Posts: 42
    I have no doubt if my mind that if I tried that with the Altima, I'd be dead.

Couldn't agree more. I have tried to take my Accord around corners like my BMW and boy, have I had the same thoughts! Don't understand how people can equate straight line performance with a sports sedan.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    You can likely ratchet it up somewhat on an Altima. Get a Dinan chip for the 335 however, and you can rack up some serious horsepower and torque 350/350 isn't out of the question.
  • jimb08jimb08 Posts: 3
    I own a 2007 BMW 335 coupe (premium, sport, nav, 6spd). It is the best driving all around sport coupe I have ever driven. No front driver could compare to the driving feel this car gives. I guess a good description would be as follows: When you drive most (good) cars you feel like you are OPERATING a really refined and powerful machine. When you drive a BMW, you feel like you are an INTEGRAL PART of a really refined and powerful machine. I have also heard it said like this: You operate most cars; you DRIVE a BMW.

I don't want to take anything away from the Altima. It is a very fine car and would be my pick vs the Camry or the Accord but it is nowhere near the same league as the 335 in driving dynamics.

If you drive the 335 and don't immediately understand what I'm talking about here, you should buy the Altima. I say this because you will never understand or appreciate what the 335 offers so it makes no sense to spend the extra money on a badge. Badges aren't important. If Hyundai made a car that offered the joyful driving experience that my 335 does, I'd buy it. It is the pulse quickening performance balanced against the confidence inspiring handling and feel that got me to plunk down my money.

Just my two cents. Happy motoring!

JB
  • r3shortr3short Posts: 4
    Where would I locate this chip?

Price tag?
2»
This discussion has been closed.