It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Jeep Liberty Diesel Oil Questions
I have a ’06 Jeep Diesel – 20,000 miles and for the most part like the vehicle. The ONE big issue is the engine oil:
• Currently change it every 6200 miles
• Use Mobil 1 (0-40W synthetic)
• Wix filter
• At best ½ quart of oil used between service
• As a long term diesel vehicle owner (30 + years) I’m amazed at how dirty (ink black with soot) the oil in the little Mercedes gets – within 5 minutes of running with fresh oil the oil is black. In comparison my Dodge Cummins with 200+K miles – or a John Deere Tractor with 8600 hours produces much cleaner oil – even after 2000 miles on the oil.
Nonetheless, is this:
• Dirty (looking) oil a concern
• What is the preferred oil choice – we live in eastern WA with some extreme temps. 0-100 degree range.
• 90% of the driving is my wife’s 100 mile interstate daily commute
I like & use Rotella (15-40W) in my other vehicles & would like to switch to something else in the Jeep.
Any input will be appreciated, Mike (email@example.com)