Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baseball!

Comments

• fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    Absolutely. I always like whoever is playing the Yankees.

God bless the Devil Rays....
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    The Tigers may well be the best team in baseball at the moment.

The moment has passed :D
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,906
    It could happen!!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

The pathetic thing is you're right - it could happen. The NL is one weak league. My Mets are the class of the league but any of half a dozen teams need only to get a little hot to muck it up again.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Hopefully they can sustain their momentum, though the Pirates swept them in a double header last night. The pattern the last couple years has been make a late season move, then fall apart the last couple weeks.
    Yeah... I didn't say I would bet on it... ;)

The doubleheader sweep was a cold splash of water in the face.. :(

Actually, the only reason it is up for discussion is the pitiful record of the whole division.. In any other division, we would have dumped salary before the trade deadline.

Hey, on the other hand after what the Cards did last year anybody remotely in it has hope.
  • I can't believe no one has mentioned the play-offs at all. Must not be many BB fans here? :confuse:

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,979
    The season ended for me and Fezo a few days ago. :sick:
    I think if Johnny Bench gets hot, he can carry the Reds through the playoffs.. Plus, their defense is so strong up the middle, it makes the pitching that much better..

Oops.... Sorry, wrong year.. :sick:

Oh, you speak the truth, my friend.

Ouch! I will say, however, that I was braced for the collapse since July. Doesn't feel better but maybe I'm further along in the grieving process...

Let's let the Indians or the Cubs have this one. Get another jinxed franchise off the list.
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    Well if my Tiger's couldn't make it :sick: then go Cubs !!!! :)

-Rocky
    My Detroit Tiger's acquired Miguel Cabrera, Dontrell Willis, and Edgar Renteriez !!!! :P

Get em' while they are hot !!!!!! :P

-Rocky
    I was wondering how long it was going to take for your comment on that. Nice deal!
  • Pro baseball athletes use steroids??!!! Oh gee, what a shock. You can tell just by looking at some of them that their "talent" was not naturally acquired.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153509&campaign=PSGeneral

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    I agree - for many of them, just the change in their physical appearance over the years gives them away. Many of the reports I've seen claim to be "most shocked" that Roger Clemens is on the list.

Um, huh? Look at his body and his age. Taking drugs is the only thing that makes sense, unfortunately.

My local news interviewed a couple of local professional ball players who say that this report is barely the tip of the iceberg, this is rampant throughout the profession. I'm not surprised. It's so easy to trade the perceived rewards of the day for future consequences that can easily be blown off at the time.

But there always comes a time when you have to pay the piper.
    Many laughed at Jose Canseco, for also accusing people like Roger Clemens, taking roids but those same people aren't laughing now are they ?????

It goes to show you that we as a society sometimes jump to conclusions and disregard the credibility of people like Jose Canseco, who I consider one of the best baseball players to ever play even though he used roids. I personally believe like some of you this is only the tip of the iceberg. NFL, NBA, NHL, Pro Soccer, etc, etc, are juicing as well !!!! ;)

-Rocky
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Many of the reports I've seen claim to be "most shocked" that Roger Clemens is on the list.

He's about the last guy I would have suspected of juicing. Ya never know. :lemon:
    I actually would not be surprised ifroger, was hitting the juice. Just because you are loved by millions and have the fictional bigger than life character like a Brett Favre, doesn't mean they aren't cheaters. Jose Canseco, was a disliked ball player because of his character but we can't say he was a liar. ;)

-Rocky
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I'm just saying that his physical appearance and age should have raised suspicion - or maybe I should just say they did for me.

Andy Pettitte was one surprise to me. But it sounds like his situation was a little different.