Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baseball!

13»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    Extra bonus: That puts the Reds up 2.5 games over the Cards!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,844
    Finally got around to reading this book. Entertaining. Need to see the movie one of these years.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,043
    GREAT book, and very good movie, too.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Wooo hooooo..... !!!! :P

Sf Giants magic number is I think....3?

Actually, the Giants clinched a wild-card if they won last night.... but, that sounds right for the magic number to win the division..

The Reds clinched their division last night..... naturally, my tickets are for tonight.. :(

I've got first round playoff tickets, already... looking for the next round.. Checking out asking prices for World Series tickets, I'm not sure I could even afford to go.. :surprise:

I just bought Reds playoff tickets for the NLCS (the next round).. :blush:

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,893
    Only thing to say right now (and I'm NOT a Braves fan)

Right...infield fly rule... uh huh

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

well the call was correct but just too late.

I'm not positive on that being the correct call...(it might be) but, after all, it is a judgement call.. (and, a little late, as noted)

But, it sure looks like addition of foul-line umpires for the playoffs had a lot to do with it... The left-field line umpire made the call, and he definitely had a perspective that he doesn't have for any regular season game..

Instead of running out from the infield to make the call (which definitely would give you a feel for how far out that was), he was stationed almost exactly at the same depth as the pop fly. Of course, the shortstop, under the ball and motioning with his arms that he had it.. was the catalyst for the umpire invoking the rule... You almost wonder if the shortstop hearing the umpire make the out call, was startled and thought he was being called off by the outfielder?

In the end, it was the 8th inning, and Atlanta lost by three runs... they really don't have too much to cry about.

Too bad about the Giants... ;)

Hey it's only the first inning!

Jeter - ouch. My nephew is a year older and suffered a similar break this Spring. He's still in a walking boot going on 5+ months and relies on one crutch occasionally.

My wife had a tib/fib a few years back and she knew immediately that it was more than a turned ankle. She couldn't watch the replays.

Rooted for Robertson but want the Tigers to win the whole thing.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

"The light was on, and I was worried about it," he said. "One guy at the restaurant asked me if was I nuts, wondering why I didn't have someone to take it in for me.

"I said, "No, I don't have someone else do it. I take care of stuff myself."

Leyland's mind (Detroit News)

25 games to go.. .the pennant race is in full bloom..

I'm going to the game, today!

edited December 2013
    Naturally I'm a Mets fan.

Ralph Houk??

Were you 5 yrs old when you got that?

I think he signed it when he was the manager. :-)

Have to go look up the roster again; seems like this one was signed sometime between '66 and '71. So I was more like 15.

13»