Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baseball!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 36,354
    Extra bonus: That puts the Reds up 2.5 games over the Cards!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 44,855
    Finally got around to reading this book. Entertaining. Need to see the movie one of these years.

Moderator - Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 47,537
    GREAT book, and very good movie, too.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Wooo hooooo..... !!!! :P

Sf Giants magic number is I think....3?

Actually, the Giants clinched a wild-card if they won last night.... but, that sounds right for the magic number to win the division..

The Reds clinched their division last night..... naturally, my tickets are for tonight.. :(

I've got first round playoff tickets, already... looking for the next round.. Checking out asking prices for World Series tickets, I'm not sure I could even afford to go.. :surprise:

I just bought Reds playoff tickets for the NLCS (the next round).. :blush:

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,368
    Only thing to say right now (and I'm NOT a Braves fan)

Right...infield fly rule... uh huh

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

well the call was correct but just too late.

I'm not positive on that being the correct call...(it might be) but, after all, it is a judgement call.. (and, a little late, as noted)

But, it sure looks like addition of foul-line umpires for the playoffs had a lot to do with it... The left-field line umpire made the call, and he definitely had a perspective that he doesn't have for any regular season game..

Instead of running out from the infield to make the call (which definitely would give you a feel for how far out that was), he was stationed almost exactly at the same depth as the pop fly. Of course, the shortstop, under the ball and motioning with his arms that he had it.. was the catalyst for the umpire invoking the rule... You almost wonder if the shortstop hearing the umpire make the out call, was startled and thought he was being called off by the outfielder?

In the end, it was the 8th inning, and Atlanta lost by three runs... they really don't have too much to cry about.

Too bad about the Giants... ;)

Hey it's only the first inning!

Jeter - ouch. My nephew is a year older and suffered a similar break this Spring. He's still in a walking boot going on 5+ months and relies on one crutch occasionally.

My wife had a tib/fib a few years back and she knew immediately that it was more than a turned ankle. She couldn't watch the replays.

Rooted for Robertson but want the Tigers to win the whole thing.

"The light was on, and I was worried about it," he said. "One guy at the restaurant asked me if was I nuts, wondering why I didn't have someone to take it in for me.

"I said, "No, I don't have someone else do it. I take care of stuff myself."

Leyland's mind (Detroit News)

25 games to go.. .the pennant race is in full bloom..

I'm going to the game, today!

edited December 2013
    Naturally I'm a Mets fan.

Ralph Houk??

Were you 5 yrs old when you got that?

I think he signed it when he was the manager. :-)

Have to go look up the roster again; seems like this one was signed sometime between '66 and '71. So I was more like 15.

Reds win!!

In first place, where they belong!!

Mets too. B)

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 18,022
    Rockies, as well.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• fezofezo Manahawkin, NJPosts: 10,145
    Well, the season has started right. Mets win. Yankees lose. Phillies lose. Who says there is no God?

Being the Mets, of course they have their closer go to warm up to come in, he never makes it and is now on the DL. He's already had To my John once. They say it's just inflammation but I'll feel way better in two weeks.
    2013 Mazda 5 Grand Touring, 2010 Toyota Prius IV. 2007 Toyota Camry XLE, 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999 Mazda Miata
    The Mets are still pretty much out of the picture with the fallout from the Bernie Madoff mess, and the other big loans that have crimped their payroll. Oh well, there's always next year. :D

They've finally gotten to the point where they have enough young players who are good enough not to be embarrassing. We'll see fro there.
    2013 Mazda 5 Grand Touring, 2010 Toyota Prius IV. 2007 Toyota Camry XLE, 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999 Mazda Miata
    Well, 6 games in we have more questions than answers. Who's got a real shortstop they want to trade?
    Wake me up in October. B)

Nah. Then you'd miss all the fun. Like Harvey pitching tomorrow. I will go on record as saying deGrom doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone. This is the Jerry Koosman syndrome. Nobosy noticed him because they were busy noticing Seaver.
  • dochideawaydochideaway Posts: 3
    Anyone still watching in 2015??
    edited May 14
    The Mets lead is slowing slipping away.

Last week my brother and his wife were in town so we went to see the Aggies play some college ball. Got to see a come from behind Aggie win - 13 to 12. I treated our group - $20 for four and we sat behind home plate. Even won a souvenir bag.

In the field across the way, we got to hear the cheering for the last few innings of the women's softball team. They took the WAC league championship this year and finished off Bakersfield that night for the WAC tournament championship. The crowd over there sounded like it was three or four times bigger than the men's baseball turnout. Of course, they had a much better record.

The women do the NCAA regionals starting Sunday in Tucson.

(btw, I'm referring to the "real" New Mexico Aggies, not that crowd over in Texas. B) )

Anyone still watching in 2015??

Sure we are... Reds have had two good games in a row, and their ace is pitching tonight.

Things are looking up!

Going to the Reds game tonight, and again on Sunday!

I love free tickets! B)