Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Axles and Suspension

13»

Comments

• On a recent trip across country my 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 started to vent differential fluid from the front differential from the vent under the hood. The dodge dealer instructed me to have the fluid changed in the front differential, which I did but this did not stop the problem. It does not vent fluid all the time, but did on 4 different occations during my trip. No one seems to know what the problem is.
  • My son & I are starting a project truck. We are starting with a 3 to 4" lift kit. Skyjacker looks like the way to go, I have never attempted to tackle a project like this I would appreciate any input. The truck will be used for highway and occasional surf fishing on the beach.
  • The axles on my 1994 Dodge Ram 3500 do not dis-engage or disconnect when it's taken out of 4 wheel drive. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or what to look at?

Thanks
  • 1Kaz11Kaz1 Posts: 1
    I'm trying to replace the u joint on my front drive shaft going from my front differential to my transfer case. (hoping this will fix the clicking sound i hear every time i put my truck in 4 wheel drive) my problem is that once i get the 4 bolts off the mounting plate by the u joint my exhaust pipe is right below the drive shaft preventing me from being able to get it out. please help!
  • Sorry to hear about your problems... I'm on my fourth PS rack, 46,000 mi on my 03.The dealer is not acknowledging that there is a problem somewhere... the service manager said it "might be" because it is driven so infrequently... or maybe it is junk! I'll keep watching to see if you get any satisfaction from your dealer. You aren't in the Milwaukee WI area, are you?
  • hpp1hpp1 Posts: 1
    I have 04' 3500 5.9 cummins 4x4 with automatic trans. When shifting on the fly,from 4 w,to 2 w,or from 2 w into 4 w the light on the switch continues to flash and engagement or disengagement does not occur. When the truck comes to a stop it works fine.Anyone with simlar problems? :confuse:
  • I have a 1998 dodge ram 1500. I hear this squeeking noise every time I go to park. like when I turn the wheel to back up and get close to the curb. I am not sure what it is I needed sway bar links so I replaced them so it can't be that. Anyone know what else it could be?
  • i too have a 97 ramm 1500 350 limited slip. as time goes on it will get louder and youll know rite where it's coming from. you can get a rear axle at the junkyard pull and save around 100 $. make sure you get some kid of agreement/warrenty that the bearings are all good which is whats the matter now and the brake cylenders and emrgency brake hook ups are good. i got screwed on mine i had to put axle bearings and wheele cylinders on mine now i want to get 410 gears
  • hi i was wondering could some one tell me the procedure to set the back lash on the diff ring gear :confuse:
  • i too have 97 ram. that roarin sound got worse till i had to get another rear end. the new one makes noise too, when you put on brakes or turn abbruptly. i'm trying to find a good complete rear end with 4to 1 gears my old one and the i pu in have 350 gears does any one know where i can get a 4 to 1 gear complete. it don't have to be new.
  • My 2500 does exactly the same thing. Did you ever figure this problem out ???
  • i have a 2008 dodge ram 1500, regular cab,short bed 2wd. it sits higher on the drivers side. i was told by one dealer that dodge did this at the factory on the regular cabs. anybody ever heard of this? how do i fix it? any help would be appreciated .
  • houjonhoujon Posts: 1
    My 2009 crew cab has fallen 1/2 inch, it is noticble even to the dealer, who says it is within specifications and only bring it back if it drops down to 3/4 of an inch. Is it a bad coil, shock or compression joint? or other? :confuse:
  • My 2009 1500 CC is a 1/2" high on the passenger side, but once I get a passenger it evens out. Many have noticed, but no one has said it causes any issues.
  • nt_trainnt_train Posts: 2
    2010 dodge ram 1500 4x4 quad cab big horn package. I want to buy a Daystar Leveling kit which lifts front end up to 3" What do y'all recommend? Thanks!!
  • bslaytonbslayton Posts: 1
    I want to install Traction Bars on my 2007 Ram 1500 Sport can anyone tell me the Part Number for them from Lakewood. I ordered a set from JC Whitney and like the dummy I am I beleived the girl at JC Whitney that the bars I was ordering will fit my Ram even after I told her my axel was under the leaf springs. the part number is 22026 and the do not fit my ram, now I have to go through the hassle of returning them.
13»
This discussion has been closed.