Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki XL-7

Comments

• "ALL the spare tire tools are under the drivers seat NOT under the middle row.. "

Ahem, I pointed out that they changed that for 2003^...

"Tell me HOW the plastic duct makes it from the front to the second row???? On the floor??? Think about it.. It can't.."

Ok, so they must have changed it for 02. And of course I mean the floor, where else - the seatbelt opening??? Just because your model year has something one way, doesn't mean every other model year has it exactly the same. That's why I stated what I knew of the 01 and 03 XL7. Contradicting what I say because you have an 02 doesn't help. It would be like me saying "How is the climate controls not automatic??" to you.....and now it rests
  • there is a subwoofer under the drivers seat of my 2003 model and the tools and jack are under the 2nd row, right side and no vents underneath the 2nd row seats
  • flyingnflyingn Posts: 213
    let me say this ONE MORE TIME> THERE ARE NO HEATING DUCTS ON 01'S UNDER THE SECOND ROW. YOU ARE WRONG. NO YEAR HAS THE DUCTS UNDER THE SECOND OR THIRD ROW AT ALL!!! THE HEAT DUCTS STOP UNDER THE FRONT BUCKETS.. EVERYONE CHECK UNDER THEIR XL7'S AND REPORT BACK HERE.. PLEASE CAUSE HE DON'T BELIEVE ME.
    :)
    some people are THICK.
    Frank

Ok, so they must have changed it for 02. And of course I mean the floor, where else - the seatbelt opening??? Just because your model year has something one way, doesn't mean every other model year has it exactly the same. That's why I stated what I knew of the 01 and 03 XL7. Contradicting what I say because you have an 02 doesn't help. It would be like me saying "How is the climate controls not automatic??" to you.....and now it rests
  • Dude, you needta let it rest......please, just let it rest...
    let it rest? This is a forum for information.. I want to get the CORRECT info out there. Thats the point of this forum isn't it?? Why should I knowingly let wrong info out there? Not gonna happen.. sorry. Im not upset i just want to cottrct wrong info.

Frank
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    i just want to cottrct wrong info.

I'm not familiar with that dialect of English - but let's call a truce for the rest of the year! And, oh, for the next year too!

Happy New Year, All!

tidester, host
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    Thank you!!! :)
  • lkrk11lkrk11 Posts: 15
    Any body here install an after market DVD player/Screen in there XL 7. I am debating the idea if it would work. Due to the problem of the Moon roof going into the body. The dealer says they can place something in there for it to work. But I am still wondering about the weight of the system pulling down on the head liner. I think it would only be like 2 to 4lbs it is really light (Screen) the actual player is going under the second row seats. Just wondering if there are any others out there, whom may have done this. I would believe that here in the near future they all will come with the option, from the dealer. It is such a wonder on trips.
  • I was actually considering the aftermarket DVD too....I put it on the back burner for now though because the wife wants an alarm with auto ignition. I checked at Suzuki and theirs is $499, I was actually looking into getting an alarm on EBAY and having it installed. Has anyone done either???

OH yeah, on the rear blower. I didn't realize it was only an A/C unit. I guess rctennis3811 was wrong when he said "...everyone knows that..."
    We got a 7" mobile entertainment system from our dealer when we purchased the car. Apparently, each dealer has different kinds of TVs to install. Ours is a 7" MyronDavis overhead screen with a Pyle View DVD player under the front passenger seat. Since the Clarion stereo doesn't have inputs for TVs, they installed something that gives out the sound through radio wavelengths. To listen throughout the whole car we have to put it on 88.7FM. Weird, but it works. Came with two wireless headphones too! Hopefully, Suzuki makes their own DVD entertainment systems available as an option soon! :)

rbeaufor:
    "OH yeah, on the rear blower. I didn't realize it was only an A/C unit. I guess rctennis3811 was wrong when he said "...everyone knows that..." "
    -Ok, I meant the top blower was A/C the bottom was heat. Clear??
    Thanks for the info. If anybody else has any more information on DVD systems please let me know.

rbeafor, I am as well thinking about getting keyless remote start for mine. My father just had it but on my moms truck, it cost him $249, they told him there that even if he trades in the car they will for free take it out and place it in the new car, along with a nation wide warranty. That might be something to look for. I know i am checking all the dealers in my local area.

Yea, if the a/c is not turned on the top vents only blow what ever temperature air is inside of the truck. It would be nice to have heat but I think not necessary.
  • garygglgaryggl Posts: 12
    Anyone have a clue who sells Suzuki's extended warranty on the XL-7 at the best price? I was surprised when I ran a search on this site that nothing came up -- and I did a total site search as well. When I ran a search on my other vehicle, a Honda Odyssey, I had full listings of dealerships, names, phone numbers, prices, etc. It was a real help. Since this would be my first Suzuki, I really would like the warranty.

Also, I live in the Wash. D.C. area and I wonder if $21,600 plus taxes, title, license is a decent price on a 2004 XL-7 LX III? That's the best offer to date.

Thank you for any help
  • snuke59snuke59 Posts: 29
    When I purchased my 2000 Honda Accord, I used an online extended warranty company as a bargaining tool. When the business manager of the dealership quoted a price, I turned them down informing them I could get a better deal through the internet. The dealership agreed to give me the warranty for the internet price which was hundreds less than what was previously quoted. The link for an online warranty company is located on the Edmunds.com's home page (warrantybynet.com) I found the internet's price is the cheapest to be found yet the coverage is just as good.
    prolly because the XL7 already has a 7/100k warranty on it already. No need for an extended one..

Frank
    Has anyone gotten their XL7 to the dealer lately because of the 2 recalls?? We got the first recall fixed two weeks ago and another recall came to us by mail on Friday. Yeesh! :)
  • parideparide Posts: 52
    My XL-7 (2002 Touring) is going in on January 26th for the accelerator cable/cap recall. I've been told by the dealer that it takes an approximately an hour to do the work. Assuming that the cable is one of the recalls you've received, what is the second one?
  • bobp11bobp11 Posts: 24
    The first one I received is for a protective plate to shield some wiring from the engine. The second is for the cap on the accelerator cable. I took my 03 to the dealer for the first, left it there, and only to find out later in the day they did not have the part to fix it. The cap is easily visible on the fire wall and supposedly deteriorates and frays the cable. Mine looks perfectly fine. I guess eventually I will get around to these fixes, but for now, they don't seem that pressing. These things are a pain, but I suppose necessary.
    The firewall cap also looks fine on my XL-7. I don't see any of the cracking the recall notice mentions. But, I'll get it changed now, before problems start.
  • I didn't even realize that was a DIFFERENT recall. I had the first one done 2 weeks ago, now I guess I gotta go back....

GREAT

Hey lkrk11, was that $249 the suzuki offerred remote start???
    at least it's free..but you have to waste an hour of your time :\
    Wow, we really need to get this board active!! Looks like people post every other week or so!! :)
    Nah, it was just a local shop that sells and installs things like that. My dad said it was warranted nation wide will have to ask him what brand it is. Maybe find a local shop that sells and installs it.

I would suspect in the next couple of years it will be an option with Suzuki.

I received my recall on the 12th, on the cap. Never heard of one for the shield, will have to ask on it. Thanks for putting it out there.
    The second recall about the shield and wiring is ONLY for 03's.. If you don't have an 03, there is only the one recall on the throttle cable.

Frank
  • ronlt2ronlt2 Posts: 9
    I just went on a trip and "happened" to be in the dealer shop getting something fixed (recall) and was told that Suzuki "recommends" that all XL7's use uridium spark plugs. This (in the shop) is about 120 bucks. I found the plugs for 7.50 apiece. Theyu say that our trucks will start missing and quit completely if this is not done. The idiot lite comes on saying service engine soon and engine starts missing. I have 70,000 on my XL and AFTER I took it in and had them check the plugs (I use autolight) it started missing and spitting. They also say that if the light comes on and stays on its okay and just bring it in when you can BUT if it starts flashing you are suppose to stop and off the vehicle and tow it in.Has anyone heard of this yet (this si my second set of plugs and it is just now doing it, never did it with the first set. I just bought some Champion's and they lasted a day before starting to miss. I have the 2001
    I know that the uridium plugs do run the best in our trucks but I know others have ran other plugs with fine results.. I know when I change mine a new set of uridiums will be going in..

I never heard of the check engine lite thing before tho.. hmmmmm.. Always thought they just stayed on with a hard fault and on mementary with a non hard fault..
    Won't the owners manual say this too? Anyone have one handy to check??

Frank
  • I drive a 2002 XL7 and this is the second CAnadian Winter. I have been getting ICE BUILDUP on the passenger door to the point when you open the door it has caused damaged to the lower door panel in the corner. HAs anyone had similar problems and solutions

Also I have had problems with Front Wheel Alignment. The vehicle has less that 50,000 km. Any solutions.

Also I installed a Suzuki BUG DEFLEctor and on normal driving conditions both have broken with the wind. Anyone having the same concerns.
    my alignment was off from the factory and fixed by the dealer when we bought it. Been fine since..

Frank
    Have any XL-7 owners had problems with their vehicles in temperatures around +10 degrees F? This past Friday, with the temp. around +8 deg, my XL-7 would not shift into 4WD. The "4WD" dashboard indication would not illuminate, and the front wheels clearly were not turning. I have a long, steep driveway to my house, which had some ice and compacted snow remaining from a storm on Thursday - usually no problem for my XL-7 when 4WD is used. However, we were forced to leave the vehicle near the bottom of the driveway because the XL-7 couldn't make it up in 2WD. The next morning, with the temp. about +20 deg. F, it shifted into 4WD on the first try, and I was able to drive up the driveway.

On two occasions about a month apart last winter, with the temp. at or below +10 deg. F, the "BRAKE" and "ABS" warning lights simultaneously came on. The lights remained on for several miles of driving and then turned off. While illuminated, there was no noticeable loss of braking capability. I had my Suzuki dealer check the brakes the first time this happened, but they could find nothing wrong. Unfortunately, the lights were not on when they checked it.
    The 4wd on our 02 Limited works fine right down to 0 degrees.. Its def a dealer serach problem.. Temps should have NO bearing to whether the 4wd works or not..

Frank
  • I just bought a 2003 x-L7 and the breaks started
    squeaking 2 weeks later,seen another x-L7 on the
    road and heard their breaks squeaking also. anyone else have the same problem?