Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 350 Navigation System

2»

Comments

• jtlajtla Posts: 375
    Wow! I did not know this fact when I purchased my 2010 RX350 last month. All I can say is that I am so very glad that I did not get the navigation. I was going to, but then decided against it because the effective cost of the in-dash navigation system is about $5k when you add all the other stuff (comfort pacakge, etc.) Lexus forces you to buy in order to get the navigation. $5k for a navigation system that does not even say street names? :confuse: Give me a break!
  • cwaynecwayne Posts: 80
    Buy yourself a portable gps with portable dash mount and put in the cutout on the 2010 rx. I bought a tom tom XL340s for $150 and portable dash mount for $22. Works really good.
  • shukhmanshukhman Posts: 4
    hey, anyone knows how to install the nav. dvd in 2007 rx 350?
  • My dealer tells me they will sell me a new disk for $169 and I can install it myself. Where is the unit and do I simply remove the old disk and put in the new one? I understand it is not in the dash but somewhere in the back of the car. Thanks.
  • For the 2009 RX350, you want to get into were the tools are for roadside. This is in second half compartment in rear cargo area. Once you lift cover, get flash light and on right hand side you will see access door that you can remove. pull panel off and you will see eject buton on face of the drive. eject and install new disc. Do this while car is running or in auxilary position
  • Thanks for the instruction. The instructions say to disengage the two clips and the remove front console box cover? I thought the unit holding the disk was in the rear cargo area. Is the remote operation controller in the rear cargo area? I am confused.
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    I am not familiar with the 2nd generation of the RX350.

Here's the instructions I found on Club Lexus:
    "The nav dvd reader is in the back cargo area under the tool tray. raise the carpet, pull out the plastic pins holding the tray in place, pull the tire tool tray out and the navi is right out in the open underneath. push the eject button to get the old disk out and just feed in the new dvd like you would any other machine. "
  • The drive that holds the DVD is locating in rear. No clips to be removed, no carpet removed. The drive is in the same compartment as the jack and roadside tools. The only thing that needs to be removed is the drive door cover and you pull off with fingers. Once door is removed, there is a slide lever on face of drive (left side on top of drive) that will eject disk. Have a led light handy for this part.
  • jacks2jacks2 Posts: 45
    Traded my 2010 RX350 for a2012 and noticed the Navigation seems to be a lower resolution. Any comments welcomed.
2»