Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LX 570

Comments

• Long time, you bet. This has got to be the deadest thread on Edmonds. Yep, I went for a drive (twice actually). Very smooth, much more responsive than my 470, not as roomy inside as I would like. Great turning radius and very nimble, feels smaller but is larger, outside at least. I hate the third row seats but that is what it is. No sign of bubinga wood, apparently discontinued before it ever appeared. Mine is delayed till February. The Platinum Sequoia is probably a better value.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    So you really like this that you have already order,nice to here that.

Sequoia is the better value but you don't get the same kind of refinement comfort ride handling that you get in a lexus.

Did you not consider any other vehicle when choosing the lx570.

I read about a previous lx470 owner as well who bought the new x5 rather than waiting for the lx570.

Well of course in a bmw you wouldn't get the reliability that you get from lexus.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    You guys are confusing me with your feedback - at the moment, I feel strongly both ways..... Guess I'll have to go sit in one myself to see if I have to have it.... If the new Sequoia has the same interior as the Tundra, I'll pass. The Tacoma is a nice cabin, but the Tundra (I have had one) has never been particularly nice, and IMO, still isn't. :cry:
  • luckylouluckylou Posts: 308
    Hi nvbanker
    I test drove the Sequoia and of course is miles away from the comfort of the LX570, not to mention the many others amenities.
    Still the Sequoia is a very good SUV , specially with the 5.7 engine.
  • "Miles away". Lou, did you drive a Platinum Sequoia, with the air suspension? I have heard it described as "Lexus like". I want to drive one this week.
  • luckylouluckylou Posts: 308
    I drove what they had at the time , the Limited with the awesome 5.7 engine.
    Personally I didn't like the front seat, mind you I drive a 2006 LX470 with very comfortable front seats.
    Putting aside this small detail and having my wife with me we found the Sequoia a very good SUV that will steal many sales away from the new Land Cruiser. My wife love it, is huge inside 2nd and 3rd rows fold flat. Tons of rooms for knicksknacks, large cup holders , the V8 5.7 liters is the way to go. In the Platinum trim is standard.
    There are a few things that I don't care for it ; the driver's side emergency foot brake,
    the gas door does not have a interior lock, the tunnel gauges.
    I am looking forward to test drive the new LX570, every time the Lexus dealer gets one or two they sell it right of way.
    Let me know how you like test driving the Platinum.
  • Well, my wife and I drove the Sequoia Limited. They did not have a Platinum air suspension. The Sequoia has lots of leg room and cargo room, handles well, short turning radius, comfortable seats (even the third row) and well appointed, love those pull up window shades. However, the ride is not Lexus like, more Tundra like, unacceptable to me. They will call when they have an air suspension to test drive but the salesman did not give the impression that it was a big upgrade in ride comfort. I guess I will have to learn to love those fold up third row seats in the LX-570.
  • I drove the LX 570, Sequoia and the Landcruiser. In terms of space and interior utilization the Sequoia beats the others hands down. The LX is a lot more luxurious
    with nice instruments and better quality materials.

I did not find any difference between the rides of the LX and the Sequoia, I would even say that the Sequoia has the better ride (independent suspension that the LX does not have)

The waiting time for the LX is 3 months and MSRP. Although the MSRP difference is 20 K the actual difference is 25 k . I have decided to go for the Platinum since it has the same engine and transmission, a lot more space but lower quality fit and finish! I plan to buy a second fuel efficient vehicle with the 25k difference
  • Lou, since you drive a 470, did you think the interior of the 570 was larger or smaller? The outside is wider, longer and taller, but to me, the inside is narrower, shorter and lower. How did the Lexus engineers accomplish that? I guess we have different ride sensitivities, To me, the Sequoia rode rougher than my 470 and the 570 rode smoother than my 470, way smoother. Did you get to test drive the air suspension Sequoia? Well, whatever, Houston Auto Show tomorrow. If I could get those third row seats out, I would have no issue with buying a 570.
  • The inside of the LX 570 is much bigger than the LX 470. The design is also more modern. The Platinum sequoia drives better than the LX 570 because it has an independent rear suspension and the chassis of the LX 570 is based on the old Sequoia/tundra. The new sequoia is based on the new tundra which is more rigid.

My salesman drove it through a football field to show me how comfortable it rides.
    That was one thing I wanted to make sure before I bought it.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    The Platinum sequoia drives better than the LX 570 because it has an independent rear suspension and the chassis of the LX 570 is based on the old Sequoia/tundra. The new sequoia is based on the new tundra which is more rigid.

Are you sure about that? The old LX-570 is based on the Land Cruiser, I believe - which predates the Sequoia or Tundra by decades. I may be wrong, but I don't think the Land Cruiser and the Tundra/Sequoia are related by platform at all....
  • The old LX 470 is based on the landcruiser which is a very old /revered design. The new LX 570 is based on the landcruiser which itself is based on the earlier sequoia. I have the old sequoia and if you get into landcruiser/lx 570 the seating arrangement, dimensions are virtually identical. Although sales people dont like to acknowlege it they also agreed when asked.
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,925
    Sorry, but the LC and the LX predate the OLD Sequoia by several years. The new LC and LX share the same underpinnings etc.but both the old Sequoia and the new Sequoia are entirely separate. The old Sequoia was based on the old Tundra and the new Sequoia is based on the new Tundra.

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

• I realize that people have diffciulty when they hear that the LX 570 is based on the old sequoia. This is a fact just like the fact that the RX 350 is based on the old highlander or the fact that the ES 350 is based on the Avalon/Camry.

Lexus starts with a very fine product which is the Toyota and make it far more luxurios with find leather, better gauges and a better suspension
    Nope. At one point there was speculation that for 2008 the LC would be dropped from production and the 2008 LX would then be built off of the Sequoia. That did not happen.

An entirely new LC was built and it was/is not based on the Sequoia. The LX is based on the new LC platform.

As I mentioned earlier, you are also wrong about the old LC/LX being based on the old Sequoia. The LC/LX changed very little from 1998 thru 2007 model year. I don't believe the Sequoia was even built in 1998.

Toyota/Lexus does a lot of sharing between platforms and they are smart to do so. However, this is not the case with the Sequoia and Landcruiser.

• I never said that the old LX is based on the old sequoia. The old LX is based on the landcruiser. The new LX is based on the old sequoia chasiss. I have talked to atleast 2 sales people at Toyota and 1 at Lexus. All of them have confirmed that the new LX is based on the 2001 sequoia chassis. Ofcourse Lexus and Toyota have spent more than 5 years refinining it into the LX and LX.. I have also driven both the LX and the Landcruiser. The first and second row seats are virtually identical to the old sequoia. THe major difference is the power third row seats on the LX.The new LX also shares the 5.7 liter engine with the new sequoia/Tundra..
    Well someone has given you some bad info. The Sequoia is and always has been a vehicle designed, built and sold only in the U.S. The Landcruiser/LX is a world vehicle built only in Japan and sold in various configurations worldwide. It has been around much longer than the Sequoia. About the only thing they have in common is the engine.

The RX 350 and the old Highlander are actually based on the original RX 350 because the RX 350 was the first to be built, at least a full year before the original Highlander.

Has any1 yet purchased a lx570. I am sure whoever read these posts here would seriously be confused. by the way I would prefer LFA over the porsche and r8.
    I certainly haven't bought the LX 570 but I am on my second LX 470. I haven't even seen a 570 in person. I have had a chance to look at the new Sequoia and the new Landcruiser.

I am as confused as everyone else about this business of the new LC/LX being based on the old Sequoia. All you have to do is take a look at the subject vehicles and you will know that they are very different trucks.

I think the lx570 will be the best large family SUV.

1 of my uncle is considering getting trading his old cruiser to a new cruiser within 3 months strangely he doesn't consider any other SUV I have notice this that land cruiser owner don't switch a lot
  • I'll try to be brief - in one day I drove the 2008 TLC,(Sticker $73k), the LX570 ($84k), the Sequoia Plat. ($58k), the short body Escalade ($71k) and the LR RR HSE ($84k)

2008 TLC - Pro: as an owner of a 2000 TLC, I was impressed by the performance of the beast - the usual quality and understated theme, complex, high quality 4x4 system and perf on the road - I think my current TLC drives just great and this one was a big improvement over that. Con: No adjust. susp, no power 3rd row seats, no Xen lights, arm rest on the front seats are gone.... kinda under whelming... guess as I have aged, my expectations, for this kinda $, have moved a little upscale

2008 LX570 - Pro: all the best points of the TLC, had the elusive arm rests, albeit as part of the center consul - had all the goodies that the TLC lacked (as noted - the power 3rd row seats do not look tobe removalable), but more refined (if that is what you are looking for)... Con: $10k more in cost

2008 Sequoia - Pro: price / value equation, size (this could be a +/-), power 3rd row fold-into-the-bottom seats... Con: kinda ugly, IMHO of course, Interior - sitting in the driver seat, the interior (although upscale for a pickup), made me think back to my old F150 4x4 that I had in college, 1 piece rear gate (albeit with power window), 2nd row captain chairs (no good for me as I have 3 kids in baby seats and two large dogs - maybe they can be switched out so that you can get the 2nd row bench like the base model?), size - this thing is huge....

2008 Escalade: Pro: bling - bells and whistles, Cons: Shifter on the steering column seems "old hat", 2nd row captains chairs here also (what is it with these things?) looks and quality - hard to justify the upcharge from the Yukon Denali, although my neighbor "the know it all' Dr, just raves about his - go figure huh?

2008 RR HSE - my wife loved this one - deep blue exterior, with off white leather seats with blue piping and blond-wood interior accents. Didn't drive the supercharged version but this one was fast enuff...Pro: exclusivity, interior driving quality, Cons: lack-of-quality reputation (although I have friends that have the 2007 and 2006 models and they have had no issues - then again, their wifes drive them, so the things never get abused), overall size / quality / performance to cost ratio kinda sucks...

The more I think about it, the more I may just sit on the sidelines and wait for the 2008 LX570s to come off those 24 month leases...
    Good post. Thanks for sharing.

nice experience. so ur leaning towards the lx570 seems a good choice since there is a chance that rover could have a new owner very soon. women seems to like these SUV a lot these days. :confuse:
  • Wow, great experience, back to back to back drives. Thanks for posting. How would you rate the ride quality of these five, from best to worst?
  • 85 grand!!!! whew! I just found out the price today and it's nothing but pure greed on Toyota's part. I haven't seen one in person yet, but i have been impressed with the looks. Toyota has finally done it in getting the 470/570 up near the Range rover's price. I'm sorry, but the Lexus just doesn't have the complete package to justify the massive price. This truck sounds about 10-15 grand overpriced. I think I'll go with a Denali, to many people have the Escalade, can't turn around without seeing that truck. d@mn I really wanted the 570 and i expected it to be over 70 grand but i will not pay near 90 grand for this truck. As someone else mentioned already about getting a lower priced Lux Sport ute and spending the extra cash on something else. I'll spend the 55 grand for the Denali and use the 30 grand I'll save to buy a car for my kid or redo our kitchen or update the entertainment in our house, something.
    yup it does seem over price. does any of you think will LEXUS EVER make a suv to compete with cars like the BMW x5. i will the x5 and wish to be my next car but i really trust lexus reliability and not bmws

please toyota lexus make a car to compete with the x5 i don't consider the lx570 or the new upcoming rx as a x5 type of competitor
  • vtdocvtdoc Posts: 10
    If you paid 85K for the 570 you are NUTS, CR invoice including the 1200 hold back is 63K. With a few add ons you can get it for 70-75 or less. I drove it and it was great ride and feel all around. :D
  • The new redesigned 2008 LX 570 that used to be the 470? If you know a place where you can pick the new one up forthe price you mentioned let me know.
  • I agree with you on the quality of lexus. That is the main reason I held off buying the Range Rover, which I liked. Unfortunately the Range Rover as i've heard is not reliable. Great mechanically but electronically wise a lot of them European makers don't match the Japanese. Even issues aside lexus does not match the same prestige as the Range Rover.
  • Of few more impressions, in no particular order....

Driving the 2008 TLC - only drove it about 10 miles, but that included a main street, and whirl on/ off the interstate and back... as noted, it had more "umph" than my 2000 TLC, the two-tone interior was "nice" (too bad the sales guy had no idea what he was showing me, hence his attempt to steer me to the Seqouia LOL)... 2008 LX570 - the overall driving experience was more pleasing, same "umph" and get up and go, but somehow more quiet... then tune up the ML sound system and WOW - felt like an 18yr blasting the radio...really liked the adjustable suspension - always liked this on the RR, and my wife is demanding that "our" next SUV have it so she doesn't enjoy killing herself getting the kids into their car seats....also, when driving the two, the Lexus just felt more "upscale" - to tell the truth, given the common looks of many Toyota SUVs, I bet other drivers thought that when I was driving the TLC, I was instead in a gussied up Highlander LOL.. the LX570 is hard to confusion with the other Lexus SUVs... my take on things for what it is worth
This discussion has been closed.