Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon Radio, Stereo, iPod, XM Sirius Questions

Comments

• I am having the exact same problem with my 03. Headphones work but no sound through rear speakers. Shows the headphone icon on the front head unit (factory) so I'm thinking it's always trying to play through the headphones instead of the speakers? Anyway to turn the headphones off or what? I have only had the Denali a week or so and it would be nice to have some sound coming from the back as well! If you figure out a fix be sure to let me know and I'll do the same!
  • YettiYetti Posts: 1
    What do I need in order to play an iPod in a 2007 Yukon?
  • ahightowerahightower TXPosts: 470
    Headphones.

(Just kidding! :P )

Things may have changed with the new 2007 head unit, but I looked into this for my 2005, and there is an adapter for sale that will work with the factory system. Apparently you connect this thing to the back of the factory radio, and when you push the CD/AUX button it will switch between those inputs. Total cost, installed, was about $150 at a little cell phone/car audio shop I just happened to visit. They would run the USB cable through the dash somewhere, they said most likely into the glove box, but I suppose they could put in in the center console or anywhere else. Again, it may be different for 2007+ models. If any of the buttons in your radio say Aux or CD/Aux, you'd probably be in luck. Just swing by some stereo shop and ask for their recommendation.
  • i have the nav/radio. Wen I push the little music symbol button I can choose four options....driver, rear, spacious, or normal. When i choose one, after I go to another station it goes back to driver. How do I get it to stay on rear for all stations. I think rear sounds the best.
  • I just purchased a used 2007 yukon with everything stock and my brother gave me an 15" infinity speaker with amp. I set up everything except for plugging in the remote and speaker wires in the back of the radio. Any suggestions on how to get the face plate off so I can get behind it. Also are there any specific tools or equipment I might need?
  • resarf65resarf65 Posts: 2
    HEY I JUST BOUGHT A CHERRY OF A 2003 YUKON WITH LOW LOW MILEAGE AND I AM HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING BUT I WANT TO TWEEK THE STEREO. I WANT XM AND AN A AUXILARY JACK FOR MY IPOD WILL A STEREO FROM A 2007 FIT MY 03, ONE OTHER THING I HAVE A SMALL ANTENA ABOVE THE DRIVER ON THE ROOF IS THIS XM OR ONSTAR?
  • resarf65resarf65 Posts: 2
    I had to answer this myself, since no one on here ever answered. the answer is no I bought a radio from a 2008 yukon off ebay and it does not fit and the connections on the back are completely different.........
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I'm sorry no one was able to help out. Have you tried asking a GMC dealer?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • msbasscatmsbasscat Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Yukon /Denali, I need to know the approx. weight of the vehicle because my parking garage can't put more the 4000 lbs. on the elavator.
  • rshtrsht Posts: 277
    A 2006 Yukon Denali weights around 6000-lbs, depending on how your particular vehicle is equipped... The best way to tell is to check the sticker on your driver side door jam. Unfortunately, even a base model Yukon (with 2-WD) weight-in at 5000+lbs, will be unsafe on your lift/elevator...
  • Is there anyway an i pod can be connected to my 2006 Yukon Denali stereo system directly, without using the adapter for the cigarette lighter?
  • Can i install a factory xm radio out of a 2005 yukon in my 2002 yukon? If so what do i need to make the installion?
  • Any one have a problem with 07 yukon wheel nuts cracking. Dealer says normal wear and tear, road conditions,etc --- seems pretty weak for a $50,000 suv less than 3 years old and under 40,000 miles.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Give the GMC Yukon Tires and Wheels discussion a try. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • rshtrsht Posts: 277
    edited February 2010
    Never heard of it on the 07 Yukon.... The OEM wheel lug nuts are either defective or someone has been tighten them nuts with the wrong torque.

Your dealer said its from "Normal wear and tear", Hummmm, how many miles do you have on your 07 Yukon anyway?

Let's move over to the "GMC Yukon Tires and Wheels" discussion.
  • rv2963rv2963 Posts: 2
    Yes, I have a 2007 Tahoe and same thing the reception fades in and out. The dealer replaced the stereo twice, rear window/antenna, coax, fm module and amplifier. The dealer agrees there is a problem and has no suggestions. I have a complaint/ case pending with GM and their representative still has not contacted me. I had a loaner 2009 Suburban and it did the exact same thing. So far I found four people locally who also have the problem. Ask others with a Denali, Tahoe, Yukon, and Escalade and I bet they have the same issue.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,064
    Hello RV2963,
    I apologize the agent hasn't contacted you back. I checked your case notes and your agent is going to call you today. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2003 Denali with the Nav/Radio/XM/CD the works that I bought new. Last year the screen suddenly went blank, sound bursts every 5-10 seconds, screen flashes white but generally is dark. There is sound but if you leave it on the bursts blow out your eardrums. Most of the buttons are inop. Then after a month it started working normal until last month it started again (after the battery went dead which happens every year in May for last four years, Interstate battery replaced under warranty each time becaue it is then fried). About once a week it will come back on for that time ignition is on. Next time it goes back to blank. About the time I think I'll take it in to a dealer it will be working. Once I was told the ONstar is draining the battery but don't know how to disconnect (never converted it to Digital anyway). Three years ago I had to replace the amp ($800+) so am not crazy about taking to a dealer anyway. Anyone else run into this or have a solution/suggestion? I've checked every fuse, circuit,etc. There is a constant drain somewhere that is not going through the fuse boxes.
  • kts0347kts0347 Posts: 44
    I would appreciate help with how to replace a burned out light on the volume control button that is positioned on the right side of the steering wheel.
    I've been told these buttons are illuminated by fiber optic cable from a central location. How do you access it, to change a burned out bulb?
    Thanks.
  • Just an update. I learned on another forum that the buttons in the steering wheel of the Denali are just push in modules that seat in the soft rubber surround of the steering wheel. They are integrated switch modules that contain a small circuit board, illuminating lights and rocker switches for the control features. When the light burns out you have to replace the entire assembly as the bulb is not independently replaceable. It is soldered to the circuit board.

To remove it, the best method is to make a tool out of a piece of heavy gauge wire, putting an "L" bend in it to make a "hook." Push the hook wire in the space between the switch and the rubber surround, and then rotate it 90 degrees after it clears the backside of the switch (about 1 inch deep). Pull straight out. (Alternate procedure - use the sharp points of two small knives on opposing sides of the module, to work/lever the plastic module out of the cavity.) There is a wire harness at the back of the module. A small flat blade screw driver will allow you to release the harness clip as there is insufficient clearance for your fingers. Don't pull hard on the harness - there isn't much slack. The replacement GM part number for the seek/volume switch is 1999443. Buy a new part from the dealer (about $25), re-clip the harness using the screwdriver as an aid, and just push the module back into the cavity to re-seat it. Job done. :)
  • Please help. I'm new here. I have a 2007 Denali with the Nav/Radio/XM/DVD. We went by Best Buy and asked them what we'd need to play our Ipod touch in the truck to play movies for our daughter. They told us since we had the video ports on the back of the center console we could use that. I tried that today and the video will show up on the front screen but not on the rear screen. I tried looking through the manual to see if I needed to do something special for it to move the rear screen but had no luck. I thought maybe it would switch once I put in drive (since it has that lockout feature) but that didn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else we could try? We seriously bought the Ipod touch just for this purpose!!! Trying to avoid the collection of DVD's in the truck!!! Thanks for any help.
    :)
  • I just started having the EXACT problem and it is driving me crazy. did you find a solution? I was just out checking the fuses. Is it the battery? amp? thanks
  • It's been a longgggg process, most of which has been met with dead ends. I finally bought a new radio/nav unit and had it installed. Cost me a fortune but radio is again working. I have no confidence that the problem won't return and the vehicle battery will probably go dead again by next spring from the as-yet unidentified drain. The two problems are separate apparently. Cost so far is in excess of $600. Had to pay a dealer to reprogram the radio ID, etc. too.
  • cjsly172cjsly172 Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I have 2007 5.3L GMC Yukon with 64k miles. Recently, I started to experience an annoying high pitched whine that seems to come from the rear speakers. It fluctuates with the engine noise and rises in pitch when I step on the gas. It does this randomly about 1-2 times a month for a few minutes while we’re in the car. The stereo is the stock Bose system. I am the only owner and have not added any aftermarket items/systems. There aren’t any auxiliary items plugged into the interior power ports (no TV system or MP3 player). The noises DOSEN’T go away if I turn down the radio volume or turn off the radio. We are going on a 12 hour trip in a few weeks and I am fearful we may experience this during the trip…

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks
  • kgroves1kgroves1 Posts: 1
    I have the same issue, except they already replaced the rear equalizer and the rear speakers were blown. That was on the right rear and now it's happening on the left rear. It stops when the radio is turned off, but makes the noise again when I turn on the blinker and sometimes when I step on the brakes. The dealership says they have to duplicate the noise and of course it doesn't do it when I take it there.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Have you made any progress on this since your last post? If we can look into this further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 of your VIN).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Hi and Happy New Year!!

Did you have any luck resolving this issue?
    I am going through the exact same thing, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Manny
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,064
    What model year is your vehicle, Manny? I can check my resources to see if I can get you any information.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • phochephoche Posts: 5
    I've got a 2000 Yukon XL and the subwoofer is barely making any sound. I removed the speaker and tested on another system and it works fine. I've been told the amplifier is in three different places in the truck and don't want to dismantle the whole thing to find it. Anyone know for sure where it is? Is it possible to be something simple as a loose connection or something?