Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• arslanarslan Posts: 36
    Has anyone purchased an extended warranty from Toyota prior to the expiration of the original warranty?

Just curious as to whether Toyota dealers, expecially in MD/DC area would offer competitive pricing.
  • I purchased mine from a dealer in VA, right by the DC border off I-95(Kay Jennings I think it was) after reading many posts here on Edmunds. One of the members (cliffy1) works there and gave a great deal (1/2 price) as compared to what my local dealers wanted. Contact cliffy1 and see what he says.
  • Bought a 6yr/100K platinum warranty for $915 plus tax, which is $100 over "cost" on my '01 SR5 4WD. I would not pay anymore than that. Have had roughly same amount of claims through 88K miles due to a rear axel seal replacement. Worth piece of mind, I suppose.
  • arslanarslan Posts: 36
    ss/ff4 - Thanks for the info.
  • sakssaks Posts: 8
    We are in the process of ordering a 2005 Limited with the Luxury Package as well as other options. My question is about the wood trim. The LX pkg states it includes "wood grain style trim". There is an additional accessory listed called the "Molded Dash Applique". The dealer we are dealing with is charging us for the molded dash applique in addition to the LX package. Another dealer told us the dash applique was included in LX pkg. We are also getting the Navigation system and want to make sure the wood trim is on this portion of the dash as seen in the brochure.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,614
    if you are going to tow something that is pushing the limits of 3 tons or more, a larger, wider track vehicle is probably better. as far as hp/torque ratings go, it depends at where in the power band those numbers you quote happen. the yukon most likely makes more torque at a lower, and probably broader range than the sequoia. this allows it to have a higher towing capacity.
  • I just bought a 2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 (2wd) with all the options except a sunroof and heated seats. It had 43,000+ miles on it.

So far a very very nice vehicle. We took it on a road trip this weekend and averaged about 17.5 mpg on the highway at speeds of ~70+ mph. We got about 15.5 mpg in a mix of suburban and city driving (Houston). Is this consistant with everyone elses experience? The trip computer seems to read about 1-2 mpg high.

We did have our VSC computer replaced by the selling dealer for a cost of $1558. They offered a 3 month 3000 miles full warranty on all their used vehicles and they had to eat the cost.

We originally considered a Tahoe, Yukon, and Navigator. I'm glad we ended up with the Sequoia.

Extended warranties, any opinions?
  • oacoac Posts: 1,594
    What did you pay for this vehicle ?
  • I have a 2005 Seq. Ltd. 2WD w/Nav & Rear DVD and the LX package. The wood comes standard with that package. Just call the dealer and advise them that you won't be paying for any wood applique since you know it's a standard equipment feature of the LX package.
  • Somewhere between $23.5k and $24.5k. This is a range because I had a trade in and the range that Terry on the Real-World-Trade-In-Values board gave me for my 2002 CR-V EX was between $13.5k and $14.5k. I paid a difference of $10,000.

The paperwork said that my trade-in was $14,135 and the Sequoia was $24,135. Those are just numbers that can be played anyway you want it.

I'm very happy with my deal. Please don't tell me that I paid too much, because I don't think I want to know :)
  • Any opinions on the Gold Coverage of the Toyota Extra-Care Warranty? I can buy the $0 deductible for $1080. It does exclude many things from the platinum warranty. Is this worth it?
  • My advice is to call several area dealerships. I ended up getting the platinum for around $915 or so plus tax. That price sounds high for lesser coverage. In my search, I found two dealerships that would do the platinum at $100 over for my 2001 SR5 4WD with all options. This was a couple of years ago, so there probably have been some modest price increases since.
  • My vehicle is no longer in the factory 3/36 warranty period, so a platinum warranty is not even offered. The best I can get from Toyota is a Gold warranty.
    Thanks, aggie1995. I do appreciate your response.

I am planning to buy an LX470 and wondering what my trade-in value on my 2001 SR5 2WD w/60K miles will be at. Terry gave me a ball-park in the low low $17K for dealer trade-in value. Of course he counselled selling it myself for about $20K-ish. So yours gave me additional number to work with.
  • sakssaks Posts: 8
    Thanks for confirming this. Your package sounds like what we are looking for (except the DVD). We are planning on having one installed after market. I've heard you can't run the Nav and a movie at the same time. Is this correct?

How much was your price, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
  • OAC - came close to trading my '01 SR5 4WD (sunroof, 6CD, leather, etc.) in August 2004. At the time, I had 78K miles on it and the best I could get on trade-in was $17,500, which I thought was about $2,000 short. If the vehicle is in good shape and you have pretty good service records, etc., selling thru the paper may not be a bad way to go, expecially since your miles are fairly low. I would run the trade-in value on KBB.com and rate it good, then excellent condition. The average of those two values should be a decent indicator of what they might eventually accept on the trade. Don't be surprised if the dealer trys to low ball starting just under good, though.
  • I bought also SR5 with all options except NAV and

DVD for 35500 im dec 04

Can you tell how much you paid just to get a idea

Thanks
    Thanks for your comments. My truck's condition can be described as "Fair" due to a few nicks and scrapes after 4+ years of ownership. No dents tho', just normal wear and tear. I'll be happy to see $18K from the dealer and $20K from the buying public. If the spread is about $2K I may just give it to the dealer, but if the spread is larger, I'll sell it myself.
  • hinkhink Posts: 1
    We own a 2004 Sequoia Limited. Each side rail indicates a maximum load of 150lbs. Our hard-sided box that we carried on our GMC Surburban weighs 135lbs. I find it hard to believe that I can only put 150lbs up there. Does anyone know if that is 150/rail? Does anyone have experience carrying more weight? Why do these SUVs only allow for such a small amount of weight up top?

Thanks for your help!
  • sirrafsirraf Posts: 55
    Does anyone know when the New Model of the Sequoia is coming out... 2006 or 2007? Where can I see a picture of the future Sequoia?