Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• sirrafsirraf Posts: 55
    Host... It's about time that Toyota developed a new model Sequoia. I know that Toyota keeps this infomation under wraps but maybe there could be a new forum titled "Wish list for new Sequoia"?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,984
    Great idea! Here you go:

Wish list for new Sequoia

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I've been shopping and bugging my local Toyota guys about the new Toyota Sequoia for the last two years since Toyota missed the normal 4-5 year redesign cycle. Earlier this year the manager told me the design change will be in late 2007 on the 2008 Sequoia package. After the Tundra changes, Toyota is moving and building a new plant (I think I remember him saying in Texas) where the Sequoia and it's Lexus version will be built. I hope that helps you on your choice. I've stuck with my 02 and will patiently wait for the the new release.
  • dingchavezdingchavez Posts: 19
    These vehicles are gracious and luxurious. Even though it doesn't have a lexus badge it's made by the same company. I have a family member that was bouncing around in her decision to buy a Chrysler 300C, Lexus GS or ES and an Infiniti M. She has now decided on the Toyota Sequoia. I know several people that own them and they all love them.

Hopefully my family member will get one the end of this year or early January. She doesn't really care if it's the current model or the new one. The current model is gorgeous. If anyone has anymore info on a release date or specs on the new Sequoia I would appreciate you sharing the info...thanks.
  • Good, so hopefully the body style they have now will be out for another model year, 07. And the 08's will be delivered in August. I really adore the current body style.
  • petro33petro33 Posts: 192
    I have an 'o1 with 120,000 and am looking to replace it. My goal is to get one that will tow a bigger trailer. Looks like Tundra will do that in '07 with a bigger engine so we can expect that in the '08 sequoia. Take a good look at the '07 tundra (engine, transmission, dash layout, etc)and I am sure you will see the '08 sequoia.
  • I hear you, the new style will have to wait till 08. I just got off the phone with one of the toyota dealers and she told me that the body style they have now, will not change until 08. I won't be able to purchase mine until the beggining of next year, so that works for me.
  • harboharbo Posts: 136
    Please let me know your experience with the Alpine system. A happy but "booming" Sequoia.
  • amheck1amheck1 Posts: 44
    2007 Sequoia is listed on toyota.com now. Doesn't look to be a re-design. Bummer. I wanted to trade in my 2004 4Runner, but I really wanted a new design. maybe I can hold out another year. Oh well.
  • dwoofiedwoofie Posts: 4
    Bummer...I want to trade my 1997!!! 4Runner. I don't know that I can wait another year...I've been waiting for 2 already...not sure what to do.....I hate to buy the last model year, then it looks old too fast (yes, I'm one of them!). Sigh....I should have bought it 2 years ago when I first wanted one... I've also noticed a lot of ads in magazine for the Sequoia...another hint it wouldn't be changing this year...
  • sirrafsirraf Posts: 55
    I also have been waiting for a couple of years and I now believe that the next generation Sequoia is just around the corner. The 2007 looks like the same tired model with nothing new.

With the new Tundra coming out in a few months and the fact that Toyota is now offering a rebate to move the Sequoia the replacement should not be long. I just hope that it comes out in the spring as a 2008.

I, for one, am going to wait for the 2nd generation Sequoia!
  • I have been having a lot of problems with my Sequoia since around 3,000 miles. My 2005 SUV was in the repair shop many time. They told me the the vibration I was feeling was normal and all of my other problems were also normal. I finially took it to a different Toyota service center and I also called Toyota Corp and reported what has been goiong on. While at a differnt service center about an hour away. I went over all of my problems and they said what I was describing is NOT normal. They have replaced several things so far.
    The vibrations I was feeling every so often while driving:
    They test drove it and said no this should not be happening. 1st they flushed the transmission, which did not solve the problem and now they found that the torque converter is bad. they are replacing it as I type. They told me this may not fix the problem but they pritty sure this is the probelm...
    I have 4 wheel drive problems sometimes it will take 2 minutes for it to kick in, odor smell, hesataion, back hatch won't open sometimes, feels like I have been rearended while I am at a stop light, and transmission. This service center said most of the problems are fixed and parts have been replaced. They can not figure out the 4 wheel drive problem Yet
  • sdawessdawes Posts: 3
    Hi, I am new to this so bare with me. I just wanted to let you know that I have a 2006 Sequoia which I leased in November, 2005 and am trying to sell or have someone take over the lease. My husband and I have our own construction business and we thought leasing was a good idea. Not only has it been a bad idea for us due to the mileage, but a luxury vehicle just isn't as good as a different type of SUV would be with the type of business we are in. I previously had a Ford Excursion which I sold because I had never had the luxuries which my Sequoia has and thought that was a big deal at the time. I am now realizing that the Excursion was better for me in the business we are in. I am looking for someone interested in either buying the Sequoia outright or taking over the lease from me. Do you know of anyone who might be interested? The Sequoia is a 4x2 SR5, fully loaded. It has leather interior, moonroof, 6 disc changer, rear air, power seats, windows and locks, spoiler, keyless entry, 3rd row seats and more. It currently has a little over 11,000 miles on it. It is brand new. I love this vehicle but we just can't afford to keep both, the Sequoia and another SUV.
    We aren't set up for buying and selling on the forum but there are leasing outfits that will connect you with people interested in buying out your lease.

Check out these recent blogs for more:

Question of the Day - Ending Lease Early

Getting Rid of My Lease

The Lease Termination Fees and other costs discussion also has some threads about early lease returns. Good luck!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• leonpmcleonpmc Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 Sequoia with the standard JBL stereo which works very well, but I want to get Sirius Satellite Radio for my Sequoia now. Has anyone converted their older system to Sirius? Any suggestions? Do I need to get rid of the existing CD/Cassette/FM deck? Is there a similar product that I can place in the dashboard with Sirius/CD/Cassette?
  • sdawessdawes Posts: 3
    Thank you for the information. I actually already have my Sequoia on Swapalease.com. Just thought I would put the word out there to see if anyone is interested. Thanks again.
  • My 2004 Sequoia with 50K has a lot of marks/scratches on the glass, recently
    it further hit by something created a hole (not through).
    Thinking about replacing a new one if it worth it.

Reasons of thinking to replace:
    1. Too many scratches and a hole on, it distracts viewing.
    2. Wondering if the glass has any kind of improvement which will a better
    shielding to sunlight? I feel hot and sometimes a little burning on skin
    driving in summer. Comparing to my wife's Accord, her car never gave me
    such burning feel no matter how hot it is. Is it common on a Sequoia?

Thank you for any info. What will it cost me?
  • pschreckpschreck Posts: 524
    I haven't been on the forum in a long time, but wanted to say goodbye. Our 2001 Sequoia went back to the bank on Thursday. :cry: She was a great truck (never had a problem) but we simply didn't need her capacity anymore and went with a Subaru Tribeca. :D

Good luck to everybody and enjoy your Sequoias.
    Enjoy the B9 - you got Harvest Gold, right? :D