Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• I could not agree more..., a Subaru will surely fit the need, function, budget, and practicality. I suggest any of the Subaru's since they all have AWD. If you want good balance with 4 doors, young group to attract, I suggest any 04-06 WRX. You will most likely find one with with low miles and around 10K with change to spare to cover maintenance, insurance, and fuel costs. Good luck...
  • I suggest to have the NAV reset including the compass. If your compass is off track and not pointing magnetic North when needed, you surely will be off on any location you attempt to program. I personally do not have a built in NAV on my 04 Sequoia, but I have several hand held and dash top placed GPS systems I've used. Also, check your default settings and make sure the appropriate options are on or off. Example, route preference, highway, side street, or off road. Routing, automatic, audible prompt, or none... The only item I say can really get you off track if all has been done and said is your area. Make sure to at least get 3-4 satellite connections. A good connection will show several to a handfull of sattelite direct line of sight on your horizon, 45% above, and directly above you. Make sure to also enable WAS.
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,681
    Make sure to also enable WAS.

What is that? The NAV is very accurate for GPS location. It is just not good at routing. It gives 3 choices and none are the best of known routes. Maybe I am expecting too much AI out of the NAV. It does not take the shortest route most times. Or it directs you on roads that do not go all the way through to your destination. We drove it extensively in the area of San Diego that is now on fire. If I was not very familiar with that area the NAV could send you on a dead end road. That could be dangerous in an evacuation situation. If I had it to do over I would not have bought the SUV with NAV or the useless backseat DVD player. I would have installed a Pioneer NAV. I thought all Toyota NAV units were voice operated also. I just got some old technology in a new vehicle. I guess that is why they were so heavily discounted. It drives and handles nice.
  • nedzelnedzel Posts: 787
    On your limited budget, a Sequoia would be a really bad idea. The cost of gas would kill you.

Get a small FWD or AWD car and put a set of snow tires on it. I lived in Ithaca for 4 years and did just fine with a rear wheel drive car. There's no need for a big truck that gets 12 mpg.
  • chack1chack1 Posts: 3
    My 03 Sequoia liftage cable snapped last week- at least it sounded like the cable. Dealer wants $350 to fix-ouch.
    Could I please get the directions on how to go abput repairing this myeslf please?
  • I was wondering if anyone knows why my tcs light has come on in my 03 seq. 4wd and has stayed on, my engine light came on about the same time. I put the obd2 on it and it pulls a code for an o2 sensor. can anyone advise whether the lights are related to each other and what could be the problem. any advice would be appreciated.
  • Has anyone experienced an exhaust leak in their cabins when accelerating to pass a vehicle or decellerating from passing? My 2007 Seqouia Limited, has been doing this for about 6 months, I have relative whom has a 2005 who is experiencing same thing. I noticed one other complaint filed with NHSA.

This is a very strong odor that has caused my passengers to become nauseated, and puts you to sleep when driving long distances. Of course Toyota says they can't "replicate" the problem? I have 30K miles on vehicle, and more than 10 very educated friends have all complained about this.

If you have experienced this problem, please let me know!
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,681
    Welcome to the forum.
    I have a 2007 Sequoia Limited. I will give it a try. I am fairly passive driver so I have not done much fast accelerating yet. Less than 1000 miles on it. I will post if I smell the exhaust. Do you have the luxury package with the captains chairs in 2nd row? Not that it should make any difference.
  • Thanks, yes I have the luxury package with middle 2 bucket seats, my exhaust tip comes out back of vehicle with silver tip.
  • I also have this problem. My Toyota dealer was able to witness the odor...they put an extension tip on the exhaust, per Toyota corp's instruction. This didn't solve the problem. and they said there was no other solution...next step is arbitration. My Sequoia is a 2007 with only 4600 miles on it. (mine is not a limited)
  • Thanks, please let me know about the arbitration. I guess that will be my next step. I have other issues with this vehicle that Toyota dealership states they can't "verify---. Ever since I got the Seqouia, it has leaned to the left, they say that the bumpers are of equal distance from the ground, but any slightly educated person can see this leans. The ride is horrendous, very shaky and bumpy. How can other Seqouia owners say great ride?
    Thanks!
  • Have you filed a complaint with the national highway safety commision? If not, please do so ASAP, place it under the Exhaust and Air Region. The direct link is:
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
    Greer
  • I have about 8500 miles on my new Sequoia, but something does not feel quite right with both the front seats as far as heat in them?? When I have set them in high, they don't even feel like they are on low and when I set them on low they feel lukewarm? Has anyone out there noticed if there seats seem cool for being heated? I traded in my 2002 4-Runner with factory seat heaters and they get alot warmer. The dealer wants to take the seats out and check the wiring? I am not so comfortable with that.
  • That is so funny, and I thought it was just me! I have exact problem, when on low, I do get some heat, but when on high, I get very little heat, this Sequoia has problems!! What about any exhaust smell in your cabin??
  • No exhaust smells or anything else..just the heated seats seem a bit strange. The dealer had it for two hrs and used some type of temp gauge for the seats but said that it was inconclusive, so now wants it for another couple of hrs to take the seat out and check wiring? Speaking of rocket science, shouldn't they either work or not?
  • Please let me know what the outcome is. My local Toyota dealership is not worth a turd! They can never "replicate" any of my concerns, tell me it is just my imagination. I have had friends with enginerring degrees support my claims, but I am still "hallucinating?"
  • My wife has a 2006 SR5 2wd 27k miles. The sulfur/ammonia smell became noticeable when we drove with the back window down. It was very strong and can make you queazy. We took it into the dealer this week along with a Technical Service Bulletin #Service Bulletin Num : 01306 and NHTSA Item Number: 10021714. This states excessive sulfur odor. Long story, short: It was covered by the warranty, they are having to install a new exhaust all the way up to the manifold including the catalytic converter. I was told by Yota that the parts alone are about $2700.00. You can notice it when parked also if the wind is blowing right. The service rep told me it had something to do with sensors that are now made into the exhaust system and are malfunctioning somehow.
    Hope this gives some help.
  • A reporter seeks consumers who drive large SUVs. Please send your daytime contact information to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, December 14, 2007.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Thanks, I plan to take mine back to dealer this week and will be armed with all the comments from this site and NHTSA, appreciate the heads up!
  • For past year this suv will all sudden experience loss of power when driving down the interstate. Although you haven''t removed your foot from the accelerator pedal the engine seems to think you have. It starts slowing down for no reason. Sometimes at a stop sign I've noticed you have to push farther down on the accelerator pedal than normal to get it to go. Dealership says it's not throwing a bad code so they can't find anything wrong. Had throttle body cleaned but still doing the loss of power thing. If I recall back about year ago when problem first started the VSC light came on for while but went off. This is very annoying and kind of a safety issue to us. Can anyone tell me how to get this fixed? thanks