Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe

Comments

• mfullmer, sorry, I'm not trying to kindle an argument here. I'm just puzzled why you bought the Tahoe after your comment. I guess the answer is looks, loyalty and a hatred of Ford?
  • My question is why the hole in the pop up? Seem to me a solid wind breaker would create less wind noise and block incoming objects.
    Also what the real deal how do you guys get a new Tahoe for 28k we research and look all over so/cal and never got that price. I purchase LS with 17" tires sunroof and six cd bose and it sure was more than that I even walk out two dealership just to get the deal I felt was fair. Are you including rebate and before tax and fees when you say 28k? I am just not sure if we over paid that badly or you got a super bargain.
  • jay_24jay_24 Posts: 536
    A base LS Tahoe (2WD) is 30K invoice. There is a 3K rebate. So depending on what you add 28K is reachable.

A 4x4 model is 32.5 invoice.
    add $700 for the 5.3
    add $500 for the third row
    add $1000 for the sun roof
    add $260 for trailer package
    add... add... add...

--Jay
  • pmannymopmannymo Posts: 21
    On 03 models, are there turn signals in the side mirrors? Also, anyone have a pic of truck with the carbon metallic?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
  • ezraponezrapon Posts: 348
    I have turn signals in my 03. Perhaps though, it is an option. Most options are on the Denali, so it may or may not be on the LS Tahoe.
  • gmfan007gmfan007 Posts: 77
    Signal mirrors were standard on our factory ordered '03 Yukon SLT in December 2002. Ours is Indigo Blue metallic.
  • I recently noticed that when spinning the front tires on my 2002 Tahoe 2WD while on jack stands, I noticed a slight clicking type noise that I beleive is coming from the wheel hubs. It sounds like little pebbles are inside. I figured the bearings inside the hub were going. The truck has 46,000 miles on it. It does this on both sides. However, when driving the vehicle, there is no indication of a problem. It still rides as smooth as the day we bought it new. Could it be the ABS sensors? Anyone else have this problem. Any suggestions? Thanks for any advice.
  • ezraponezrapon Posts: 348
    Anyone with the rear mounted sub (01-02) know how it's mounted? My 03 has it in the front, but I was thinking about adding a second (better) one in the rear. It looks like the enclosure is still there. Even a plastic 10" cut out panel is still there. Is it mounted in a factory wooden enclosure or is it mounted right in the flimsy plastic panel? I'd like to put one back there and an amp for it and the tweeters in the rear hatch. Anyone else try any stereo up grades out there? I heard its hard to add components to the Bose system because of amps built into the speakers and ohm mis-matches.
  • jimmydjimmyd Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Tahoe in which the front passenger door will not open. I think the linkage is broke. Window works, but the interior door lock/unlock button doesn't engage. It seems to be permenantly locked. I cannot remove the interior door panel with the door closed and haven't had any luck with a slim jim. Any suggestions???
  • owens1owens1 Posts: 3
    I own a 1999 GMC Yukon. I was told that before a wheel alignment can be done there would have to be a camber kit installed. Is this so?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    the knockouts have to be removed and not a camber kit installed.
  • davids1davids1 Posts: 411
    I must ask, what are the knockouts???
    Back in April of 2000 (truck was still under warranty) tires had excessive wear. The dealer then removed frame knock outs and aligned frt end complete, castor,camber and toe in.. then on March 2004 I asked to check alignment again and was told a camber kit had to be installed for alignment/suspension and again on invoice the frame knock outs remove to adjust castor and camber, but it is no longer under warranty and was charged for this service. does this have to be done each time. what recourse do i have. I feel because I'm a female I've been taken advantage of!!!
  • jlflemmonsjlflemmons Posts: 2,240
    are a one-time thing. I believe it is time for you to have a serious talk with the service and or general manager. Sounds like ticket padding going on.
  • jonnyb1jonnyb1 Posts: 32
    and the dealer wanted to charge $750 including a valve job. Everything else was per the sched maintenance list. I had Jiffy Lube do all of it except the transmission fluid change for $130.

So the rule is, Dealers are pretty much only good for warranty fixes and major work, maintenance etc should be done somewhere else.

You can get a list of all the scheduled items....
  • mitzijmitzij Posts: 612
    knockout: how much were you charged for the alignment? They may have a computer system that puts the story lines in automatically, the service writer may have entered 'message number 345' that says knockouts were knocked out, whether or not they actually were.

jonnyb: DANG! That's a lot of money for a 30k service. All you should need is oil change, maybe tire rotation, fuel filter, and maybe-maybe-flush transmission and coolant. That's why you should not ask for a package deal. Request your services specifically, it'll save money every time.
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,231
    it's amazing what they charge for "inspections". Of course if a valve adjustment is a part of their normal service.....

I think I paid $50 for a fuel filter replacement. I'm coming up on 30k miles, not sure what I'm going to have them do yet. Maybe nothing.
  • jlflemmonsjlflemmons Posts: 2,240
    Uh, boys and girls, you don't need a valve job at 30K unless something is really broken bad. And the valves are not adjustable. They are hydraulic.
    I take my '00 Silverado and '02 Denali there for alignments. The Silverado had the knockouts removed at the dealership due to uneven tire wear and the need for an alignment. My friend removed the knockouts for the Denali when I installed new aftermarket rims which is recommended to have the alignment at least checked and in my case adjusted.

I assure you the knockouts are done once as jlflemmons stated above. Once and only once. In all the years that I've participated at Edmunds, I have never heard of a camber kit being installed on these trucks. Camber kits are installed only when there is not enough adjustment available to bring it within specs. With a stock setup (rims, tires, suspension) there should never be a reason to install a camber kit.
  • jimmydjimmyd Posts: 2
    Regarding Post#4500 on the Tahoe door that won't open. The local locksmith says there is nothing he can do to open it. He suggested I take the Tahoe to a body shop to cut the door off. The dealer looked at it real quick and said to set up an appointment. They would remove the front passenger seat and then try getting the door panel off, hopefully with minimal damage. ( a half days work to just see what the problem is.)Has this happened to any one??? Any suggestions???
    waht recourse and restitution would I have. Should I contact the better business?
    If it was the same dealer that removed your knockouts and billed you twice for the same service, I'd first give the GM of the dealership the benefit of the doubt by sending him both copies and asking for a refund on the second. At the same time, you could also question the GM as to the reason why a camber kit have to be installed to perform an alignment and if one had actually been installed. If you're not satisfied with their response, the BBB is a good place to start to seek compensation.

The BBB have a website where you can file a complaint online with the BBB office for your city, state. Good luck and I'd steer clear of this dealership in the future cause they may have to remove them knockouts again on a future visit. ;-)
  • ldbrickerldbricker Posts: 140
    And if so, were you able to start reading here without having to read through the entire thing? When I hit read subscriptions I keep getting directed to pages in the 40's and 50's. I'm hoping that by posting it may figure out this is where I want to be in the thread. If not, and absent of other suggestions, I'll just unsubscribe I guess.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,128
    One thing you can do is click on the Message Center. At the end of the list of discussions you subscribe to, there is a Catch Up button. Click that and it'll get you current.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• liquidlabliquidlab Posts: 23
    We just bought a top of the line 2004 Yukon for my wife and compared to my 2001 Yukon XL, the folowing items are missing/deleted:

1/ Underhood lamp
    2/ Underdash lights (2)
    3/ Glovebox light
    4/ Rear doors lights (2)
    5/ Rubber sealing trim in engine bay (2)
    6/ Lockable console top
    7/ Adjustement for sunvisor lights (2)
    8/ Extra sunvisors (2)
    9/ Key on passenger side door
    10/Cargo bay door lock switch
    11/Rubber pads on roof for roof rack (4)
    12/Lower grade carpet

.........and on the 2004 8.1 liter engine hp is down 20 and torque 15!!!!!!!!!.

My 2001 8.1 3/4 ton is looking better everyday and the only thing that i really like about the 2004, the XM radio,can be added.

Smart marketing GM.

Luc.
  • gmfan007gmfan007 Posts: 77
    I agree. It is as if they want to move backward instead of forward with innovations. And some items are standard one year, then optional the next, ie: side air bags. They should at least put these items you listed above in an extra cost option group. Maybe the '05s will have a 10 gal. gas tank. Are all companies doing this?? I guess they are trying to cut costs, but the base price of the vehicle goes up every year anyway. Bottom line: Pay more, get less. I think it is called inflation.
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,231
    It's called trying to ride the SUV wave as long as possible. I'm sure they're suspicious as to how long they can continue to support their profits with these rather profitable vehicles. Plus if they can cut features, raise msrp, and keep the incentives strong, a lot of folks won't notice they're not getting as much. I priced an '04 with the same options as my '02 (but still lacking a lot of basic features that have disappeared). The MSRP is about $2500 higher and an invoice deal less incentives puts you about $1500 more than I paid for mine. And the new one is missing all the features mentioned above. But hey, they're discounting them $8,000, I better buy a new one while the gettins good, duh huh!
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    Gotta pay for the rebates somehow. :( It's happening with all Manufacturers.
  • liquidlabliquidlab Posts: 23
    I will not mind paying an extra couple hundreds S to get all the deleted features.

MSRP on the Yukon was $ 47,740.00

I paid $ 36,555.00

Dealer selling price $43,555.00
    Manufacturer rebate - $ 3,000.00
    Man cash back -$ 1,000.00
    Man to dealer rebate -$ 1,000.00
    GM card -$ 2,000.00
                          ----------
    Net(before tx,etc) $36,555.00

So all together it's $11,185.00 off MSRP

Pretty good,especialy since the MSRP already included a $2,000.00 Package discount (Safe,Sun and entertainement)
    Basically, you get the DVD,sun roof,side air bags,stabilitrack for less than $1,500.00
  • dardson1dardson1 Posts: 696
    I agree completely with both your posts. When you consider the MSRP on these trucks, you gotta think GM is cheap. When you look at the discounts, rebates, the GMCard money (which anyone who buys these vehicles should use religiously), and the real-world out-the-door price of the cars. . .it's easy to forgive GM for pinching pennies. These cars are a bargain with or without the stuff they slashed from the standard equipment list. love my Tahoe