Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe

Comments

• spudrcrspudrcr Posts: 3
    I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe 4WD that i installed a Airlift 1000 kit, everything is hooked up, but i need to run the wires from inside to the rear. I've read just going thru the Firewall is the best, but i cannot see where it might be easy to punch a hole thru. Has anyone done this with a 2001 or have any suggestions?

Thanks.
  • jlflemmonsjlflemmons Posts: 2,240
    There is a rubber grommet behind the glove box where other wires come through. I used this location when running wires on a 2000 model. Look under the hood on the passengers side about midway between the engine and the fenderwell. Another good choice is to check where the antenae lead comes through.

Jim
  • tahoe3tahoe3 Posts: 1
    First want to say Hi,I have a 2001 tahoe 47,000 miles i have own it 4 mts have a vibration changed tirerod end wheel calaper front rotors tires 16 to 20" back to 16" dealers cant find anything wronge keeps saying tires are bad cant be .please help,had front end aliment 3 times.
  • frankf3frankf3 Posts: 96
    Well, I think we have the Cold Air on Windshield defrost problem solved. Won't know for sure until winter time. I found 2 TSB's that deals with "Loss of HVAC System Mode AND/OR Temperature Control" number 01-01-39-007. This is for '99-2002 Chevy + GMC C/K P/U models(silverado & sierra), '99-2002 Chevy + GMC C/K Utility models(Surburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL, Denali), 2001 GMC Sierra C3, 2002 GMC Sierra Denali, 2002 Cadillac Escalade. In a nutshell, this can be caused by a misrouted wiring harness that connects to the temperature controller. If the harness is routed BELOW the air distributor duct, the wires will be too tight causing either poor teminal contact or contacts to be pulled out of the connector. If the harness is routed correctly and there is still a problem OR a problem still exists after rerouting the harness, TSB 04-01-39-007 deals with "Loss of HVAC System Mode AND/OR Temperature Control" is suggested to be tried next after 01-01-39-007. In this TSB (which covers the same models) the control logic on the HVAC control module may "lock-up". Replacement of the HVAC control module is recommended AFTER the wiring harness is checked for tightness. The dealer thought the divertor door to mix hot/cold air may have been sticking too so that was replaced also with the HVAC control module.
  • cclay6482cclay6482 Posts: 1
    I hope someone can help me out with this one...my 1999 Tahoe (5.7L) that I bought used has been having an intermittant problem ever since I bought it. Seems that after it sits for a while, which usually means overnight, it will not start at all, no matter how many times it's cranked over. If you leave the truck sit for 30-60 minutes, it will crank right up like nothing was ever wrong. I've changed out plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and cleaned the IAC valve. Fuel pressure at the shraeder valve looked good, 55-60 psi.

This morning, it did it again. However, I was in a position this time to try a couple of things out. First, I primed the truck at the TB, and sure enough, it would start and run temporarily on the prime. With the key on, I took the cap off of the schraeder valve on the fuel rail and depressed the stem and got nothing; no air or fuel coming out of the valve. Clearly this was not right, so I had my wife cycle the ignition key off and then back on while the stem was depressed. The fuel pump sprang to life and fuel started pouring out of the valve. I put the cap back on and the truck started fine. I don't think this is an ignition switch or electrical problem, as in trying to start the truck all the previous times I've cycled the switch on and off numerous times with no luck. It almost acted like it was air locked. This truck has 115,000 miles on it.

Anyone with previous experience on something like this?

Thanks!
    Next time it happens smack the bottom of the fuel tank with your hand or foot. Sounds like you may have a fuel pump going bad. It is mounted inside the fuel tank.

Fairly common problem. I had to replace one on a '96 at 30K miles, and on an '04 at 34K miles.
  • red55red55 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip....will test contacts and hope for the best.
  • airtahoeairtahoe Posts: 4
    Got my 07 Tahoe LTX On May 01st, came from the factory with extended trailor mirrors. The dealer agreed to change them but did not replace them with the LTZ factory coloured mirrors.I was told GM Canada parts could not get the factory mirrors. I believe this is BS and I'm hoping my fellow Tahoe owners can point me in the right direction to get the factory colored mirrors for my LTZ. GM keeps saying its all about service right?
    I need help from my Fellow Tahoe owners! I picked up my 07 Tahoe LTZ on May 01st and it came from the factory with the extened trailor mirrors. The dealer agreeded to change them but relaced them with the standard black mirrors. GM Canada claim that the color coded mirrors for the LTZ models are not avaliable. I can't beleive that getting a set of correct factory mirrors can be that difficult, but according to GM it is impossible! Looking for suggestions.
    Ask them what they would have done had your vehicle come in with the color coded mirrors, but one was broken. Your dealer is wrong, tell him to order them from the US if he cannot get them from Canada.

The only reason I can think of that he couldn't get the mirrors would be that the parts depot has not received the inventory of the mirrors. This can happen on a new model vehicle as all early production components go to the assembly line. Be aware also that when he does get the correct mirrors, they may be in primer and have to be painted to match your Tahoe. If his body shop is competent, this is no issue as paint matching has come far since the old days of "getting it close". I had an indigo blue GMC that got scraped down one side, and two years after the body shop repainted you still could not tell the new paint from the old. Very good match.
    Thanks for the Information, my preference would be to order them myself from the US. I forgot to mention that the dealer dinged my 1200 bucks to change them. I got to keep the extended ones though. I would be a little more understanding if GM Canada just gave me a delivery date.
    Thanks Again
  • blink3blink3 Posts: 74
    Hello, has anyone taken this unit out??? I was wondering if there was some sort of "audio input" that would let me plug in a MP3 Player into the stock GM Head unit?

Thanks!!!
  • Any update on how you handled this problem with the Tahoe
    losing power and the SES light coming on? My 99 Tahoe does
    the same thing, but only on steep hills. I saw the advice that perhaps it is the fuel pump. Did you resolve it?
    I have changed the fuel filter but that didn't help.
  • 73shark73shark Posts: 325
    I saw GM specific adapters at BestBuy for that very purpose. They were expensive however. $199 Another choice is the little device that plugs into the headphone jack of your MP3 player and broadcasts on an FM freq. that allows you to tune your radio to it. Lot cheaper. Good luck!
  • bpddaddybpddaddy Posts: 4
    bradstahoe, think I'm having the same problems you are but it's not consistent. When transmission is cold I get all the same symptoms you have. Anyone out there can let us know what's the problem?
  • tahoe007tahoe007 Posts: 4
    I had to replaced the transmission twice on 1997 Tahoe, why are there so many problems with Tahoe transmissions? Any info is appreciated, Thanks!
  • mm450excmm450exc Posts: 37
    Where did you get your transmission fixed?
  • We replaced the transmission in our 2002 Tahoe with 51k :surprise: . We had it replaced at the dealer we bought it from. We bought it used and took out extra insurance so it didn't cost much to have it replaced.
  • bernzbernz Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 2005 Tahoe model has a cabin air filter? Ours only has 24000 miles on it, I get behind a truck and I might as well have a vacuum hooked up: we seem to suck in fumes from outside the vehicle - any help on this would be great. We get mixed advice on whether or not this vehicle has a cabin filter.
  • I have a 99 chevy tahoe and I just had a new fuel pump,fuel filter and fuel pump relay fuse put in. The problem I am having is the fuel pump won't shut off. When I crank it up the fuel pump comes on, but won't turn off. It is causing it to flood out. Then it won't stay crunk because it is flooded out. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cry:
  • tank2583tank2583 Posts: 2
    i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it was possible to listen to the radio and watch a dvd with headphones at the same time if you could tell me how this is done i would appricate it thanks
  • tank2583tank2583 Posts: 2
    try a steering stabalizer or new one if it has one
  • 99 tahoe has too much pedal travel before braking .hacechanged all brakes and master cyl. and bled brakes in proper sequence.could there be a problem with abs hyd unit?is so,what?
  • siuesiue Posts: 2
    This is an old post, but has anyone had this problem as well? I replaced the worn out tensioner arm (it was totally sprung) after I was breaking a/c belts every 3 months or so. I just made the repair so I don't know if this really fixed the problem, but it is still making the same noise. Has anyone dealt with this?
  • :sick: I have a 1998 GMC Yukon with the standard AM/FM Cassette stereo and slave CD changer located lower on the dash. When I start the radio, you sometimes hear the programming but very briefly. Then it goes silent and you hear a crack. Almost like an electrical short. Some days the radio is fine. I know it works ok and I just put two new speakers in the rear passenger doors.

I'm not sure if it's a fuse or something in the head unit itself.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for?

Thanks
    James
  • I have a 1998 Yukon with a shorting radio (post 5993) and I was wondering if it is an electrical short. How did you narrow it down to that exact spot and do you have advice for me on how to find the short?

Thanks
    James
  • Hi there

How do you check if a speaker is grounding out?

Thanks
    James
  • ickusickus Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Tahoe and have the same noise. The first mechanic replaced the rear shocks. Now I am taking it back next Monday to have a steering rod :confuse: ?? replaced. (I have a friend in the parts dept. who said another mechanic told him he has already replaced this part before for the same issue) I'll let you know what happens next week!
  • rockman59rockman59 Posts: 250
    Blink3 said: If you don't tow, you don't need the higher ratio axle. I'm not sure how you can tell without the original sticker.
    Take your VIN number to your dealer and they can print out every RPO number on your vehicle and tell you what it is for...rear axle ratios, paint colors, seats, engine, sound system, every option, standard features, whatever. It's all in that big GM computer just waiting to be accessed.
  • mm450excmm450exc Posts: 37
    I got water coming in on the left (driver side) rear corner of the car next to the lift gate. It runs down the plastic cover next to the rear window where the speaker is. When it rains heavy I got this leak. Was unable so far to reproduce or find the leak. Anybody else have/had this problem.