Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe

Comments

• ndmdndmd Posts: 27
    Hi. I know very little about Tahoes, but use Edmunds for research on my vehicles often. My neighbor has a Tahoe and has a problem with a bad front end shimmy or shake. She was told by her dealer/service dept that it is a known problem with the "drive train". They said that the standard method of fixing this is to do nothing until 30K miles , and then replace the whole thing. This sounds crazy to me. Any thoughts?
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    I live in metro aATL and purchased my wife's Tahoe at Bill Heard Town center. I have been very happy with Bill Heard, especially their Service Department. Bill Heard has many dealers throughout ATL. I currently use their Buford location for service. Good luck.
  • mfullmermfullmer Posts: 819
    I purchased my '03 at Jim Ellis in Atlanta (Chamblee actually). Great experience. Emailed for a couple of days, went in on Saturday and the let me have it for a few hours, came back and worked up the deal I had emailed him from my home. Very easy going and good service department also.

Bad experience - Went by Cobb Pkwy Chevrolet in Smyrna on Wednesday to look at a Malibu Maxx to replace my other daily driver/commuter vehicle. I only went there because my office is by there. After driving the Maxx I asked if I could take one on a 24 hr to make sure. They sleazy guy started working up a financing sheet after I repeatedly told him I was paying cash and had done these before with only a rental agreement being filled out. He finally got so sleazy I walked out in disgust. This was after he had already taken the keys to my Tahoe to keep while I had the car.

Now, I've taken the Hummer, a 9-3 Convertible, and the Tahoe on 24hr test drives since its inception, at no time did they require to hold my keys (My family used to own GM dealerships and my GMAC experience is extensive.) and here a Chevy place wants to hold my $46k car keys on a $26k car. Give me a break!
  • Ladies and Gentlemen,
    After extensive research I was able to get the snap/popping type noise issue fixed on my 2004 Tahoe LT (2WD). A GM repair representative was able to find a GM service bulletin to fix the problem. I took the full printout of the bulletin to my local GM service shop and they followed the repair instructions. In a half hour, I was back to driving with no snap/popping noise coming from the front of the vehicle.

The condition was most apparent during hard left or right turns at low speeds. I have the bulletin available in a .pdf format for anyone who would need it. Your GM service representative might not be able to find the bulletin but once the repair works, I'm sure they will keep it.
  • Looking for advise on what might be wrong with my autoride system on my 01 Tahoe. I have noticed that the airsystem is not regulating when the truck is started. Has anyone had this issue?
  • lobsenzalobsenza Posts: 619
    Sounds like the level sensor might be bad. Does it ever turn on like when you have a heavy load?
  • eddydbeddydb Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Tahoe and have only encountered one problem. When driving on a clear comfortable day, the inside of my Tahoe seems to get very warm. The engine is cool it’s just the interior that seems to warm compared to the outside temp. I find myself driving with the a/c on at all times. For example, today is a clear cool day here at about 67 degrees, but from inside my vehicle you would think it was high 90s outside. Has anybody else noticed this? Or is it just me?
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Uh, no to ask a dumb question, but is your Tahoe a dark color? That might be the problem, because even if it's not really hot, the sun still bakes it. Also, as I've noticed on both our old Avalanche and new Suburban is that the non-tinted front windows allow a ton of sunlight and heat in to cook the front area while driving--even overpowering the AC sometimes. And this is with a white truck, mind you.
  • eddydbeddydb Posts: 2
    Thx for the reply. Yes, my Tahoe is Black. I used to have a black ford expedition before this one and the heat was never an issue. I was thinking of tinting the front windows......
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Well, there's your answer. We used to have a black Avalanche and that thing could sure heat up, but our new white Suburban stays pretty cool and reflects the sun well. Having a dark interior doesn't help much either when it comes to heat. I'd love to have every window (except the windshield) tinted, but here in DE, it's illegal to put any kind of tint whatsoever on front windows--only rears are allowed and only to a certain degree.
  • sleubasleuba Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2004 4WD LT. Anyone buy the GM extended warranty and what price they paid. I was quoted $1250 for 5 yr/75,000 mile plan with zero deductable. Thanks.
  • gmcyfangmcyfan Posts: 3
    I am also having the same problem on my 2004 GMC Yukon especially when making a hard left turn. The vehicle will be going to the shop this Friday. Can you post the bulletin or e-mail it to me ?
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    My Wife has a 2002 Tahoe. We purchased an extended warranty with the same terms as yours and we paid $1,075. BTW: We are VERY glad we bought the ext warranty...
  • Sure thing gmcyfan,

Just place your email address in your "Town Hall Profile" and I'll send it to you.

I would have posted the bulletin on the thread but I thought the legitamacy of a service bulletin without the “ASE logo” and “GM Copyright” would be questioned.
  • btorlvbtorlv Posts: 16
    Hi I would like to get that same Info on the steering noise. Mine does the same thing, thank you . There is also another issue with steering noise that requires the steering shaft to be re lubed.
  • gmcyfangmcyfan Posts: 3
    Researcher,

My e-mail address is now posted in my "town hall profile"
  • btorlvbtorlv Posts: 16
    Can you e mail me @ btorlv@yahoo.com cant seem to get into the profile section to find your e mail address thanks
  • 03tahoe03tahoe Posts: 83
    I don`t need the Bulletin - just post the Bulletin Number Please.
  • dardson1dardson1 Posts: 696
    I've lately noticed my '04 has a distinct shutter/vibration sitting at a stop-light. Goes away if I turn off the AC button. Any thoughts? This is a deal breaker for me in a $38k vehicle. Reminds me of the old 4bangers I drove that didn't have the power to pull the compressor. Maybe someone can tell me there's a TSB on a bad pully or AC compressor.
  • 04redtahoe04redtahoe Posts: 17
    How can it be a 'deal breaker' if you already own the vehicle? The deal is done. As for the shudder, I sometimes get it as well but I attribute it to the V8. It's running fine, no problems, 8000 miles on it. Great vehicle.