Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe

Comments

• ewoodallewoodall Posts: 1
    I have a 95 Tahoe. I just noticed the brake lights and flashers don't work. Turn signals seem just fine. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for any help.

ewoodall
  • piercemanpierceman Posts: 47
    I traded in my Tahoe and picked up a 2005 Yukon SLT today
    after much researching and debate, my wife and I decided not to go with a Denali (we took a Denali XL home for a 24 hour test drive and decided on simpler and shorter)
    Well, Long story short, when it came to pricing , the salesman said the GM employee price was $42,815. I did say that from my research (But from memory) that seemed high
    He showed me some paperwork showing the $42,815 as the price
    We made the deal
    when i got home and checked the GMC web site, when i pull up my actual car, at thier dealership, (VIN matching) it shows $39,815 as the GM Employee price ($3000 difference!)
    I'm so mad I can't even sleep, (especially when every other tv commercial is touting "you pay what the employees pay, not a cent more!!)
    And, This salesman did it TWICE! My sister bought the identical truck the same day, same salesman
    In my situation, coincedently, I put down $3,000 (in addition to my trade in) I'm going to put a stop on the check and go monday morning to discuss
    Any thoughts on this and how to aproach it. Do I have a leg to stand on?
    I have the printouts showing my car (VIN) and the employee price
    (BTW, no dealer added options or such)
    Signed
    Furious Rich
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    Updates?

I would doubt the dealer would rebate the difference to you. Since you already signed the contract, the money is, unfortunately, theirs. Good luck!
  • skamanskaman Posts: 1
    While driving on streets in 2-Hi, my Tahoe once in a while has shifted by itself into 4-Lo.
    After that it will not shift into any other gear. I've had to pull over, turn it off, then start it up, hoping that it has reset itself. Sometimes it takes a minute, sometimes longer. Has anyone else had this problem? The dealer checked it out and could not duplicate it and therefore, did not go further than erasing the codes and installing the latest software. This is a potentially dangerous situation I think they should take more seriously. Any thoughts?
    :) Yeah, I returned to the dealer, and thankfully I didn't lose my cool and make a fool of myself
    Turns out I was wrong,
    The rebate was taken off , and I was only looking at the price before rebate. Feel pretty stupid, but fell better that I wasn't taken.

BTW< I love my new Yukon. Got and SLT with Autoride and 2nd row buckets
    Love it

Rich
  • tctahoe12tctahoe12 Posts: 1
    My 02 Tahoe has had this squeaking problem ever since I have own it. At low speeds, under 25, I get this constant squeaking, sounding like styrofoam rubbing together, under the steering column somewhere. It is a very, very annoying and loud sound. I have had it serviced 3 times by my dealer. It seems to happen every spring when the weather warms up. My dealer has replaced steering sensors, moved cables, and applied "liberal amounts of lube". It seems to fix the problem for awhile, but then here comes the warm weather again and now I'm hearing the squeaking. I am really upset with my dealer. I dont think when I bought the car they said, well ever year you'll have to bring it in to get rid of the squeak. Is anyone else ever had this problem. I have to turn up the radio loud just so I dont hear the squeak. Thanks
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    Glad it worked out. I was pretty bummed when I discovered the GMS price already has the rebate included. Had to stop and re-think and haven't bought yet. :(
  • Here's the deal - last week, I went to start my Tahoe and the battery was dead - the interior light was left on. Since it was early in the morning and I was stuck in my driveway, I walked to AutoZone to get a battery pack. It seemed to work well enough. Well, last night the light was left on again and again, I woke up to a dead battery. Only this time, it wouldn't jump with the pack or another car. I replaced the battery and it worked fine. I just went to leave and the damn thing started clicking when I tried to start it. I tried a couple more times and on my last try I held the key in place until it finally gave up and decided to start. Is the problem with my starter? I don't think it is the alternator because I have been driving since the battery was replaced and it hasn't lost charge. Please help - I am about to roll this thing off a cliff.
  • arriearrie Posts: 312
    Well, take your Tahoe to that AutoZone and have them run the alternator test. At this point I assume the new battery is good.

You might very well have a starter / solenoid problem but as you mentioned that it started clicking you might have something else wrong. Many cars have this symptom when you try to start when battery is low. The starter makes clicking noise but does not turn the engine. This happening with a new battery very likely would mean your alternator is bad, i.e. if your new battery goes low in charge your alternator is not re-charging it and could even be draining it if there is a short to ground.

So, have your alternator tested, it is a free service at AutoZone. If it is OK the thing left is the starter to work on, unless you have something else in your Tahoe draining the battery while it sits on your drive way.

And don't roll it, it probably is something simple to fix...

Arrie
  • chevy4mechevy4me Posts: 203
    I was wondering if the 05 Tahoe1500 is involved with the hydroboost tsb
  • Before I take it to AutoZone I want to see what you think about this. When I mentioned the car was clicking, I should have said that it would click once, then nothing. I did this a couple times and one the last try, held the key in place until it just rolled over...sound strange??
  • jtvjtv Posts: 1
    Hi-
    New here, so thanks to all and bare with me. We are looking into buying a tahoe we like the nav system, but we were told 2 conflicting things.
    1. No cd-changer w/ nav system & no listening to CD while using nav system
    2. Nav cd can be download to car and you can take nav cd out and listen to music cd while using the nav system???
    Does anyone know the for sure answer on this, or where I can find out?
    thanks
    Jen
    We just picked up a Yukon and had a similiar dilema
    We were originally looking at a Denali and they came with both the nav and 6 CD changer, but the Yukon had one or the other, not both
    We ended up with a fully loaded Yukon (sans Navigation) and bought a Garmin C330 navigation unit for $699 from Amazon, and its portable too!!
    I used this system this weekend and I have to say I was quite impressed at the high level of graphics and ease of use. Best of all, I can use it in my other car, and I dont have to give it back when I sell the Truck

(One more note: we took a Denali home for a 24 hour test drive and one thing we didn't like was how bright the navigation /radio system screen was in the car at night. I'm sure this is adjustable but it was an annoyance. I did however like the large touch screen for the radio. And witrh XM, it displays a lot of info about what you are listening too)

Rich
  • grampamacgrampamac Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm getting 14 mpg around town on my 05 tahoe with 5.3 eng, 373 rear and 265 70 R 16 tires. Is this what they all get?
  • grampamacgrampamac Posts: 5
    I'm showing 14 MPG. Sound about adverage for a 2005 2wd Tahoe with 3:73 gears and 5.3 eng around town on 265 70 R 16 tires?
  • jay_24jay_24 Posts: 536
    We typically get 14 to 15 around town and 18 to almost 20 on the highway.
    2003 4wd Tahoe with the 5.3 engine.
  • geofiveogeofiveo Posts: 1
    I need help. I have been trying to drain my Tahoe's transmission fluid with no success of removing the plug. It measure 9/16s with a crescent wrench but is a hair bigger. What do I need to remove this bad boy? The dealer said there is no special socket but something is up. 14mm and 15 mm are just not right. Anyone have any insight? Thanks
  • khousekhouse Posts: 8
    Found a extremely clean 99 4x4 fully loaded with the 5.7 V8. It has only 57,000 miles. I was wondering how this year compares to the newer models as far as reliability and real world gas mileage. Does anyone know if this model has had problems are have they been good vehicles. I found this vehicle for a buddy of mine who wanted a late model but now seems to be hesitant to buy, thanks he might find a better deal. I doubt that... since this Tahoe seems to be in excellent condition inside and out. The salesman says he could let it go for around $13,000. Does this sound like a good deal. The motor is a 5.7 is it a gas guzzler?
  • dardson1dardson1 Posts: 696
    I have a habit of checking MPG almost every tank (since I can remember). I know that's a little O/C, but my dear, departed Dad taught me to measure a car by how fast it would go +/- points for MPG. I had an 02 LS 2wd with the 5.3 and the 3.73 axle. I got a respectable mid to high 14's around town (driving conservatively) which ain't bad for a big SUV. My 98 Expedition was closer to 11-12 and my x-2001 Toyota Sienna averaged 16ish (never mind the 19 MPG the sticker promised . . . the darn thing weighed in about 10% less than my Tahoe). I traded my 02 Tahoe for an 04 with a few more bells and whistles. The 04 has the 3.23 axle. I consistently get mid 15's and 16's from time to time. I wonder if it isn't the slower axle that bumps my MPG by another mile per gallon. I'm not sure what you get with the $100 axle upgrade. My 5.3 LS with the standard axle does a fine job of moving this big truck along plenty quick. love my Tahoe.
  • dardson1dardson1 Posts: 696
    I have a habit of checking MPG almost every tank (since I can remember). I know that's a little O/C, but my dear, departed Dad taught me to measure a car by how fast it would go +/- points for MPG. I had an 02 LS 2wd with the 5.3 and the 3.73 axle. I got a respectable mid to high 14's around town (driving conservatively) which ain't bad for a big SUV. My 98 Expedition was closer to 11-12 and my x-2001 Toyota Sienna averaged 16ish (never mind the 19 MPG the sticker promised . . . the darn thing weighed in about 10% less than my Tahoe). I traded my 02 Tahoe for an 04 with a few more bells and whistles. The 04 has the 3.23 axle. I consistently get mid 15's and 16's from time to time. I wonder if it isn't the slower axle that bumps my MPG by another mile per gallon. I'm not sure what you get with the $100 axle upgrade. My 5.3 LS with the standard axle does a fine job of moving this big truck along plenty quick. love my Tahoe.