Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Elantra Speedometer / Odometer

12346»

Comments

• Did you ever get that letter online??
  • techguy378techguy378 Posts: 1
    I recently bought an used late model 2007 Hyundai Elantra car on May 18, 2008. The car only had 24,677 miles when I bought it. My speedometer is off by 6mph. I had the cruise control set for 54mph (I was in a 55mph speed zone) and was actually traveling at 48mph. I only found out about this because a cop pulled me over for going too slow. Luckily I didn't get a ticket, just a warning. I haven't had a chance to contact the dealer yet as I just found out about the problem. Unfortunately my car's VIN# is not included in TSB 07-90-010-1 for the reprogramming of the ECU. :mad:
  • vikingsonevikingsone Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I owned a 2009 Elantra I noticed the speedometer and the odometer were off within the first few months of owning it. Speedometer was 4 miles faster than I was going and the odometer was recording mileage at a rate of 20% more than actually traveled. This is great for Hyundai their warranty expires 20K miles before it's supposed to. When I took it in to the dealer they said it was within Hyundai specifications. I recently just traded this in on a 2010 Elantra, the first thing I checked was the speedometer and again it was 4 miles too fast according to the cops radar gun. But something different on the odometer, it was recording at a much lower rate than distanced traveled approximately 25%. So my warranty on this vehicle will be much longer. So I guess it works out in the long run if you keep buying Hyundai's. But a much deeper concern is for Hyundai's quality control program. Other that this I have not had a problem with either one of the cars.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,686
    I don't know how far back in this discussion you've read, but I recommend going through it from the start. You might find some useful stuff, e.g. here's a post about a service bulletin re ECU reprogramming for the speedometer for 2007 Elantras:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1234a6/144#MSG144
12346»
This discussion has been closed.