Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Rodeo

Comments

• amigo_johnamigo_john Member Posts: 107
    a set of Firestone Indy 500's for my Amigo. The wet handling is much better than the stock Wrangler AP's and they were buy three (@ $89 each) get one free, so they were about $67 each. They are a truck tire, although "Indy 500" sounds like a racing tire.
  • buck380buck380 Member Posts: 10
    Boris, mine came with the smaller 235/75-15's. In my size, the Revo's are $114 each, the Michelin Cross Terrains 139. I have a friend who has the Cross Terrains on his Acura, and he highly recommends them. However, I'm kind of drawn to the aggressive tread on the Revos. Plus, the Revos rate the highest for all-terrain at tirerack.com. Still, I have yet to look at a Fortera, which should run around $105, so we'll see. Here's a link to check out: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/orat.jsp
    Amigo_john--doesn't look as though any such animal is available in my size.
    --Buck
    a set of Firestone Indy 500's for my Amigo. The wet handling is much better than the stock Wrangler AP's and they were buy three (@ $89 each) get one free, so they were about $67 each. They are a truck tire, although "Indy 500" sounds like a racing tire.
  • r0de099r0de099 Member Posts: 35
    I bought a 99 rodeo ls 7 months ago with 54,000 miles on it.How long before the car will need a tune up? and what the tune up can do for a car?Im not good in cars dont know anything about maintenance.
  • boltzmanboltzman Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, For the last couple of months I have been noticing that my 99 Rodeo's engine rpm is greater than before - at the same speeds. So, for e.g. it will go to 2800 at 75mph. I drove my friend's Rodeo and noted that it was 2500 at 75mph. I also notice clunking and a jolt when I put it into drive initially. Up-shifting also seems delayed. So I had the transmission fluid flushed and changed, and had it checked by the dealership (cost me $320) - to no avail. The problems still exist. They told me that it was showing a P0705 trouble code and that I should change the mode switch "and then go from there". This would cost me another $300 - but with no guarantees to fix the problem. So I decided to do some research before spending the extra $300. Can anybody think of why the transmission range/mode switch would be causing the transmission from slipping and clunking sounds when shifting to drive? I find that connection unconvincing.

regards
  • troop2shostroop2shos Member Posts: 235
    I bought 4 255/70-16 Revo's for my '00 Troop a few months ago from one of many Fstone dealers - less than $500 total - mounted & balanced with tax plus free balance / rotation & road hazard. Shop around & negotiate your best deal.
  • jtk152jtk152 Member Posts: 139
    boltzman- A faulty gear range switch /sensor will give you these symptoms & OBDII code. The range sensor is located on the left side of the tranny. It's connected to the shift arm that sticks out the side. P/N 8-96017-511-0. Your tranny will act up when these go bad because this sensor not only lights up the appropriate "PRND321" dash light, it also tells the PCM what gear has been selected. If the powertrain computer is not getting a clean signal from the range sensor, it will put the tranny in "failsafe" mode which yeilds hard & erratic shifts. It's only a few small bolts, a nut on the shift arm & an electrical plug to undo to get the range sensor out. I've heard that just taking it apart & cleaning the contacts can fix it. It's about a $150 dealer part. This range/mode sensor seems to be the most problematic part of the 4L30E tranny. At least it's on the outside of the case!! G/luck
    Joel
    Hey Bill troop2shos--
    So what do you think of those Revos? Good stuff?
    Buck
    So far, only 5,000 miles have been put on them but I've been impressed. Turn-in is very good & they are responsive to steering inputs; rain & dry pavement performance is excellent & they're smooth & quiet - especially with their agressive tread pattern. Max cold inflation pressure is 44 psi which I run them at 35 / 38, F/R. The tire compound seems to be very good & not hard yielding outstanding grip on the surfaces they've been run on so far. My AWA drives it most of the time since I have the SHO but I've been able to get it off the pavement when I go on fishing trips. I can report that the tires grip very well w/ no slippage pulling an incline in loose wet rock & no issues in the mud I've been in (nothing deep or real heavy) - except my wife noticed what didn't come off through the heavy rain on the drive back home - complained of Trooper abuse. No snow yet...but soon... :)
    I'm very critical when it comes to tires cause they're the only thing between you & the surface.
    I believe a few on the Trooper board run Revo's - you might ask for their opinions or do a search.
    Bill t2s, thanks for the reply. I wanted a real person review, and that's where you helped me out. From what I can tell from all my searching, the Revos are tops. I think I'll go with them. As you said, the only thing twixt you and/or the loved ones and the road is the tires; I want the best. Was hoping a Rodeo owner had them and could tell me how they translated to that particular vehicle as to handling and so forth, but no such luck so far. Guess I'll be the guinea pig and report my results in a future update. Intended usage: mostly city driving (Chicago), some hi-way, some extended trips (New Orleans, or wherever the fancy may strike), couple 1000-milers to da UP and back per year, occasional boat hauling; but mostly around town in typical midwestern weather, which is quite variable. One important thang was how they felt towing, and since you said you occasionally took them fishing and felt good on an incline, without complaining about the tow itself, I take that as a good sign the Revos felt comfortable during the tow. Thanks again...Buck
    I don't want to mislead in that I don't have a boat - stream fish for smallmouth & trout instead. I do pull a large pop-up but I haven't had it out in awhile. However, I pulled a loaded U-haul without a problem but this isn't the info you are looking for as far as boat ramp performance. I wouldn't expect a problem though. There is no comparison between the Revo's & the stock 684 Duelers I changed out at 36k & I'm glad I made the Revo purchase when I did.
  • raydahsraydahs Member Posts: 449
    Do a search on the Revo's, then you'll see the area of personal reviews. http://www.tirerack.com/
    Bill t2s--I'm less worried about boat ramp performance as to how the tires/vehicle feels during the actual tow. Don't like squirminess, if you know what I mean. If you pulled a loaded U-Haul with no problems, that pretty much fits into my parameters as my boat is not that heavy, maybe around 2000 lbs, 2500 tops. thanks for the input.
    Big Al D--I'm hip to tirerack, that's where I first got turned on to the Revos. Still, I wanted some input from Isuzu drivers. Just doing a little cross referencing. So what you driving on?
    On a general note, and you had better be quick as I am hot to trot to get me some new tires, if any of you out there in never-never land have a spare set of 16" Rodeo wheels to sell (to fit a '98), let me know ASAP. Gotta be in straight-up condition, reasonably priced.
    Buck
    Dueler AT693's, they didn't make the Revo's at the time I purchased them. However, I will definitely go for the Revo's next time. I've got 30K on them now and I'm probably only at 50% treadwear, but I also rotate them every 5k. I've used them in the snow in Oregon, and alot of So.Cal desert sand and rock, they're very good tires IMO....Go for it!
  • Boris2Boris2 Member Posts: 177
    I stoped by at Discount Tires today (and make couple of stops at other local dealers) and was told at every one of them that 255/70-16 are too wide for me. In other words I am stuck with 245 width unless I want to switch to 15" wheels... Don't think so!
    Anyways... This rulles out Scorpions as they are way overpriced in this size. The best price on Revo's that I was able to get is $124.99 (Costco and Peerless Tyre). Discount Tire charges around $150 but they are willing to match. He told me, though, that Revo's are on National backorder. Some of the local Bridgestone dealers still have them in stock but I am worring about replacement if I ever need it. He also offered Michelin LTX M/S and assured me that they are far better quality tires and are no match to Revo's. He also said that they perform great in the snow and mud. Well, while I tend to agree that Michelin's quality is probably superior than Bridgestone, I have my doubts about their snow performance. I've read some reviews at TireRack (and will read some more tomorrow) and everybody claims that they are built to last but suck in snow conditions. THey look like they are straight highway tires. Michelin Cross Terrain, on the other hand, will probably offer better grip but might be reaaalllyyy bumpy. Plus they cost more (unless I can dig out some sale or something).
    Well, I think this post is confusing enough... I guess what I wanted to find out if anybody tried LTX's and have any personal winter experience?
    The thing is that honestly, 80-90% of my driving is highway and city. However, I don't want to have any major problems in the snow and I'm willing to sacrifise some softness of the ride to peace of mind.
  • sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    Don't listen to them on the rim size. I have 265/70s on my stock trooper rims 16x8 I believe.

The cross terrains are more of a highway tire. Very smooth and quiet. I have them on my MDX. Very good handling and in the snow. I am sure the LTXs are a great tire. I have the regular Dueler A/T's on my trooper, and they were rated lower in snow performance than others. I have not had any issue and they have done great in all conditions.

80-90% highway with snow performance? The Cross terrains are probably your best bet.

The A/T 693s are good in all conditions, however they have been problematic. The A/T tread is rougher than regular H/T...they were hard to get balanced right...I even took them to a shop with a hunter 9000 and they said they couldn't use it on them because the A/T tread was too big.

Once I got them right however they have been good (but that was a painful process). Very good offroad, excellent wet in wet conditions, pretty quiet on the highway and they look cool.

http://community.webshots.com/album/62015461tiuuyV
    According to the charts, those 225's won't fit, assuming you have 8" wheels; 7 1/2 max for proper fit. 235's would be okay, but yeah, they're more. However, you could get some Bridgestone Duelers (non-Revo) for $75 or $87, Revos for $101, Pirellis for $90 or $104. All prices Tirerack, so more at your retailer, but that would include mounting. But don't forget the balancing, valves, disposal fees, etc. That stuff sure adds up. I just ordered a set of Revos in 235/75-15 thru Sears today as they had a 10% discount storewide going, so it was $427 for the tires. Still, after all is said and done, it's still $535 for the whole shebang, at least here in Chicago, what with disposal fees, environmental fees, high taxes and all. They said 3-5 business days for delivery. Local Firestone/Bridgestone had some in stock, but they were about $35 more, and the tires were already a year old (you can be sure I'll be checking the date on the tires from Sears). I wouldn't worry too much about availability in the future, as I'm sure Bridgestone is smart enough to concentrate on manufacturing Revos if they are getting that popular. My second pick was the Michelin Cross Terrain SUV, 3rd was a toss-up between Goodyear Fortera HL and Yokohama Geolander A/T Plus2. But the Revos won. I will be letting y'all know my impressions of them once I get a few miles, and pretty soon some winter driving, under my belt. Buck
  • collinjeremycollinjeremy Member Posts: 16
    Question: I am thinking of buying a 1996 Isuzu Rodeo with 65k miles on it. It is owned by a friend of mine and it is well maintained. Trouble is it is a 4 cyl auto trans and I'm a little concerned about how reliable this will be. Can anyone give me any tips about possible shortcomings of this vehicle? Potential maint issues? Other than a broken pass door mirror and tires that need to be replaced the vehicle is in pretty good condition.
  • df2000df2000 Member Posts: 60
    I have Michelin X Radial LT (it is BJ's wholesale club version of Michelin LTX) for 3 years or 40K mi on my 97 Rodeo and it is much-much better tire than Good year OEM.They was easy to balance and they still keep good balance and no vibration after 3 years. I still have about 6/32 of treat. They are pretty good in snow but they are no snow tire. I know I would be stack in snow couple times if no 4 wheel drive. They very low noise on highway and I think better for snow/light off road than Cross Terrain becouse they have more open treat design.They cost about $110 installed in 245/70R16 in BJ's but you have special order them. I would buy them again.
    There are a bunch of old Amigos out there with the same 2.6 4 cyl engine that have made it to 150k with few problems. Does the pup also have the same engine??? You see a bunch of those out there with 200k on them...
    collinjeremy- You hit on the main thing already. The rig was well maintained by your friend. The 2.3/2.6's may be a bit underpowered- depending on what you are used to, but they are good isuzu engine. The weakest link for them is the cylinder head. They can crack on you. Always keep the cooling system top knotch, change the oil regularly & you'll get a lot of miles out of it. The valvetrain will smash on you if the timing belt breaks, so you want to make sure you keep a good timing belt on them. The bottom ends on these engines are extremely tough & well built. The 4L30E auto tranny is a good unit as well. Just keep the ATF clean in it & that will last well over 150Kmi too.
    G/luck
    Joel
  • collinjeremycollinjeremy Member Posts: 16
    Actually, I just looked at and drove the vehicle and it is a V6 not a 4cyl. It still isn't overly powerful (compared to my '03 Maxima anyway) but it isn't a dog either. The vehicle has a few scratches and there are some rattles but it feels mechanically sound. I'm going to have a mechanic check it out next week.

This friend of mine is moving out of state and just wants to pay off what she owes on it so I can get it for $3800. It has some cosmetic damage (broken pass door mirror, some minor scratches on the paint and the interior is really in need of a good cleaning) it also has a poorly installed trailer hitch but I know it hasn't been used to tow anything really heavy on long distances or for long periods of time.

It also needs 4 tires but that I'm willing to accept.

We'll see what the mechanic says next week.
    df2000,
    Wear is not a major issue why I am looking to replace my stock Duelers. I still have about 6/32 left and the tires have 44K mi on them already. They've been very (I would even say impressively) good in all conditions for two years. I just noticed 3-4 months ago that they started squealing VERY badly on every turn no matter if I'm crawling or making a quick turn. They also lost their grip and hydroplane on wet roads and are extremely slick on snow. We just had first snow drizzle of the year and I got a chance to notice how slick they are.

I was kind of leaning toward the A/T tires but have been told by different sales people and seen it in various reviews that A/T tires are generally not too good on ice and snow. They are very good in deep snow, but otherwise not very impressive on regular "city snow." While I'm still considering them, I was also looking at Cross Terrain and LTXs. Michelin rates their Cross Terrain's higher in pretty much every single aspect then LTXs but even considering their "zigzag" thread pattern they still look kind of like bus tires with straight groves that go around the tire :-)
    Here's the link to Michelin's review and rating page: http://michelinman.com/catalog/index_5.html

I guess I'll call couple more places and will have to make up my mind relatively fast - the winter is starting here in Colorado.

Pricewise, here's what I can get:
    Revo - 123.99 + tax (installed)
    Dueler A/T - $103.99 + tax (installed)
    LTX M/S - $114.99 + tax (installed)
    Cross Terain - $124.99 + tax (installed)
  • df2000df2000 Member Posts: 60
    Boris2,
    Well, my OEM Goodyear Wrangler AP were the same as yours now, 6/32 treat left and tire was not good at all, "lost their grip and hydroplane on wet roads and are extremely slick on snow".
    The X Radial LT I have now still very good on dry and wet, no squealing at all. Well snow, we have to wait month or two.I keep 35psi in every tire,the ride is OK and wear is even.You posted good price for Cross Terrain, I usually see these in $145-150 range installed. But again by they treat pattern they clearly SUV highway tires. Oh by the way, BJ's have a coupon $12.50 per tire off any Michelin tire, valid for one week in mid November.
    The prices for tires are Costco prices. Local Discount tire offered to match them as well. All Michelin prices also reflect $60 off (for a set of 4) that Costco offers till November 2nd.
    You mentioned their is a nationwide backorder, and your concerned about replacements. I was walking through the parking lot at work today, saw a re-designed Ford F-150 "4X4 OFFROAD" with Revo's, 265/70-16 made in Japan. I was shocked to see a Firestone product on a Ford! So I looked at the spare, and it too was a Revo. Maybe Ford and Firestone kissed and made up? This could explain the shortage.
    I really doubt they went back to Firestone... I bet the guy got GoodYear Wrangler or something like that and got them replaced immediately :-)

I just called Discount tire again and checke the price at Costco and I think I'll go with LTX's. The price is $114.99 +tax (I hope Disc. Tire can match it) and I hope to get about $10-15 credit for my old onse (cross my fingers).

Will probably get them put on Saturday... I really like the look of Revo's but it looks like Michelin is better deal after all.
  • kcchicakcchica Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I had a quick question maybe someone can answer. What type of body or frame (not sure what the correct word is) does the 2001 Rodeo have? I was just in a rear end collision, and it looks like my frame might be messed up underneath (I haven't taken it for an estimate yet). My mom is concerned about them trying to fix a frame or totalling it. She believes there are certain types of frames that you shouldn't let them fix, because they can't fix it like new. Does anyone have any clue what she is talking about. I just don't want to be rolled over by the insurance company if that is the case.
    Thanks
    kcchica- the rodeo has a full ladder style box frame. The body is mounted onto the frame. Same type of setup used on pickup trucks. Good to hear you didn't get hurt. If you are the one that got hit from behind, you wont have any worries! Those are pretty straight forward cases where insurance companies cant mess with you.
    G/luck
    Joel
  • sheik3sheik3 Member Posts: 1
    Have a question for you isuzu folks in the know out there. My son is looking at a '93 V6 4WD Rodeo, 95500 miles, auto, a/c, not sure if any other bells and whisles. Price is $2000. Questions: is this a good deal, is this a good vehicle, what problems should I expect, how many miles do they usually last, etc. All my research so far looks positive, but I wanted to get the info from thise of you that have the hands on. Thanks for any info that you all can give me and I hope that I didn't butt in on anyone.
    Thanks, Bob.
  • nato1nato1 Member Posts: 102
    Anyone had a problem with thier V6 rodeo stalling when idling? It has happened 2 times (sent it to the dealer, replaced an intake gasket (not sure which intake gasket it is though, throttle body, manifold?), it was ok for a week, and then it stalled twice again. No warnings (reduced power indicator or check engine), but it starts up right away. ??
    Anybody know the thread size/pitch for a '98 Rodeo wheel stud/lugnut?
    Buck
  • felberfelber Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone. It's been a while since I posted last, just wanted to update everyone about some great shocks I recently installed.
    So far, I've had the originals,that suck, then I bought the monroe matic plus and those helped dramatically. Still though they were harsh sometimes over a rough road and still bottomed out over med size speed bumps, and dips in the road. I of course was still unhappy. So I decided to go with the ranchoes and they were very stiff and I felt as though I were riding In a jeep. I was still unhappy. I then bought some gabriels and they were no different than the monroes. I was going to put some billsteins on but I knew they were going to be way to stiff and didn't want to take a chance and waste my money and as most of you all know unless you have a full size truck or suv billstiens are going to be to stiff. They are for heavy duty, or off road use. Just a few days ago I installed my... yup you guessed it, my new shocks that I ordered. I bet you all would like to know what kind they are, well, they are Tokico trek master RT's. They come in green and also come with black rubber boots. Not only do they perform, they look cool. I was also very pleased with the build quality. As you can probably tell I am very picky about what I install on my Isuzu. I just want the best over all ride. I think the shocks the truck came with were Tokico's but they were oem. That means Tokico builds them to Isuzu's specks, which suck, not Tokico's specks. These are some great shocks. I called this place called Truck performance, 1-800-719-8100 and they set me up. I have a 2002 and they do make them for that year but anything from 98 and up will fit.
    the part #'s are TKOGE3726 front and TKOGE3727 rear. I put these things on and I was in heaven. I drove all over town and I was not getting tired of driving. It doesn't bottom out over speed bumps anymore even with my tool box in the back. Just a much more solid ride I am very pleased. If anyone gets a chance to try them, let me know what you think. I hope this helps the people who love the Isuzu but hates the ride quality. Thanks for every ones time.
    4 sets on a 2002!!! You are a one man, shock testing team! I thougt I was bad putting a set of monroe sensa-tracs on my 2002 at 15Kmi. I couldn't resist the deal at the time. Got 4 for just under $100. They're a HUGE improvement over stock, but just a little bit stiffer would be nice. It's good to hear your evaluations on the others with part #'s too. Thanks.
    G/luck
    Joel
  • drmpdrmp Member Posts: 187
    Same here, had my trekmaster for 1 k miles already on my '99 passport and the ride quality is way above the shocks I had before (OEM, Bilstein, Monroe matic). It ignores small road irregularities just like the OEM but absorbs bigs bumps very well and doesn't skip or hop. It has good cornering ability similar to monroe matic (less than Bilstein) and has excellent rebound control without sacrificing ride quality.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Please, no phone numbers!

tidester, host
  • mlinhardtmlinhardt Member Posts: 9
    I have a '93 Rodeo 4WD Manual Transmission with 166K miles.

It has been a great vehicle. Much better than my Acura Integra with similar mileage.

Make sure they have done the timing belt and water pump as that will add $600 to the cost.
  • akfontakfont Member Posts: 5
    Hey nato1,

I have an '00 V6 LS, and I suffered from a similar stalling problem about 2 months ago..

Two weeks before the problem I had an oil, filter, and air filter change done. The shop told me they didn't have the air filter, but when I paid it was on the bill. I was informed they had found one that was similar enough and put it in. This seemed ok, since it was just an air filter. However, when the car started conking out during idle, I got suspicious that the air flow was impeded, so I went to the local auto parts place and bought the most expensive filter they had for $23 and popped it in.

I don't know if you'll be lucky enough to have it be something so cheap, but it may be worth replacing the air filter if it's been a while...
  • karman1karman1 Member Posts: 25
    Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place where I can order oem or good parts for 98 rodeo? I'v tried a few web sites but they all have the same thing. Also does anyone know who makes oem brake pads for Isuzu. I'm going to order more then just the pads but I want to go with oem pads. I was told the best way to go is oem.
    Thank you
    You can order genuine isuzu parts there. They ship it for free. I got sll my parts from them end they are extremely professional. St charles also carries Hyundai, nissan and other makes that I don't recall.
  • karman1karman1 Member Posts: 25
    Thanks guys. sorry about the double post, Have not posted here in a long time.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you refresh your browser after posting, your message will get posted again. It's a feature of our software. Click on Recent Messages instead and you can avoid this bug. And you can also delete your own messages at any time with the delete button by your message title.

See you in another couple of months?

Steve, Host
  • nato1nato1 Member Posts: 102
    Thanks akfont, I did replace the air filter/plugs and the pcv (I really thought it was the pcv, because it didn't have the 'rattle' when I pulled it out), but I will check the air filter again, and some other airflow restrictive things.
  • armtdmarmtdm Member Posts: 2,057
    97 Rodeo, 3.2L with 97,000 miles.

Now that the cold weather is setting in I believe I have a slow leaking head gasket that only shows up in cold overnight temps, the tiny cracks in the gasket permit coolant to seep into the cylinders and burn upon start up in the AM. No real white smoke, no odor, pressure test is fine but it loses coolant slowly (overnight) over a week or so. Fine in warm weather. No outside leaks and again, pressure test was fine as was a chemical test to look for combustion byproducts in the coolant.

Anyone else have similar issues? Head gasket is big bucks and really not worth replacing, $1,000 plus!!! I am probably going to let it go and just die or if it really gets bad unload it.
  • olegarrolegarr Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

Hope someone will help me with my problem.

I am going to buy used (non-expensive) SUV and I found a Isuzu Rodeo 1998, 70K miles, 2WD, 2.2L, 4V, manual trans (I like manual). And they ask $5000 for it.
    This car is clean and looks great, but I know nothing about Isuzu.
    What is the average mileage for this kind of car? Is it too old 1998 for Isuzu? What do you think about the price?
    I want to buy it and use at least 30-40K miles or 3 years without any problems, is it possible or it's a dream?

Please help me.

Best regards,
    Oleg
    Oleg- You don't see a whole lot of information out there on the 1998-2003 rodeo 2.2L. This engine is actually a GM/Daewoo/Holden derivative. The same engine is in the Daewoo Leganza. Isuzu did put out a TSB that the timing belt on the 2.2L should be replaced every 60Kmi due to early failures. They are an interference engine. The only other issue I've heard of with this engine is a faulty crankshaft position sensor causing issues. They look pretty easy to work on & give you lots of room under the hood. I personally would stay away from the 2.2 because of its lack of power. It may get a few MPG's more than the 3.2L, but not much more due to the rodeo's weight. IMHO- I would not consider any 1998-1999 rodeo due to the fuel sending unit / gauge issues & the bad oil ring / oil consumption problems with the 1998-1999 3.2L. If the rodeo you are looking at was maintained well & you can bargain a bit on the price (isuzu's don't hold resale value well), that is a good amount of truck for the money. you'll likely get 2-3yrs of trouble free service out of it.
    G/luck
    Joel
  • ae1awae1aw Member Posts: 6
    98 Passport-92,000 miles:
    Same problem here, almost. Am losing colant slowly over the course of a week - 10 days. No indication of coolant in the oil, or oil in the coolant. Does not seem to be coming out the tailpipe, either. Level drops the more it is driven.
    Took it to local import shop today, pressure check shows a small leak from the water pump. Leaking slowly from the weep hole down the underside of the truck.
    Will get it replaced in a few days.
    I was worried it more than this, so I'll take it.
    Also, no overheat on the guage, stays at 40-45 % all the time.
    Also, just FYI. Had to have the idle air control motor changed 2 weeks ago. Truck would turn over, but would immediately shut off. ICAM did the fix.
  • olegarrolegarr Member Posts: 2
    Joel,

Thank you very much for your post. But I still do not have whole pictire. Does this car (Rodeo 1998) has a lot of problems or if I'll buy it I will use it 3 years without any problem?

Thank you very much again,
    Best regards,
    Oleg
    Has anyone drove the 3.5 Rodeo. I saw in another forum a former Jeep GC owner is very happy stating it has a V8-like power and also stated what a misery owning the jeep with never ending problems.
    Oleg- I really can't point to any specific long-term reliabilty issues with the 2.2L engine. The rodeo's 5spd trannys & axles are reliable & well built, plus being 2wd eliminates a bunch of drivertrain hardware. Like any 4cyl truck, so long as you keep it cool, well lubed & don't run it too hard- it will last. I'm not sure the fuel gauge/sending unit problem applies to the 4cyl rodeos, but I know the fuel gauges on 6cyl 1998-1999 stop working every 40Kmi or so & need to have the sending units "adjusted" or replaced. Being a base model rodeo, there is not too many electronic gadgets to break. So that's a positive point as well. If the truck is clean, solid & drives well, I dont see why you wouldn't be able to double that milage w/out any major problems.
    G/luck
    Joel