Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Rodeo

Comments

• but you should check out edmunds True Market Value option and of course thoroughly inspect the vehicle. Who knows. Maybe it's in mint condition, but I doubt it with 122K :)
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Depending on where you live. Also I'd look for a 95.5 and up that is when the Rodeo got real good.

-mike
  • fredsbfredsb Posts: 1
    Got a 98 LS. My heater blower motor konked. The switch works, cause' the AC light turns on when pressed and switch is turned above off position. All fuses are entact. Anybody else had this happen? Do those Rodeo guru's think that fan replacement for the do-it-yourselfer sound reasonable? It's under the center console, isn't it? Can someone send me a PDF of technical manual section on this or some ideas before I get raped at dealership? Thanks!
  • Boris2Boris2 Posts: 177
    Well, I installed K&N air filter about a week ago. Can't say much about the gas/mileage because we've been hit with snowstorms several times since then, so the mileage is naturally pretty bad (4WD, cold starts, traffic, etc). However, I did notice an improvement in performance. I don't know about the power, but the engine is DEFINITELY runs smoother. Even the sound the engine is making while accelerating is different. It sometimes feels like an improvement in number of horses under the hood, but it's hard to say for sure.
    I also put the same filter in my wife's Mazda. She said she didn't notice any difference, but I didn't drive it yet to check on that. I think there's gotta be some improvement simply because when I was changing the filter I realized that I have never changed an air filter on that car and the car will be 2 years soon with 18K miles on it. Let me tell you this: I didn't know the air filter can be THAT dirty...
  • Does anybody know when the timing belt should be replaced? I have about 75K miles on my 95.5 Passport at this time.
    Thanks!
    I would guess 90K but it could be less. If I had the $ I'd do it at 75K. I think there is a link on http://isuzu-suvs.com to a chart of timing belt replacement schedules.

-mike

• pondviewpondview Posts: 22
    Where can I get Rodeo accessories online. I've looked at Isuzuparts.net, by the shipping is too high as they are in WA and I'm in RI. I'm looking for black side steps, dealers are quoting $400, Isuzuparts.net has them for $298, but $75 shipping...still cheaper than the rip-off dealers, but just wondering if there is anyone else out there.
    matt over at Independet4x.com he makes side steps that also act as rocker bars to protect the rocker panels when off-roading. He's located in NYC so you could shoot down and pick em up from him.

-mike
  • zman21zman21 Posts: 46
    Try partscheap.com or stcharlesauto.com...i've had good luck w/ both.
    I leased a 98 Rodeo S and at the time the buy out was $16,700. I called last week and was told I could purchase for $13,000. I checked back yesterday and was quoted $11,500(I guess I was given the dealer break cost). I haggled a bit more and now it's down to $11,000.(plus my remaing payments, so total would be $11,700) I can see why GE Capital is getting out of leasing business, they must be taking a beating. i'm still not sure if I should buy out and sell on my own or have dealer buy me out(one has already agreed). The Rodeo only has 37,000 miles, and a power sun roof, it's in very good condition. I'm leaning towards letting the dealer have it, i'm sure the market is flooded and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle selling it myself. I'm in RI...Any advice? NADA, Kelley blue book, and Edmond's True Market Value figures vary greatly. Is getting $12,000 plus going to be fairly easy?
    Thanks for the links, Partscheap.com was fantastic. Ordered side steps, hood protector, and tail light trim and shipping from CA to RI was only $36. Side steps were only $281..a far cry from the dealer quoted cost of $411, then an extra $100 to install. You got to be kidding me, all it is is a couple of bolts to fasten.

thanks again
  • armtdmarmtdm Posts: 2,057
    If you have a car max or similar operation near you worth a shot. They guarantee the price for a week and you can then do the buy out and go to Car MAx and sell it to them for a profit. Assuming the price is higher of course. I have seen some great used car prices offered from Car MAx
    boy, this board is dead, lol I just bought a new Rodeo LSE. The ride is so much better than my 1998 Rodeo. Is the intelligent suspension the reason? Would the ride be the same as my 1998 without the Intell. susp. option, or have there been other improvements?
  • amigo_johnamigo_john Posts: 107
    I think most of the hardcore off-roaders either own an Amigo or Trooper. Most of the Rodeoites are daily drivers and don't tinker with improvements and aftermarket add-ons so they don't have as much to talk about.

The 98 had a lot more problems than the following years. The 2001-2002 models have a slightly beefed up frame in the front for better crash protection. I wouldn't be surprised if they made some ride improvements too. My 2001 rides a lot smoother than my 96 Rodeo or 98 Amigo did. Do we have a Rodeo suspension expert around here???
  • jbkennedyjbkennedy Posts: 70
    Our 2001 Rodeo LS is now a year old, with 10K miles, and we have really enjoyed it. We have had no problems, so far. Good luck on your new LSE.
  • catamcatam Posts: 331
    Does anyone know if the Rodeo engines are interference or non-interference engines??
    The ABS light on my 1998 Rodeo stays on all the time, it statted about 3 months ago(it has 37k miles) My local mechanic tested the brakes and said they were fine. Is it probably just the sensor and no reason to be concerned...or could it be something more serious? I really don't want to take it to the dealer.
    Probably a sensor. The parking brake light would come on if it was a problem with the brake system.

-mike
    Depends on what generation. The SOHC are non-interfernece, the DOHC is interference IIRC. http://isuzu-suvs.com I think has a link to the Gates page which tells which is which.

-mike

• As I recall too, if it is the SOHC Isuzu V-6 then non-interference, if it is the DOHC Isuzu V-6 then it is interference. I do not know which engine Isuzu was putting in the '98 Rodeos though.