Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Rodeo

Comments

• pastor1pastor1 Posts: 2
    Does anyone know why the auxiliary gear on 1997 Isuzu Rodeo would be vibrating? We have checked the gearbox mount and it seem to be in order and not the cause.
  • df2000df2000 Posts: 60
    I think you already know the answer...How bad was the leak?
    Oil is cheap, you know...You can do a lot of 60K service youself, it mostly check this and that anyway, you can do brakes, it really easy. Shop around for parts and labor next time. Hey, you paid "for convenience" mostly.
  • I own a 2001 Honda Passport aka fraudulant name for Isuzu Rodeo, I thought a bad EGR valve would not hurt my vehicle either but it did, now I am in over $3000.00 in repairs and my vehicle still does not run The best repair for any isuzu product is gas and a lighter!
  • I also owned a 2001 HOnda Passport, with one problem after the other my advice to you is to get rid of it and never buy another Isuzu product - Honda did not make the Passport the Passport is an Isuzu rodeo - a true Honda is a great vehicle and HOnda themselves will now tell you dont ever by a passport.
  • The HOnda passport had a recall for the fuel problem it should have been fixed at no costLook it up on the internet maybe you can get a refund.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Posts: 838
    MY take on your problem was that you bought it from Honda and Honda will not stand by the product with their name on it. If you had bought it from Isuzu then it would have still been under warranty...same vehicle, less money better warranty, only thing lacking is the name Honda on it. Honda was glad to sell you a Passport (made by Isuzu for Honda) when they did not have a SUV of their own. It worked for them, they got your money. IMHO you would be more correct in bitching about Honda than Isuzu. Anyway, sorry for your problems.

bill
  • I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 1998 RODEO, AND I LOVE IT! I GOT A GREAT DEAL WITH IT. PAYING LESS THEN $5400 CASH OUT THE DOOR. COMPLETE WITH V6 3.2L POWER EVERYTHING AND LESS THEN 80000 MILES JUST WANTED TO EXPRESS HOW HAPPY I WAS WITH THE PURCHASE :) I DID GET ABOUT $400 OR ENGINE WORK DONE SO I PAID $5800. BUT I DO WISH TO PUT RUNNING BOARDS ON THE TRUCK AND REMOVE THE REAR TIRE AND PLACE IT UNDER THE TRUCK IF THAT IS AN OPTION I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FOR THE BOARDS OR THE TIRE
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Welcome aboard and thanks for that report!

I do recommend turning off your CAPS LOCK. People tend to ignore messages typed in ALL CAPS.

tidester, host
  • tcam95tcam95 Posts: 3
    I have a 99 rodeo.To those who has the same car as mine.
    How is your suspension?Do you guys have a good ride with your suspension?Because mine is really rough ever since i bought the car even after i place a new shocks in it is still the same.I mean everytime i ran into a bumpy road everything inside the car is bouncing my whole body is shaking,its really bad.Do i have a bad suspension or it just how the car build?
  • Thanks for that i will remember that next time
  • Well I also own a 99 Rodeo and its not too bad over major bumps yet but over train tracks it can be a little rough but i haven't made any mods yet nor changed the shocks. sorry i didn't have the answer for you but its a great truck!! hang with it
  • Boris2Boris2 Posts: 177
    I am getting to the point that i need to start worrying about replacing the timing belt (84K Mi) on '01 Rodeo V6. The issue of wether the engine is interference or not has been brought up a lot of times on this form and the answer was usually "not interference"... so... in other words... if the belt breaks no engine damage should be expected. However, I called 3 local Isuzu dealers and in all 3 cases their service managers told me that the engine is indeed interference and i really don't want the belt to break. Now, are they just trying to get me to the shop for the replacement or that engine is really an interference? Is there any official documentation that will clarify that?
    Ok, i called yet another dealer (the fourth one on my list) and they claim that the engine is NOT interference so if the belt breaks it wouldn't damage the engine. Now, i'm getting really upset :mad:

I think i'll try calling Isuzu directly and see if i can get any information from them.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,809
    Gates has a timing belt part number finder and they put "Interference engine application" in red in the comments when the engine is an interference one. I don't see that comment for your Rodeo.

However ... they call my minivan engine an interference one, and everything I've seen says it's not. :shades:

Here's a good reason to change it anyway:

marku1, "Nissan Quest/Mercury Villager problems" #2276, 8 Feb 2006 7:19 am

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

well... i just got off the phone with Isuzu and yet another dealer... I think i was the first one to call Isuzu on that - it took them a good 20 min to figure it out but they said it's not a good idea to break it as it is an interference engine. The dealer confirmed it as well... so, so far i got 5 against 2 that it is an interference engine... and i better not wait too long before changing it... damn... it's like $150 for part only + at least $200 labor :(
  • Hey everyone,
    I was looking to add clear corner and taillights cant find them online does anyone know of a site i can hit to get this done
    I think i've seem them on eBay
  • tcam95tcam95 Posts: 3
    What kind of shocks do you have?Can anybody here recommend me on what kind of shocks are best for the rodeo?
  • I just purchased an 2000 Rodeo 2wd which did not come with an owners manual. I would like to know the purpose of the Power Drive button, and since I live and drive mostly in the mountains when should I use the power button.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

:shades:
  • jfsstx1jfsstx1 Posts: 3
    Hello,in reply to your question about the power button
    ,to the every day driver around town and so on the regular setting is just fine the power button comes into play when your towing or somthing where you need the longer shifts
    and max power from your powertrain if you notice just drive it ,say from a traffic light then at the next light
    apply the same pressure but turn the power option it really is a big difference ,just remember with the cost of fuel dont do it too much (alos try the winter option it wont let you spin the tires and once you get to speed it auto shuts off................
  • jfsstx1jfsstx1 Posts: 3
    :shades: There is something to be said for Isuzu ,its not like I work for them but I own one its probably the best vehicle Ive owned in quite sometime exept for my toyota forerunners
    if anyone hates thier rodeo sell it ,trade it whatever
    but complaning about it wont help it ,If ridsding yourself of it is not an option ,take care of it and it will take care of you. Last thing to the person aaking about shocks
    try the Monroe gasmatics I installed them and love them.
  • hikick1hikick1 Posts: 39
    I have had the sysytem checked and the mechanic said all was well on electric drain. He suspects my alternator brushes are sticking causing the drain as the vehicle sits overnite. It takes about a week to drain a new battery. My heater switch works with the ignition off. Is this normal? That is the only oddity I found in the electrical sysytem myself. Secondly, I have really bad "hesitation or starving" on high speed acceleration. Third my new serpentine belt is being shredded rib by rib. I have new exhaust(one broken bolt in manifold), new fuel tank, filter, pump. Rebuilt TBI. New plugs, wires. New radiator. All gauages read fine. It is really frustrating as I keep taking it back for the same three problems and I am getting nowhere fast... Somebody help me!!!
  • Anyone know the difficulty of replacing the dash lights on my '97 rodeo?? Every auto parts store never has a repair manual for Isuzu Rodeo, has anyone here ever done this?? :confuse:
  • freak1freak1 Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 91 RODEO V6 4X4 THAT SEAMS TO HAVE A MISSFIRE "HERKE JERK MOTION" UNDER LOAD,UP HILL,&BETWEN 1500&2000RPM IT WILL GO AWAY IF I DOWN SHIFT & RAIS RPM'S I HAVE REPLACED PLUGS WIRES CAP&ROTOR & RESET TIMING HELPED SUM BUT STILL NOT RIGHT GOT SO BAD LEFT IT WHEN WE MOVED. FREND IS GOING TO WORK ONIT FOR ME BUT I WOULD LIKE TO POINT HIM IN THE RIGHT DERECTION AND ALL I KNOW IS WHAT I DID & PREVIOS OWNER HAS PUNCHED CAT & POSABLEY CHANGED TIMING CHAIN. ALSOW HAVE A FRIEND 91 CHEVEY SAME MOTOR SAME PROBLEN IS THIS A TIPACKAL PROBLEM? PLEASE HELP ME!! FREAK1
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    You may also want to try the Isuzu Owners: Maintenance & Repairs discussion.

tidester, host
  • I have a 2000 rodeo that does the same thing, but I have not had it checked out
  • I have a 2000 rodeo that I have had problems with for about 2 years. Seems as though no one can fix the problem. I keep leaking oil into my 1 and 3 sparkplugs wells. I had it worked on several times but no one fixes it. The valve cover gaskets have been changed 3 times but problem is still there. I have to clean those two sparkplugs about every two days for it to run ok.
  • kgazzanikgazzani Posts: 2
    my check engine light goes off and on depending on which day of the week it is. it was checked at pepboys, and they said it is a fuel sensor. can anyone tell me how much they cost, and is it a do it yourself fix? thanks for any help, ken
  • kgazzanikgazzani Posts: 2
    sorry i forgot some key info its a 2001 6 cyl rodeo. thanks again ken.
  • chockchock Posts: 1
    I am freaked out. I have a 2001 Rodeo. I was parked at a grocery store and upon returning, my rodeo was moved. The return shopping cart area was on the driver side so no one could park there. The passenger side had trees so no one was able to park there either. I came out to find my vehicle moved so close to the return shopping cart area that I was unable to open my door to get in. Friends are telling me it is possible that another persons key could fit mine and could have mistaken my rodeo with theirs. Backed out of the space, realized it was not their car, parked back quickly but not exactly how it was parked by me. If this is true, I would think the possibility of a situation like this would be rare or almost impossible. However, my rodeo was at least still there, I just couldn't get in the driver side. Would the dealer replace the ignition at no charge?

Chock