Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    I agree with poswald, phil47. That is a very useful tip. Thanks.
  • johnskevjohnskev Posts: 98
    it's common for the gas guage to fluctuate when going up and down hills. it's simply due the "bobber" measuring your gas level moving irregularly due to the gas not being level. since the bobber doesn't sit in the middle of the tank, going up and going down hills produce different results. i'm not positive about the quick drop after the first 50 miles, but it may be a similar thing. i know, on an older vehicle i had, some air pressure affected the reading. next time you fill up, unscrew and screw back on the gascap after a couple miles (maybe even do this more than once). you'll hear air being released, it may not be the cause but it's worth a shot.

-johnskev
  • highuphighup Posts: 31
    Have a few pics of my truck if anyone is interested...

truck</a
  • rcsuttonrcsutton Posts: 35
    Highup: Nice truck! Where did you purchase your Philips Vision Plus.and what size?
  • li_sailorli_sailor Posts: 1,081
    Joe - nice job. I've been worried about that radiator since I first noticed it. Your solution looks like the thing to do. Any details you might give us on what the material is and how you attached it would be appreciated. I've also been thinking about removing the step rail...outside of making it easier to reach the roof, it's not much use.

Tom
  • joef4570joef4570 Posts: 29
    Yesterday, I brought my 01 LE to the dealer for a rear wind deflector. A guy just dropped a Bronze Gray (my color) 01 off & I noticed it had been striped in a darker color. Looked really good but I think it may look better in a lighter color stripe. Anyone out there had striping done? I'd love to see some pics.

If the line going up the middle of my windshield is the FM/AM antenna, then what is the rod that sticks up from my right fender for?!!
  • pat01pat01 Posts: 23
    joef4570 - As I understand it, we have 2 antennae (aka the Diversity Antenna system). Both the line in the windshield and the fixed post off the right fender (or automatic for our Canadian friends) are part of the system. The theory is that, for example, when you are downtown in a major metro area with skyscrapers and would normally have signal fade, the diversity antenna system will triangulate the signal and you will always have a clear and functional radio signal. Don't you just love the PF?
  • pondfull5pondfull5 Posts: 53
    Hi Folks,
    On my way back Canada this past Easter Sunday, my cd just stop playing. And it showed "error 2" on the radio.
    I took it in for service, and was told that a new RADIO has to be ordered and that it will take ten days to get it.
    Also this is a Canadian 2001 Pf SE 5spd. And I just picked it up on 3/30/01.
    The Pf. drove fine. It stood its ground among those huge rigs doing about 70 to 90 mph on I-81So. And in the rain too. So the 4W was in order.
    I was also playing only regular cds. So Folks, any advice on my cd player?.
    The sound system in these Pfs do need some fine tuning.
    Thank you all in advance.
    full5.
  • pondfull5pondfull5 Posts: 53
    jmtreetop,
    Your truck is a class act. It is infact beautiful.
    But where did you buy the meguiars polish from.
    Thanks. full5.
  • jmtreetopjmtreetop Posts: 130
    Thank you! I quick detailed my Pfinder today with Meguires Quick Detail Spray after a rain and it still looks like I just waxed it today. In addition, I had to fix some more rock chips. I get so many going over the passes in MT. I actually purchased some of the Meguires products at a local Target (which I found to be the cheapest) and I purchased the rest at a local automotive store (Schucks) which wasn't much more money. Definitely worth it. Meguires is the best in my opinion. Most discount stores and automotive stores carry their products. Check out http://www.meguiars.com/CarRx.cfm and they will hook you up with exactly what you need depending on what area you live in and how you want your Pfinder to look...very helpful...hope this helps.

JON

• sanandtonsanandton Posts: 342
    It seems you were hit with the same "err 2" message that I and others have seen. I hope you meant that they told you a new CD player was needed not a stereo. I had mine (CD player) replaced after about 6 months of ownership. Oh, and the old unit had to be mailed back to clarion in order for my cds to be removed and mailed back.
    My unit was playing on shuffle when this happened to me. Was your Cd player on shuffle by chance?
    So far I think this is the only thing in the PF that doesn't live up to the superb quality that Nissan has built in on just about every thing else.
  • nismofreaknismofreak Posts: 120
    In your picture of the intake tube, the right "box" is for the resonance. That is the box that keeps the intake quite (acts like a pulsation dampener). I like the fact that Nissan is guarding against hydrolock with give any water ample opportunity to drain in any of those four tubes.

Have you notice any performance gain with the homemade cold air intake?

Also, was it easy to wire the foggies to turn on without the headlights coming on? I know it is pure "rice" but I am curious. ;-)
  • johnskevjohnskev Posts: 98
    highup: truck looks great. i know a couple other people have asked, but here's the questions again-

can we get details on the grill guard you built?

can we get the steps to have the foglights come on with out the headlights?

what's all the "dc09499" or whatever that number is?

thanks a lot.

-johnskev
  • highuphighup Posts: 31
    I added a few more pictures and updated some captions to answer a few questions. I will update the grille guard buildup over the weekend. The dc09499 is the jpg file number. I uploaded a few pics last night but too tired to caption them. Thanks for the interest.

truck
  • My local dealers seem to know nothing about 3.9% for 60 months just the 5.9% for 60. Does anyone know if this is only for certain regions or a web site I could refer the dealer to besides this message board. I would appreciate any help.
  • tofunricetofunrice Posts: 20
    actually... i was informed that the line in the middle of the winshield is the antenna for the homelink tranmitter system??? dunno who's right/wrong? oh well! take care guys.
  • phil47phil47 Posts: 394
    I believe the manual does discuss the 2 antennae as being for improving radio reception. If they've also tied the Homelink system into one of them to improve range (good idea), I don't remember that being mentioned in the manual (which doesn't mean it isn't true).
  • I know you swear by MEGUIARS but have you heard of LIQUID GLASS and is it any good?
  • wcrolandwcroland Posts: 26
    JMTREETOP,

I swear by Meguiars too, however I use Gold Glass line, one line down from the Professional series. I have heard Liquid Glass been talked about before but where do you buy it and is there a website to look at it? I would like to try it because of the numerous raves. I have only had my Pathfinder for about 6 weeks, love it and this board has helped out a lot.
  • jmtreetopjmtreetop Posts: 130
    I have used Liquid Glass as well as some others. I find that all of them leave a great shine (wet look) but they dont seem to last as long as Meguires. I probably shouldnt care since I wax my car so often but getting through the long winter months when I cant wash or wax my car seems best with Meguires.