Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• I am going to dealer on tuesday and hopefully everything gonna be fine.
  • li_sailorli_sailor Posts: 1,081
    oh, you asked how hard it was. Assuming the installation is the same, it's not hard. You replace the hinges with new ones that extend up to support the deflector. The only trick is keeping the glass up while you switch...doing one at a time takes care of that. Pretty simple, really.
  • smokey75smokey75 Posts: 434
    Nissan has unveiled the Pathfinder Armada. Go to http://www.nissanusa.com/ to see it. Looks pretty cool...
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,144
    The 2004 Nissan Armada discussion. More links in there.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• gumdocgumdoc Posts: 7
    Brisoup, thanks for your comments; it's been awhile since I checked the message board and just now read your response. I am getting a complete stonewall from Nissan about when my satellite tuner will be installed. I have called the dealer twice, went up to the dealership (about fifty miles away) once, e-mailed Nissan's customer relations office twice (no response), wrote to them and got an unsigned form letter apologizing for my dissatisfaction with the dealer but completely ignoring the basic issue of when the tuner would be installed, called them and was told by a customer service rep not to worry, that he would get right on it and that I would not have to deal with anyone but him. That was about a month ago and no contact from him yet. I finally e-mailed Bose and got an almost immediate response that they would pursue it. That was just last week, so I am holding my breath. The car is great, the customer service - at least on this issue - is pretty poor. I suspect that they
    may not have the part (made by Clarion, I have been told), but since they are not providing any response, I don't know for sure. I encourage anyone thinking about getting a satellite radio in a new Nissan to get the port-installed radio and not risk the dealer-installed option, as I did.
  • itchingitching Posts: 12
    Bought a 2003 QX4 2 weeks ago after not getting no where with nissan dealers, couldn't understand WHY they both cost the same.Went to 4 dealerships and 2 where even higher $ 2000.00 higher. Oh yea what a joke in difference in dealerships. check out my board 1659 on the QX4. Good luck and buy wise.
  • mbuntingmbunting Posts: 158
    li_sailor

Thanks for the link....I may indeed order that one from irontoad.com

Also got a 15% off any Nissan accessories coupon from my dealer today...and I may just get the Nissan one from my dealer using the coupon.... it comes out to be about the same cost.

Still undecided on if I'll do the install myself or not - seems easy enough though...just gotta find the time!
  • v8seqv8seq Posts: 1
    I have a Nissan luggage carrier that fits the roof rack of a Pathfinder or Quest. It is in excellent condition. It folds flat for storage, and when open it has vinyl sides, supported by an aluminum frame. The carrier attaches to the roof rack using the "tie-down" screws, it will not work with any rack except certain Pathfinders and Quests. I suspect it will fit vehicles in the 93-98 date range. I no longer have the Quest, and would be happy to give this to anyone for the cost of shipping, which I guess would be about $25-$40. Contact me if you are interested.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,144
    Please, no buying, selling or trading on Town Hall, including "giving" stuff away for the freight cost. Thanks....

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• 2001 PF SE AWD

Well, it's been perhaps 2 weeks now and above meesage still constantly lit (not flashing). I have filled tank several times and was sure to tighten the gas cap securely each time.

Is it time to take her in? Unfortunately, I'm over my 3 year/36000 miles bumper-to-bumper warranty. :(
  • noise01noise01 Posts: 1
    I had the same thing with my PF. The Gas Cap was OK. Had to go to the dealer. The Intake Timing Sensor was replaced. At 64K Kms, I had to pay.

Service guy thought he was being helpful telling me that the repair might have been covered by warranty if the problem had occurred <60K Kms....
  • brisoupbrisoup Posts: 43
    I'm not sure if a oxygen sensor is covered by this but Certain emission parts are covered past the normal 3/36 warrenty.That info should be in the owners manual.
  • What kind of woodtrim is used in pathfinder. I am trying a get a wood piece for a passenger side vent, but not sure what type of wood is it. Has anybody added if so please let me know if it matches with the factory install trim. It looks odd not having on one side of vent and having on the other side. Why did they do like that? It's just a single piece. Is there any reason for that.
  • mchinmchin Posts: 22
    I noticed on the side panel of the door that the tire pressure for a 01 LE is 26 PSI. Isn't this kind of low? I was wondering what would be an accurate PSI? I try to keep mine at 30 PSI. Thanks.
  • nyrfannnyrfann Posts: 2
    I just recently bought a 2003 PF, I go a deal I could not pass up. Upon pulling the PF out of the dealer I realized it did not have the Overhead Temp/Compass LCD. Now I know this is not a big deal I just happened to like it. Does anybody know if I can change the plain one to the Overhead Temp/Compass LCD? If so does anybody know the part #?
  • lbinhlbinh Posts: 190
    Unfortunately, the wood trim you are referring to is actually a wood-tone plastic. I was wondering the same thing about the passenger vent missing the wood-tone trim. I asked my dealer to install it on my passenger vent and they said they would look for an exact match but, I have not heard from them again. It is not that important to me (not worth the hassle) so I did not bring it back up.
  • goose1207goose1207 Posts: 113
    I keep mine at 26psi all the time and have had no problems. Since that is what Nissan recommends, that is what I go with. I figure, why second guess the manufacturer?
  • jiaminjiamin Posts: 556
    I think it's been talked about somewhere here. 16" recommended is 26 psi and 17" (optional size) is 30 psi.
  • mchinmchin Posts: 22
    Thanks. I was just double checking.
  • wood tone plactic trim, but I guess we can't get the exact piece. Thanks anyways.
  • jiaminjiamin Posts: 556
    Could it be an aftermarket or dealer added on wood trim? I don't remember ever see any factory wood trim around Pathy's vent. If it's an aftermarket piece, it's probably a stick-on trim that is easy to tell.
  • mjohnr99mjohnr99 Posts: 193
    - for a lot of these questions, I reccomend using the Advanced Search feature first - you'll be surprised at how much is already on the board about tire pressure(see, e.g., post 507 on Problems & Solutions).

- wood plastic trim: I KNOW I saw a website back in October of last year that sold this stuff for the Pathfinder; aftermarket but identical; just start searching Google or something and it will have to turn up . . .
  • I just test drove the Murano which feels lighter and more nimble than the PF even tho it's rated at only 5 HP more.

Is there an aftermarket Navigation system available, perhaps portable that can be taken from car to car? It is one slick toy with the 7" screen and female audio voice!
  • goose1207goose1207 Posts: 113
    Check out www.garmin.com
    www.crutchfield.com has the alpine units I believe (not portable but an aftermarket install)
  • Jack44Jack44 Posts: 221
    This week saw Nissan Dealer here with $3000 Off signs in all of his Muranos...
  • scantyscanty Posts: 171
    Picked up the rear wind deflector from Irontoad. Install was a breeze. Took about 20 minutes total, including washing the window.
  • califjohncalifjohn Posts: 101
    to replace the OEM Dunlops that finally wore out on the PF. Live in AZ so any suggestions about a good hot weather capable tire would be appreciated. Driving is done virtually all on the highway with very limited dirt road use and no snow use at all. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
  • alwaysfordsalwaysfords Posts: 210
    Michelin LTXs have been great for ours. They drastically improved performance - snow (not that you need it), rain, and even to some degree in dry weather.
  • Hello

I'll be picking up my boat pretty soon. Since I bought my new Pathfinder in late October I never pulled the boat with it.

I have to admit that I'm afraid that the Path will sag when I will attach my boat.

Boat + engine + trailer = 2500 pounds (+/-) but I have no idea how much weight is on the tongue (10% ???)

Anyone with sagging experience with a similar setup ? For example my 99 4Runner used to sag big time with the same setup. I looked more like a rocket than a truck ;-)

Anybody installed the Airlift product? Did it impact suspension and VDC performance ??

Thanks for the info
  • califjohncalifjohn Posts: 101
    I have had good luck on other trucks with those too. I forgot my main question tho' and that was a recommendation for LT series replacement of the P series OEM rubber. Is that a good idea or what?