Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• Greetings from Canada, eh !

I took delivery of my 2003 Pathfinder Chilkoot edition in April and I am very happy with
    this suv. I’ve been reading these posts here for quite some time and thought it was time
    for my first post. I currently have 6800 kms and one dealer oil change at 6000 kms.
    There’s been a lot of talk about tires, I too find the ride a bit rough, even on a simple
    gravel road, I literally have to take my foot off the gas. I also notice that these tires tend to
    flick rocks as I drive, I think they’re hitting the underside, there are no stone chips
    anywhere on the paint. My stock tires are Dunlop TG 35 Grandtrek, does anyone else
    have these ? Also, rear view mirror temp/compass display; I noticed in two showroom
    Pathfinders that there was a small rubber tube connecting the back of the mirror (which
    has a small knob on it) to the inside of the windshield. This little piece is missing and am
    not picky about it, but just wondering if it is supposed to be there. I haven’t had any
    problems with CD’s being jammed, and in reference to message #6943 regarding the AC
    being charged to 0.91 lbs, the green label under my hood says 0.99 lbs. Here are some
    pics, I hope the link works. Here in Canada they scraped the XE and replaced it with the
    Chilkoot Edition, previous editions were the Prospector and Klondike. That’s all for now,
    see ya’ll later...

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/sfd32
  • bgritzbgritz Posts: 139
    In terms of bounce, I noticed no difference whatsoever. I run a higher PSI than indicated in the glove box because I prefer a firmer ride. (32-33 PSI in the fronts, and 28-30 in the rears depending on load)

A for sway, I usually run my tires down quite far, so everytime I get new ones that have any lug at all they feel a bit squirmy to me at first. They only feel that way for a bit till I get used to them, but that would happen to me with any tire I think.

gritz
  • scantyscanty Posts: 171
    How tough was it to change the headlights to HID's? Looks great!
  • phil47phil47 Posts: 394
    It's designed to dampen vibration of the mirror. Not critical but nice to have. I would have thought all Pathys come with it (mine does).
  • jiaminjiamin Posts: 556
    My 02 QX4, previous 94 Altima and 96 Maxima all have that. When I put sun shade on, sonetimes it pops the rubber out.
  • Just to make sure, the current Pathfinder is being replaced by the Aramada, right?
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    No, the Pathfinder is not being replaced by the Armada. The Armada is going to be the Pathfinder's larger stablemate. A Pathfinder redesign is due for MY2005.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Great pics but let's not overdo it!

Thanks.

tidester, host
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    Heheh! At least they were hyperlinks! :)
  • Just out of curiosity, how does putting a list of links hurt anything... no matter how long they are?
  • Thats what I was wondering...geez...next time I won't follow the forum rules and just post the images outright.

Guess that is what I get for reading the directions/rules first....

If you decide to add in a rule limiting the number of hyperlinks to photos please let me know and I'll gladly remove them down to the proper amount. I almost have the notion to just remove them now...but I wont because I thought current and future PF owners might want to catch as many glimpses as possible at what may be in store for the next PF design. I know I sure did...thus the photos. The 2 photos edmunds provided of the DuneHawk from the Frankfurt show were hardly enough to wet my appetite.

I have been a longtime member here - ever since I purchased my first 2001 PF LE in January of 2001. I'm on my 2nd PF now, a 2003 LE (sold the first one and went for another one!). I guess I'll have to start looking elsewhere to discuss the PF.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Hey, I said they were great pics! You seem to have missed that part.

Nobody said it was against the rules - it was a suggestion! It's kind overwhelming coming across a page full of links.

Here's another suggestion: lighten up! :-)

tidester, host
  • mbunting: I loved the pics and am jealous that you got to be in Frankfurt AND enjoy lovely cars.

My Pathfinder is a 2001 with 65,000 pleasant miles on it. My only expense has been oil changes and a new set of good tires.

I love my car...but the DuneHawk is going to be tempting.
  • Unless you like deploying (or being away from your family) for months and months at a time....
    But there are alot worse places to be sent than Germany (Iraq) - so I guess I shouldn't complain!!!!

tidestar: I'll lighten up but 18 links isn't really an overwhelming amount in my opinion???

Heck, there are 12 lnks alone at the bottom of this page :)

Enough about the links...let's discuss the PF/DH !!!
  • Hi All.. I live in Cleveland ohio and today received an offer from a local dealer to PF SE loaded with leather for 437.00 a month on a 39 month lease with 18k miles a year.
    MSRP 33600
    residual value 14500
    Capitalized cost 30600
    MF 00024
    Includes 8% sales tax. ( Thanks Govenor Taft)

Is this a pretty good deal or should I keep looking. Thanks for your help
  • li_sailorli_sailor Posts: 1,081
    Hey, mbunting...I remember when you purchased your 2001 LE, about the same time I did...I recall your question about buying it unseen as you were coming of a tour, IIRC.

Well, I've just put my PF up for sale, as I've changed priorities and vehicular requirements and bought an '02 RSX. I've decided to rent uhauls to tow my boat and my kids have their own cars now, so...

I have to say that the PF has been 100% reliable and a terrific vehicle...Nissan's quality control is suberb. Of course, Honda's ain't so bad, either ;-)

If anyone has any questions that they'd like to ask offline, you can contact me at runsailbike@yahoo.com.

My thanks to all that have given their advice and experiences here...it's been a tremendous help.

Tom
  • You are correct...bought my 01' LE the day after getting back from serving 2 years on active duty (Air Force) in Turkey.

It was a great vehichle...and so is my 03' LE now...

Have fun w/ your RSX....and thanks for all your contributions to the PF board here as well!

Best Regards and God Bless!
  • Engle3 - can you please tell me what you consider "good tires"? My '02 is ready for some new rubber before winter.
  • jszeijszei Posts: 6
    I'm looking to remove the roof rack on my '03 Pathfinder SE (if anyone wants it). Before I do that I need to obtain the end caps that come standard on the LE to cover the spaces under the risers. It doesn't have to be an '03, any of the recent years will do. Does anyone know where to get these parts, have them, or want an SE style rack if they have an LE?

Thanks,
    John
  • joe233joe233 Posts: 43
    I have a 2001 4wd/awd(w/LSD) LE. If I upgrade tires from OEM 255/65R16 to 265/70R16 do I need to upgrade the spare tire also? Would it hurt anything if I had to run the OEM spare tire with the larger tires?
  • bgritzbgritz Posts: 139
    We didn't upgrade the spare when we went to the 265/70 sized tire. If you ran 1 smaller spare long distances with the three other tires I think you would probably do some damage to the internals of the differentials ect., But for short "spare tire" situations, I think you'd be OK.

I also think I read that the 265/70-16 doesn't fit into the space provided under the rear unless you let some air out of it. If that's the case, what's the use of a spare if it's flat as well?
  • The Pathfinder Chilkoot is going to be replaced by a new model with the name of Chinook. I believe the only change is the wheel flare will be added to the current Chilkoot edition.
  • Joe233, I believe that you can get away with having a mismatched size for the spare, but I would recommend only using it on the front axles. I.E. If your driver side rear (d.s.r) tire went flat, you should remove the driver side front (d.s.f.) tire, place the spare on that axle and then use the d.s.f. tire to replace the d.s.r. tire that is flat. This ensures that the lsd in the rear axle is not constantly engaging due to different tire speeds. Their is no front lsd, so you could theoretically use a donut spare.

This is the procedure recommended by Honda for their S2000 which comes with smaller front tires than rear and has a donut spare and rear LSD, so I would think it would hold true for our trucks.

Mike
  • engle3engle3 Posts: 12
    Sorry to be so slow...
    My tires are Michelin, Cross Terrain SUV. Kind of expensive, but they have over 25,000 miles on them now and are still a completely smooth ride. I hope to get another 25,000 on them. I can't find the bill, so I can't tell you what I paid, but I'll check next time I get them rotated.
  • lbinhlbinh Posts: 190
    Anyone know the specific warranty beyond the basic 3yr/36K bumper to bumper and 5yr/60K powertrain warranty? I am interested in the safety product warranties. Are seat belts/seat buckles covered against defects for the lifetime of the vehicle?

I have this annoying squeeking coming from the driver's buckle when latched to seat belt. This is second seat belt buckle from Nissan, practically new. It was replaced about 4 months ago. It only occurs when it is cool such as night and morning.

I have 2001 LE Pathy w/35,700 miles.
  • jiaminjiamin Posts: 556
    should have lifetime warranty. My 94 Altima and 96 Maxima manuals all said so, and I think it's still so today, unless it is either a failure caused by an accident, or a cosmetic thing.
  • woodyr1woodyr1 Posts: 142
    Hi:

Nissan Canada has posted specs and pricing on the 2004 models. Information at http://www.nissan.ca.
  • Joe,

I have a 2001 LE with a roof rack and would be interested in switching with you. Where are you located? I am in Milwauke, WI.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,144
    Please take it to email; we don't want to start filling up the boards with a swap shop. Thanks,

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.