Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• Need help...I've got an 01' PF SE with 50K and need to replace the rear window support arms. My local dealer wants $116 EACH! Sounds rediculous, but my local auto parts stores have no listings for Strong Arms that will fit. Has anyone replaced theres? If so, where did you get them and what was the cost? Am I wrong, or is the dealers price outrageous?
  • I launched my boat at Lake Elsinore and there were no problems with the compressor as to its mounted location.
  • couimetcouimet Posts: 130
    If they need replacement, it should be no-charge ... warranty.
  • woodyr1woodyr1 Posts: 142
    In preparation for a trailer with electric brakes, I need to install a brake controller. I need to run a wire into the drivers compartment from under the floor. Do anyone know the location of a grommet or simple entry into the brake pedal area?

Has anyone installed a brake controller, as I need to locate the wire which runs from the brake light switch to the brake lamps (only powered when brakes applied)?

Thanks

Woody
  • couimetcouimet Posts: 130
    I've never had one of these and I don't know how much current is required, but if all you need is power when brakes are applied, how about wiring it in the brake light (tail light) assembly?
  • ced1ced1 Posts: 8
    I too had both rear engine O2 sensors go bad on my 01 LE just last month, at 16k miles. I never saw what the bill would have been since it was covered. Yikes! to $400 if it happens again out of warranty.
  • fwankfwank Posts: 1
    I've had my 2001 LE since May '00 and have had a great experience until falling prey to the dreaded Err 2 CD Changer message last week. I can't play or retrieve any of the 3 factory cd's or 3 CDR's in the changer. I know several folks have had same problem (sanandton, mbunting - post 1064,5) and were able to get warranty to cover replacement. My dealership is pushing back and is trying to stick me with replacement cost. Any suggestions or arguments I can use? I've seen NA Consumer Affairs mentioned - can you provide contact info? I would rather avoid going to that extreme if possible. Thanks!!
  • normp1normp1 Posts: 25
    To phil47 or others. I inquired into purchasing Nissan rubber door / protection strips but was told by my dealer that official Nissan body molding door strips(or whatever there are called) would cost over $1000. I re checked this with the dealer and the parts manager said that that was the correct cost from Nissan . Hard to believe. She suggested purchasing non Nissan strips for a fraction of the cost. ( $ 100 - 175 ). Has anyone purchased Nissan OEM strips and how much did you pay ? Thanks to all that respond . (p.s. she did not confuse these with the fender flares)
  • phil47phil47 Posts: 394
    Your dealer is ripping you off...or doesn't have a clue. The moldings are an official Nissan option only south of the border, so many Cdn dealers are clueless.

They can be purchased as a set of 4 from many online Nissan parts dealers. I got mine here:

https://www.nissanpartsusa.com/secure/catalogue.htm

for $32 USD (that's around $50 CDN...not $1000!). Check under "Other Pathfinder accesories" and you will find them. Unfortunately, I think this outfit no longer ships to Canada, so you'll have to find another source. I suspect a search for Nissan parts on the web will yield a few good possibilities. Good luck.

• neil73neil73 Posts: 7
    Fwank,
    I'm not sure what the dealership is trying to pull. This repair should be covered under your bumper to bumper warranty. My CD changer also jammed several months ago. When I took the truck to dealer they thoroughly diagnosed the problem and said, "Yeah, it sure is jammed alright." From there they ordered a new unit and replaced the broken unit when the new one arrived. No charge to me. Additionally, they washed and vacuumed my truck. The service dept manager said "sorry for the inconvienence" and gave me a customer satisfaction survey to fill out. A week later, I got a call from Nissan HQ asking me how my how well the service went. BTW, Clarion mailed the CDs 5 weeks later.

Inform the service manager that you will call Nissan HQ, that should light a fire under them.

Neil
  • phil47phil47 Posts: 394
    Neil73, I think fwank's problem is that he had CD-Rs in the changer, and the manual specifically warns against using them as they could jam the changer and void the warranty. Some dealers have backed down and allowed a warranty repair even with CD-Rs, and some have not. It's a bit of a crap shoot...
    I ordered genuine body side mouldings for my 2001 Pathfinder about a year ago from:

<http://www.nissanparts.cc/>

I believe they are based in Tacoma, Washington, and did send to Canada. They did cost a few dollars, with the $ exchange, duty, brokerage fees, but look great, colour matching my truck
  • I want to buy an '02 SE 5-speed for my wife. She's worn out our old '87 FJ60 Land Cruiser. The local DC-area dealers don't want to work with us on locating a truck. So two questions:

1) What about the CarMax special order service?

2) What are the biggest Nissan dealerships along the East Coast and close by Midwest? Can I likely do a good internet deal through them? And dropship the truck to a place locally?

TIA, all.
  • crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    I've heard (have not personally tried them) that they will search the vehicle for you and do all the necessary arrangements to have it sent to you. It might be worth looking into.
  • dlundgrendlundgren Posts: 17
    If anyone's looking for a laugh, take a walk over to the Honda Pilot discussion. Those people are getting charged $900 for step rails, $795 for Scotchguard, all kinds of excesses for something that you can't see out the roof and have to click the odometer button twice to see the temperature.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,910
    I know you know the way to the Pathfinder vs. Pilot comparision discussion. :-)
    Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • pathstarpathstar Posts: 201
    There is a black plate with two studs going through it on the drivers side firewall. It comes off when you remove the nuts, revealing a hole into the passenger cabin by the pedals. I drilled a hole in the plate and used a strain relief grommet to pass a cable into the cabin.
  • ced1ced1 Posts: 8
    Give Tri-State Nissan in Winchester, VA a call at 1-888-496-6867. That is where I ended up after the local Wash DC dealers wouldn't work with me. They found what I wanted in Hagerstown MD and brought it back for me. Good Luck.
    Thanks for the information on routing a wire into the passenger compartment!
  • pitrottpitrott Posts: 37
    Well yes that is a chunk of change! but my dealer has the lifetime parts thing going so yippi, they way it going i will never have to pay for a new part! hehehe
    pit