Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• jcashjcash Posts: 6
    Ok i thought i fixed everything . I not liking this pathfinder Let me add the List again! i have it less than 5 months now i just changed the brake master cyclinder pump, Previous to that was the fuel pump . Calipers Rotors, Brake Pads, Fuel Pump, Water Pump , Timming Belt. POwer Window switch , What else can go wrong with this car!!!! """""THE RADIATOR HAS 10 PIN HOLES THAT LEAK '''' SO I WENT OUT TO AUTOZONE AND BOUGHT A NEW ONE.

I HAVE A QUESTION I HAD MY WATER PUMP CHANGED THE MECHANIC SAID ITS CONNECTED TO THE TIMMING BELT! SO HE HAD TO DO THE TIMMING OVER. NOW THE ENGINE SHAKES AND IDLES VERY WEIRD NOT TO ADD THAT HE SAID I DROVE THE CAR TO LONG WITH A LEAK COMMING OUT THE WATER PUMPED SO I BURNED ONE OF THE CYLINDER PISTONS . SO MY 1995 NISSAN PATHFINDER SE IS NO LONGER A V6 ITS A V5 5 CYLINDERS WORKING IS THIS POSSIBLE?
  • millarmillar Posts: 17
    Does anyone know whether two infant car seats and one child car seat will all fit on the second row of seats?

If not, has anyone had two infant car seats in the second row with the child car seat in the third row? If so, is the second row able to be tilted forward without having to disconnect the infant seat/tether?

Many thanks.
  • rwrsrrwrsr Posts: 4
    Does anyone know why there is no privacy shade for hiding packages in the rear of the '06 PF? Is there a place to buy an aftermarket shade? Thanks.
  • nissan17nissan17 Posts: 1
    The dealer told me it was because of the third row seats. When the 3rd row is up there is only a small section behind. It doesn't make sense to me either because I usually always have the 3rd row flat for storage area. I also noticed that are fixtures in the rear that look like they are for attaching a sliding shade like the old pathfinder which doesn't make sense. I searched for aftermarket and oem ones for 05-06 pathfinders but couldn't find anything. I really miss that option.
  • rwrsrrwrsr Posts: 4
    Thanks Nissan17. I guess we will just have to throw a blanket over the items in the back and hope for the best.
  • levy76levy76 Posts: 8
    Hey. Have you recieved any responses to this? I am having the same problem(s).
  • shark715shark715 Posts: 380
    This was more than a year ago...I don't recall receiving any responses on this forum. It was my intention to write Nissan a letter demanding a refund, but I have to admit I never got around to doing so. On the other hand, there is no reason I can't write the letter now. I'd love to find someone for whom Nissan agreed to pay for this upgrade after the emissions warranty expired...obviously it would make my case stronger. What is your situation? Has your dealer already reprogrammed your computer?
  • brown3brown3 Posts: 26
    Just bought an '06 Pathfinder LE 4x4, and upon reading the manual I found out it has an "event data recorder" which records how the vehicle has been driven - something that could potentially be subpoenaed by law enforcement.

I'm a good driver - no tickets or at-fault collisions in over 30 years - but I really don't like the idea of a "Big Brother" type black box keeping constant tabs on me.

Any ideas on where the box is located or how to go about disconnecting it?
  • brown3brown3 Posts: 26
    I have an '06 LE 4x4, and I know what you mean - I used it quite a bit on my '93 Explorer.

If you look inside the vehicle on either side just behind the 2nd row seats, you'll see a couple of plastic plugs just below window level covering niches that look like they're in EXACTLY the place the privacy shade ought to be anchored. Combined with the notch on the right and and serpentine groove on the left you see just inside the rear hatch, I'd say they originally planned to include a retractable privacy shade, but some Nissan bean-counter deleted it to save a few bucks. :(

The guy at the dealer's parts counter searched his database for me . . . he said it was called a "tonneau cover" but it apparently didn't exist.

I'm going to see if I can adapt an ordinary retractable spring-loaded window shade . . . if I can find a suitable shade in an acceptable color, fabricating the rest doesn't look too hard.

I wish the 3rd row seat was optional . . . I just keep it folded and use the back for cargo, same as nissan17 . . .
  • phalanxphalanx Posts: 5
    what year is this,se? 3.3 or 3.5?
    damn was this a lease vehicle?
  • Folks, just bought my "new" 1991 Pathfinder. The shocks need replacement and I'm probably going with KYB gas-a-just shocks. Does anyone think it's worth spending the extra $$$'s for Bilstein?
    Also, from the look of it, replacing the shocks seems to be a rather simple jack car up, unbolt and bolt on affair. Am I wrong?
    Thanks!!! :)
  • I have a 2002 Pathfinder with 71k miles. Recently developed an exhaust noise that sounds to be coming for the passenger side exhaust manifold.
    I haven't been able to verify the location yet.
    I used to do my own car repairs, usually exhaust and brake type stuff. Been away from it for a while. Should I attempt this repair and what are the pitfalls.

Thanks. :)
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Posts: 1,015
    If you're lucky, it's just the downpipe leaking at the flange. If it's a cracked manifold you -may- have to release the motor mounts and deflect the engine to the other side to get enough room to replace it. xplorer4 can probably comment further.
    It's tight in there.

The previous engines (3.0 and 3.3 L) had some problems with manifolds cracking. I haven't heard anyone complaining about the VQ 3.5 L engine manifolds.

I hope it's just the downpipe. I don't want to be replacing my exhaust manifolds!
  • swaireswaire Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased an extended warranty on a new 06 pathfinder? If so, could you please share what you paid and the details (deductible, millage, etc..). I recently purchased an 06 SE with comfort package and have not decided on the extended warranty. I'd like to have some negotiation power when I call the dealership next week.
    Thanks!
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    Before attempting to fix it yourself, check with the dealer to see if the manifolds are covered under an unadvertised extended warranty. On the 3.3L engines, manifolds were covered up to 100,000 miles.

Get a quote from the dealer to see how much it will cost, then consider whether it's worth your time. Personally, I would pay to have it done, and I'm a decent backyard mechanic. There are just some things I'd rather let someone else do.

If you do choose to do it yourself, it's fortunate that the driver's side manifold is OK. It's a lot harder to replace.
  • My 02 Pathfinder has 72000 mi. on it with the original belts.
    I've noticed small random cracks on the inside (ribbed) surface of the belts and I'm assuming that it is time to change these belts.
    I'd like to do this myself and I'm wondering how complicated a job it is. I consider myself mechanically inclined and have done some moderate car repairs in the past. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Does anyone know if there is a retrofit kit for a 2001 Pathfinder to add LATCH points? The middle seatbelt really doesn't hold our car seat securely enough. I'd rather retrofit before I try one of thos "sardine can" winders that take up all the slop in the belt.
  • Hi, I'd like to purchase a pathfinder where one or more of the seats in the second and third row fold flat, I know they make them for the 2006 but I'd like to get something used, anyone know?
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    Only 05+ have 3rd row seats. In 96-04, there's no third row, but the 2nd row seats fold nearly flat.

Why do you need fold-flat seats?
  • Has anyone seen the new desert stone color in person? I've seen it on several websites and in print but I'm curious how it looks in real life. Is it more like gold or copper or...?

I've been holding out for a red brawn or majestic blue Pathy with desert interior and navi but that combo has proven very hard to find in Washington State. The new color may be a worthwhile option.

Love to hear your opinions on it... thanks.