Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• In response to your message. What if my nissan dealer does not install remote starts? I found a local shop that can install one. They said the unit installed would be $250.00 plus I would have to purchase an aditional key for it. The starter is made by AC Delco and it will work with my factory remote. They said I would just have to press the lock button twice. Do you think it would void my warranty? How do you like the remote start? Does it work well for you?
  • for those of you that asked...
    "Michele" is the person I talked to on 2/18
    offering the 2001 PF with all the fixins for $5,000 off MSRP. she said they were only running the special on the ones with nav/entertainment. MSRP is $36,000. They have a web site. www.portcitynissan.com
    Their inventory is listed on the site as well.
    good luck
  • I got an offer today from a Nissan dealer for a new Burnt Cherry Pathfinder LE 2wd with Tan Interior with a navigation system. It was actually $29,800 plus tax. Is that a good deal?
  • does anybody know anything about the 2002 PF?
    where can I find out? when will they start to appear?
  • I'm not finding any reasonable deals for buying a new 2001 Pathfinder out here in SE Washington State, and plan to take a trip to Canada soon.
    Can anybody help me find a message I saw posted here about a month ago, concerning a free package that described all the details about purchasing a car in Canada?
    Help is much appreciated...Thanks...Rick
  • It's all in the FAQ, on my website, which I'm not allowed to hyperlink here because the managers at Edmunds.com seem to consider it "soliciting."

Send me an e-mail and I'll tell you where it is.

--Howie
  • Response to 1337: RICKW4

You can go back and read Msg# 672 ( or go to the top of this page, right corner and enter this number 672). I think Jon will happy to help you out.

Good Luck

Kevin
  • lofquistlofquist Posts: 281
    Rick,
    My email address is jonlofquist@aol.com. Drop me a note and I'll be able to answer questions and give you details and contact for buying from Canada. I think we're up to about 25 now who have done it. Also more info is at post #2 above.
    -Jon
  • I need some advise on what kind of Synthetic LSD gear oil and Synthetic ATF other than Amsoil (I can't find their products in my area) to use on my 01'PF LE. Thanks for your time as always.-AW
  • lofquistlofquist Posts: 281
    aspenwhite,
    Take a look at RedLine (www.redlineoils.com). They are very popular with many of the perfomance car groups I participate in or read (Merkur, Audi, Volkswagen, Suzuki,...). They have a variey of products and weights for transmission, transfer case, and differential. Not cheap ($8 a quart), but can feel the difference. VERY noticable below zero with a 5spd for instance. I have all the correct products for the Path written down at home. Or you can call them and they will help. They sell direct I think, but I usually order by mail from either Summit or another company (forgot the name - it's also at home).
    -Jon
  • How good is the rear window deflector on the 01 LE? When driving in the snow, does it keep the road spray off the window? I don't have one and found that I had to keep the rear window wipers on in order to see through the window.
  • bdk4bdk4 Posts: 3
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your reply on the 4WDH to 2WD quesiton. Your scenario is exactly what happens - coming off a snow covered side street to a main roadway.
    I've since found that by putting the truck into park at a stoplight, there are a lot in Chicagoland, also sends it back to 2WD quickly.
    Thanks again!
  • If I buy a 2001 X4 LE for all options except Navigation for an out of the door price of 32400, is it a good deal in Virginia (about 4.5% tax, and 250 Processiong fee).
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Don't forget, 5-6pm Pacific tonight! Hope to see some of you there!

http://www.edmunds.com/chat/cartalk022001.html?id=hphall2.cartalk2
  • Thanks lofquist! BTW and before I call them, do you know the capacities for the transmission, transfer case and differential? TIA.-AW
  • Thanx Everyone for the information,

I want to ask about increasing the performance on my PF 99.5 LE
    Did anyone try anything out?
    Does the K&N work on the 99.5?

Thanx
  • rman2rman2 Posts: 6
    Does anyone out there know if 3.9 and $500 rebate is going to continue til March? Dealers around here are very tight lipped. A post I read earlier said that Nissan offered $1000 rebate last weekend(in CA I think). Also, the dealer I've been working with says that Nissan adds $500 advertising charge to all of his invoices (which I have seen). Is this a legitimate charge and has anyone else experienced it?
  • I have been the proud owner of a 2001 Pathfinder LE since Aug. 2000, but today I am ticked off. I have been very happy with my rig thus far, but I had a rotten experience today which has left me irritated to say the least. I had one CD in my player, and to the best of my recollection had listened to it all the way through two times. When I attempted to eject it, I got an ERR 2 message, and I haven't been able to use the CD player since. I finally got around to taking it in, and my local dealership attempted to correct the problem. They were unable to get the CD out, and to make matters worse they produced a memo (From Nissan or Clarion) which states that this has been a fairly common problem due to human error. They are claiming that people are improperly loading CD's when the red light on their player is on. My contention is that the CD could not be improperly loaded if I listened to it. My local dealership said that all they could do was to order a new player (at my cost) and I would have to take up my concern with Clarion. What???? I am extremely ticked off. What good is a warranty if the dealership can pull this kind of nonsense? I should add that I bought my PF out of the area because I got a much better deal elsewhere. I know this should not matter. I am looking for suggestions. I haven't been on this message board in months , so I don't know if anyone else has had this same problem. Help!!
  • li_sailorli_sailor Posts: 1,081
    Assuming you mean 4WD LE with all opts but Nav...that's an invoice of 33,022. Your price of 32,400 (assuming that includes 4.5% tax and lic/reg and there are no other charges) is 30,766 before tax & lic/reg which is $2,256 below invoice. I guess they're giving them away now.
  • My thanks to Kevin (msg 1333), Howie (msg 1332), and Jon (msg 1334) for info about this subject. Have contacted Jon, but don't know how to contact you, Howie. I'm at RWilliford9949@hotmail.com....Rick
  • lofquist,
    I got all the capacities from meca2's posting #811. I think #811 should be in the FAQ. Thanks to both of you.-AW
  • li_sailorli_sailor Posts: 1,081
    See posts #1058 & #1064 on this subject.

Mbunting...any update on your CD changer replacement? cause?

I really don't want this to happen and wonder what circumstances cause this, unless it's simply that some players are defective.

I don't undersdtand the 'human error' bit about loading CDs when the red light is on...how does one do this? As I recall, the light for any one (or more) of the six slots is red to indicate that a CD is loaded in that slot. Solid green for a slot means that slot is playing. To load a CD, you press the button of an empty slot, its green light starts flashing and when the 'wait' msg turns to 'load', you put in the CD. It seems that you can't put a CD in at any other time. Pressing the button of a slot showing red makes that slot play. Sounds like they're BSing you big time. I would contact Nissan NA directly.
  • Will Nissan and/or Infiniti make a larger model than the Pathfinder/QX4? Where can I find info on this?
  • I spoke with a dealer in the Los Angeles area today who said the 3.9% will continue through March and he has seen it advertised (LA Times or other local paper.) I was feeling the same pressure to buy that you are but figure with all the good deals I've seen things probably won't change much in the near future.

Please re-check the 3.9% through March with another source or email me and I'll give you the contact info of the dealer who told me this. I don't want you to miss out on a good deal because there is always a chance that I was misinformed. :-)
  • I'm considering the PF for my next vehicle, but a few, and I stress a few, posts regarding the AWD spin-outs have me concerned. I'm not a 4WD expert, but why not just stick with the 4WD high and not worry about any changes (mix of ice/snow)in road conditions. Although, I would think that we would hear of more spin-outs from other makes AWD vehicles. What am I missing??

Thanks,
    Otto
  • Regarding your 4.5% sales tax....

I talked to a dealer and they said the sales tax in VA for autos is 3.2%.

Not sure why its lower than the retail sales tax (4.5%) though??
  • phil47phil47 Posts: 394
    I think pespringer/Nissan/Clarion is referring to the red light on either side of the cd insertion slot that turns green when it's OK to insert the CD (along with the message on the display).
  • Hi out there, I was shopping for a totally different vehicle,thinking the PA was to expensive for my wallet. I just want to crunch the numbers with the (3.9%) so I stop into a Nissan dealership. drove the PA and love it. These are the offers I got, are they good? I could not sleep last night, I could almost taste this SUB. SE 4x4, sunroof,without leather package,$28,666, I pay taxes,ad fees, etc. The SE 4x4 with the leather package, sunroof, $30,614.00. The EL 4x4 all toys and bells, sunroof etc. minus the navigation system $31,254.00 plus taxes, ad fee. I just would like to know what you All think. I have not done a lot of research on pricing, I believe the vehicle is solid otherwise. Thanks for all of your help in advance. I will need to make a decision by Sat to get the 3.9%. Bye for now.
  • PF = Pathfinder EL = LE
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,919
    You have 30 minutes to make any changes or fixes after you post a message. Just click on the Edit button that follows your message after you post it.

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.