Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• goose1207goose1207 Posts: 113
    XPLORER2: I'm in the Braintree area. I heard that there is a good car wash in Allston but that's kind of a hike, not to mention that I don't know where it specifically is.

I filled the tank this morning and it took 19.6 gallons of gas. I drove about 75 miles more, after the low fuel indicator came on. That means I had almost a gallon and a half left, good for at least another 20 miles.
  • Negotiated $31,200 for loaded LE AWD @ 3.9%, everything except NAV & Ent. Pick up this weekend. Anyone use 1SourceAutoWarranty posted on edmunds or WarrantyGold.com for extended warranty for their Pathfinder. The dealer offered me $1500 for 7 year/100,000. These other 3rd party warranty companies are around $900 - any opinions on these?

Normally I would not buy an extend warranty, but when I test drove one last night (not the one I'm buying), the whole electrical system failed. None of the gauges on the dash worked at all (odometer, speedometer, gas gauge, whole 9 yards). Left us stranded on the highway.
  • tonychrystonychrys Posts: 1,310
    PFs are reliable vehicles. Sure, there will be one or two bad apples, but that's rare. Ask anyone here.

I would not buy the extended warranty... at least not for now. Most of these warranties can be purchased as long as the car is still under the orginal warranty. You don't have to buy it right away.

Here's a better idea: Take the $1500 you were going to spend/finance and put it into a CD or other investment instrument. You won't need it for three years anyway since the factory warranty lasts that long. Then if something happens to happen down the road, you'll have the cash to cover it. But the odds are you won't need to.

Just my 2-cents.
    TC
  • jkidd2jkidd2 Posts: 218
    Hi Everyone...I am very interested in buying a new Pathfinder LE, but I won't really be in the market for one until next year. I hear that Nissan is planning a complete redesign of the Pathfinder for 2002. Has anyone seen a spy photo that they can direct me to? I hear its going to be bigger than the current model, which I think is the most handsome of all the mid-size SUV's on the market. My biggest concern is that Nissan is going to bring out some new design similar to the new 2001 Frontier, which I absolutely hate.

Any news on the 2002 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • apb3apb3 Posts: 11
    Still haven't managed to pick up a used PF at a good price. Re the shimmy I am seeing a lot of in recent submissions. The Ottawa Citizen has an article on the PF today, gives a great review but mentions some bewares. The shimmy is listed, quote ".. a break judder or steering shimmy may be traced to excessive brake rotor thickness in one or more brakes NTB94002, feb 94..."

Does this refer to the problems you are talking about??
  • tonychrystonychrys Posts: 1,310
    Full redesign not until MY2003.

http://www.freshalloy.com/

TC

• lofquistlofquist Posts: 281
    Auto lamp delay is also not adjustable. Shop manual makes reference to a minimum 20 sec delay, but that's all.

And I'll mention it again for good measure. You can still go to Canada and get your loaded LE AWD for just over $28,000. Look at my post #2 above (type a "2" in the "Go To" box at the top left of this page.

-Jon.
  • ...but I would like to invite you to the new Nissan Pathfinder Club, which is on the Owner's Clubs Board. When you have an opportunity, stop by, introduce yourself, and let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club's folder.

For your convenience, this discussion will also reside in the Club folder.

Hope to see you there soon!

KarenS

Owner's Club Host

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    and visit the Nissan Pathfinder Club. Thanks to our gracious host, KarenS.
  • pathstarpathstar Posts: 201
    I don't know if it's just mine, but the tank is listed at holding 80 litres. When I fill it I get about 65 litres in and the nossle cuts off. If I'm really patient, I can -slowly- add the remaining 15 litres (that's almost 4 US gallons for you mericans ;-). That's a pretty large "expansion area". I plan on trying to fix this so I can fill it right up. Expansion has never been an issue when I'm on a highway trip. That's when you need the 80 litre capacity! Anyone else troubled by this?
  • how fast you till up the tank has a something to do with how much you can fit into to your tank. the faster you fill, the more "expansion" you'll seem to have.

-kj
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Links are very tricky here on WebX. Karen's link will let folks arrive there still logged in. I think yours will take them there but also log them out.

Take a look at how Karen did hers - let me know if you have any questions.

Pat
    Host
    SUV Message Board
  • I didn't make this very clear before....this particular discussion will always reside on the SUV board. You will not be taken away from here! One of the cool features of this software is that a discussion can "live" in more than one place.

Hope that clears up any questions!

KarenS
    Owner's Club Host

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• pat01pat01 Posts: 23
    Loboy, make sure your installed new windshield still contains the Diversity antenna.

Looking25, I am very interested in where you test drove a vehicle with a faulty electrical system. My PF AWD LE was returned to me on Monday after 59 days in the shop for the same problem in Madison, WI at Kayser Nissan. I was told that they finally swapped out the circuit board on my vehicle with one off the lot. Were you really left stranded? Has anyone else ever had or heard of this problem?
  • loboyloboy Posts: 75
    I was just thinking about it as I was driving home last night but thanks for the reminder. Do you know if there are any connections that need to be made or just open contacts with the vehicle for grounding?
  • li_sailorli_sailor Posts: 1,081
    Hi, folks...picked up an LE w/all but Nav/Ent for 31,500 here on LI, NY this evening. So far, all is great, will be spending some time w/the manual tomorrow. Thanks to all on this list that helped me with info & advice. See you in the NPC (Nissan Pathfinder Club)...and here, too, I guess.
  • I leased the 1999.5 SE. It currently has 26k miles. Most of my driving is highway. The roads are pretty good. Couldn't get rid of the shimmy. They even measured my vehicle. Steering did improve when they replaced a worn steering knuckle, but the shimmy came back. It does't matter, Nissan is taking it back. I'm going to miss it, but based upon other reports that I have seen in NHTSA, I'm probably better off with another type of vehicle.
  • songxusongxu Posts: 2
    Hi everyone:

I have been a frequent readers of the pathfinder message board, this is my first time to post. I have a 1996 black Nissan Pathfinder that I purchased used one year ago. Great SUV, very very comfortable for long trips. I put 30,000 miles last year, love the low speed torque of the engine. The looking of the PF is great, I love it and I would like to keep it for another 10 years (if possible). However, I notice that the PF suspension is not very robust. First repair was 6 month ago. THe suspension developed a rattle sound when hit even a very small bump or road up and down. The dealer changed a part I remember called "swing bar" (I may be wrong on the name". The PF develope another very light rattle sound 2 months later. Busy on work, I did not pay attention. 2 month ago, the PF drifts on high way speed, when cold, it drift to the left, after more than 20 miles, it drift to the right, need frequent correction on the steering. And the direction of the car also feel not "self correct". So need full alert in steering. The feeling is subtle, but noticable in compare to my company car Ford Explorer. I had the local repair shop did a tire rotation and 4 wheel alighment. Feels better, after that. However, after 2 weeks, the PF feels drifting again. It does not bother me if driving on local, but a 50 mile freeway trip is tireson. So everyday, my wife does not like the PF and fights to drive my Explorer. I need your input, what seems wrong, and if I bring the PF to a dealer, what should I expect.

THank you guys.
  • songxusongxu Posts: 2
    Hi everyone:

I have been a frequent readers of the pathfinder message board, this is my first time to post. I have a 1996 black Nissan Pathfinder that I purchased used one year ago. Great SUV, very very comfortable for long trips. I put 30,000 miles last year, love the low speed torque of the engine. The looking of the PF is great, I love it and I would like to keep it for another 10 years (if possible). However, I notice that the PF suspension is not very robust. First repair was 6 month ago. THe suspension developed a rattle sound when hit even a very small bump or road up and down. The dealer changed a part I remember called "swing bar" (I may be wrong on the name". The PF develope another very light rattle sound 2 months later. Busy on work, I did not pay attention. 2 month ago, the PF drifts on high way speed, when cold, it drift to the left, after more than 20 miles, it drift to the right, need frequent correction on the steering. And the direction of the car also feel not "self correct". So need full alert in steering. The feeling is subtle, but noticable in compare to my company car Ford Explorer. I had the local repair shop did a tire rotation and 4 wheel alighment. Feels better, after that. However, after 2 weeks, the PF feels drifting again. It does not bother me if driving on local, but a 50 mile freeway trip is tireson. So everyday, my wife does not like the PF and fights to drive my Explorer. I need your input, what seems wrong, and if I bring the PF to a dealer, what should I expect.

THank you guys.
  • I got the bad info that the nav system was non gps from the sales guy! He also sells VW's, and Isuzu's in a kind of auto outlet mall setup. He seems to be a lot more on top of the VW stuff than Nissan's, but he doesn't BS me on the price so I deal with it. I kind of thought $1999 was an aweful lot of money for a nav system if it didn't have gps to track your position. I just assumed it was GPS until he told me it wasn't. Now you have tempted me again, but I will probably have to refrain. Thanks for clearing that up as I would hate to stear others wrong. Only a few more days until we pick ours up!