Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• couimetcouimet Posts: 130
    I agree that this is a great roof top carrier - It takes no space when not in use but holds 13 cubic feet when needed. Beats the rigid cargo boxes for occasional users of rooftop carriers. Mine is always in the "truck" ready for use when needed ...
  • mbuntingmbunting Posts: 158
    I'm looking at the following:

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE AWD (Sierra Silver)

Floor Mats
    In-Cabin Microfilter
    Tow Hitch III
    Body Color Side Moldings
    Sunroof Wind Deflector
    Nissan Mobile Entertainment System
    Leather Package

Only option not on it: Limited Slip

Out the door price of $32046 including fees ($48)
    Not including Tax-Title-Lisc.

What do you all think? Looks like I'm paying about $800 under invoice
    After talking with the salesman again on the phone I found out that a couple of the options I listed above are not on this particular Pathfinder: (Tow Hitch & Microfilter)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE AWD (Sierra Silver)

Floor Mats
    Body Color Side Moldings
    Sunroof Wind Deflector
    Nissan Mobile Entertainment System
    Leather Package

Only options not on it: Limited Slip, Tow Hitch, Microfilter

Out the door price of $32013
    Not including Tax-Title-Lisc.

Now it looks like I'm paying about $400 or so under invoice.
    If you purchase a Pathfinder without the In-Cabin Microfilter, is it possible to add one after purchase?

I thought I remember reading that you would have to cut out an opening somewhere in the dash to install one if you didn't originally get the MF when you ordered it? This may be on an Xterra, I can't remember, can anyone confirm?

Thanks
  • danogdanog Posts: 318
    mailbox! I go outta town for one week and wack, we have a nice little dent in the front right quarter panel. At least it didn't break the paint. Oh well, it is still a great vehicle, just has more character now.
    Ruski, saw your hidden response about wind chill and I'd have to agree with you. It is a media buzz word that creates more interest in the weather portion of the news.
  • Looks like a good deal to me. You will rest easy at night, especially after driving the PF for a while. Each day it proves it was worth every dime. A rarity in Autos nowadays.
  • How many people here got the NAV system for their 2001 Pathfinder?
  • I am looking at a 1997 pf with 37,000 miles. The condumer reports says it has average reliability for that year. Anyone have one they are happy or unhappy with. Any comments. Should I buy it?????
  • duperduper Posts: 127
    Katherinem,

I have 1999 Pathfinder which is excatly the same as the '97. It's been 35,000 miles and it's great. As far as I know, 1997 is the second year of the new design so some of the existed bugs probably already got worked out. If the price is right, and with only 37,000 miles on it, it shouldn't give you any problems.

Good luck
    Finally I put on the side mouldings for my 99 SE. They look great, give the truck a perception of being longer. The process was not that difficult, about 30 min or less. As Phil47 mentioned earlier, the tricky part was the measuring tape. If you lined it up straight, your moulding will look like dealer installed :). Unfortunately, mine is about 98% straight :(.
    If you're considering adding this, I recomment shopping around. I got mine at nissanpartsusa.com and the price is pretty high. I found out later that at nissan-accessories.com it's much cheaper but they only listed 2000-2001 model. I think 96-2001 has the same doors and body panels so I'm not sure why different models were listed.

I'm taking it to Tahoe snow next week and have some fun...yeahhhhh

Wish I have a digi camera...ohh well.. that's for x-mas.. take care everyone
  • lzzzlzzz Posts: 4
    The navigation system in the PF is great because it gives a bird eye view. You could also zoom in for a closer view. I think Nissan has one of the best Navigation system out there. The only downfall is that you have to update the cd every 6 months with all the road changes. Also, there are some mistakes in the system. I would only get the Nav. system if I am a frequent traveler. Other than that, I wouldn't spend that extra $1,200.
  • I'd like to get the wood trim piece for the passenger a/c vent on the le. Do you have a good phone number for autostock? Thanks.
  • loboyloboy Posts: 75
    duper-I'm also adding the side mouldings for my 01 LE. I bought mine at nissanpartsusa about 2.5 weeks ago (still waiting though). Just for the fun of it, I checked the prices on nissan-accessories and they were more expensive, $2.51 each to be exact (you have to buy 2 of them-left and right). That goes for all the other accessories. Granted I was comparing the 2001 models. Right now, nissan-accessories has free shipping (UPS ground), so that could make up the difference. You're right about shopping around though. Btw, how long did you have to wait for yours to arrive? I think 2.5 weeks is an extremely long time for any shipment. Guess I'll e-mail them tomorrow.

Have fun on your Tahoe trip. Let us know how the PF does.
    It took 2 weeks+1 day for the part to arrive at the...wrong address. It got delivered to my old house even though I repeatedly (twice) told the guy taking order via the phone of my new address. When found out it was the wrong house via tracking number (they never send you a tracking number, you have to email then and ask), I called UPS and they said Nissanpartusa has to issue a re-direction in order for the to retrieve it ( it could take up to 2 weeks). I ended up jumping the fences to pick it up in front of the door at the old house (no one was home, they seem to out of town for the weekend or something).

One advice though, do not peel the red cover tape on the back of the moulding all the way out. Just pull out enough (3+ inches or so) to have to initial stick and slowly pull the tape out and align the moulding. Make sure it's straight before press on it because once it has pressure it sticks like hair on crazy glue.

Goodluck and keep us update on it.

Have fun
  • Send George an email at autostock@home.com . George also emailed me a "map" of all the parts/kits that were available for my `01. I ended up getting pieces for around the interior door handles and for the overhead console. They look great and hard to distinguish from OEM. I think I started all of this with AutoStock back in September and George told me he had no problem with me giving him a plug in this forum so hopefully he's still as accommodating
  • mek7mek7 Posts: 3
    The dealer was going to take too long to bleed the brakes so I just went with the oil change. Maybe when I can drop it off I will have them bled. I wasn't going to sit there for 3 hours.

I was prepared to pay for the oil change but the service guy comped it "since it was my first time in the service department". Not bad.
  • dannykadannyka Posts: 115
    thekozman1
    I have a '99 SE which did not come with the hook for the car seat. I had to buy and install it myself. At some point, they became required and so is now included with yours.

katherinem,
    I have a friend at work with a '97 PF. She has about 55K miles on it and has not had a problem with it as far as I know (or at least was worth telling me about).

-Dan
  • I have a 1997 LE - burned through tires at 21,000 miles. Vehicle is otherwise great. I'm in a dispute with Nissan about what I feel (and others on this board) is premature wear due to the front-end (struts...) Other than the posts here and NHTSA sites, anyone having any additional info to support the idea of the vehicle being responsible as opposed to just the tires? If anyone has a copy of the "Plastics and Rubber" magazine article that supposedly made mention of this issue, please let me know. Any and all help appreciated. This is my 2nd PF and I've raved about both of them. But if Nissan won't admit there is something amiss here, I may need to revisit my feelings about Nissan cust. svc and products... Thanks in advance.
  • I also hav CD-Rs in my changer, so far no problems yet. I've noticed that the people who uses the Shuffle function (which in mix the songs in different CDs) have that problem. I think, from my opinion, it's the changer that's over working then it goes bad. so I would stay away from the shuffle function. Anyone else got another opinion?

Crikey: Yeah, I got a lot of modify civic and other cars that makes on sense. blue blinker, clear lenses, big exhaust( and I mean big). I guess the cops will leave me alone for my headlights. Well I guess I'll have to wait for the 4runner vs pathfinder discussion group to come back on.
    Love my PF, just got my first oil change. It's been great so far. Just went skiing this past weekend, kind of want to drive the PF up to the ski slopes like the commerical. then I decided not to. Hahahaha

Enjoy your PF guys.
  • I have a 2000 4WD LE that just isn't what I wanted in an SUV :( I want to either sell it or trade it in and checked kbb.com which gave a $25K price for trade and $32K for retail! I can't believe it's that high (I paid $28.8 a year ago). I'm just curious to see what people are paying for used 2000's. If I can even get the $25K I'll trade it in tomorrow :) Any info would be great - thanks.