Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) 2005 and earlier

Comments

• cticctic Posts: 291
    No one takes responsibility anymore. You guys remember that Chevy Malibu(?) case where a drunk driver rear-ended the Chevy and the family got burned because their car caught fire? GM was fined a few billion bucks. It's a wonder the drunk driver didn't sue either for rear-ending such a "dangerous" vehicle. I feel so sick on hearing the verdict I should sue for emotional damages too.

Maybe the next time we rear-end someone we should sue MB too for making such a "powerful" vehicle. These lawsuits have become a travesty. And no judge is brave enough to throw these lawsuits out?
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    I do remember that, but I think that was also GM's fault. It was pretty appalling and it was all about profits. IMHO, it served them right. Read all about it here:

http://www.freep.com/business/gmfire7_20000107.htm

One of the good thing about MB being run by engineers was that they didn't skimp on safety even in the early days. There were problems with the engineers running the company, but that's for another time.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • thor8thor8 Posts: 303
    We are witnessing a new trend in the justice (Unjustice?) system. The strategy is to deflect guilt by finding another cause.

If that is the case anything can be rationalized and argued. Only the intelligent and educated can stay focus and separate the wheat from the chaff.

I thought the basic principle of justice was to punish the guilty, no more no less.
  • rexconde1rexconde1 Posts: 278
    That it was the people's fault for getting in front of the SUV!

I think that they should sue the people for damage to the ML55 and the distraught to the lady.

:)

Robert
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Don't blame the justice system, which works just fine. The problem lies with the greedy morons and lawyers trying to avoid responsibility for their actions and make a buck in the process.
    Yes, but keep in mind that the lawyers, plaintifs and defendants are part of the justice system, so are jurors and judges, if any segment manipulates the system for their own advantage then it is wrong.

The system was never intended to operate the way is operating today, if we go to the past most of this stuff would be called ABSURD.

Endless academic dicussions, theories, hypothesis, detract from the main goal which is to get to the point.

My view
  • rexconde1rexconde1 Posts: 278
    Parktronic!

luckliy (in an attempt to sway the conversation back on topic) on the 2002 Parkronic will be available as an option. to assist in situations such as this...

Robert
  • pooliopoolio Posts: 18
    The problem with todays society is that nobody's at falt for there actions,whether it would be murder, or eny other crimial act,nobody takes responsibality for there actions.It's never there FALT.
  • tonychrystonychrys Posts: 1,310
    Living on LI, and regularly visiting/working in Manhattan and the Hamptons, I have to weigh in on this one.

Lizzie Grubman is the type of person that decent, average folks hate. Snob personified. Thinks she is god's gift to the world. The "white trash" comment is a dead giveaway, make yourself feel better by putting down others.

If her lawyer somehow gets away with blaming the vehicle for this one, I'm turning in my Human Race club card.

WRT to Parktronic, it would have been worse! Why? Becuase the radar would have helped her zero in on more folks 8-P
    GET YOUR CARD READY. (you may need it)

I am sorry, for almost two years I have been talking about ML's from every angle, while I rant about this incident I will charge my batteries for some more ML talk.
  • medservamedserva Posts: 1
    I took possession of a ML320 today. By reading the posts here and collecting all the info that Edmund's offered, along with input from Drew, I was able to get the ML for $305.00 over invoice. I had expected there might be hard negotiating with the salesman, but that was not the case. It was a hassle-free experience. The 67-mile drive home from the dealership was a pleasure.
  • djdjdjdj Posts: 111
    Welcome to the group. Driving the ML gets better everyday.
  • pooliopoolio Posts: 18
    My ML320 tows two ATV's(Sportsman 500)Polaris every weekend total wt 1900lbs,including trailor.Handles beautifully.
  • a32a32 Posts: 6
    Hi,

Anyone with any tips to share about hood covers. I ordered an upper mask for my ML320 and now am considering the lower mask also. Is the lower mask a bother when washing ?

Thanks
  • itsuiitsui Posts: 15
    I just wondering the chrome front grill for the ML55 from the Clairparts. Does it came with the whole grill or just the chrome insert? I have a 01' ML320 (silver) and I painted the whole grill with the silver color. My wife hates it!(I thought it looks cool.) That's why she wants me to order the other grill to replace it. Well, she is the BOSS !!! :( Please help and thanks a lot.
  • cticctic Posts: 291
    It's the whole grill. According to Drew our host, it's just a tad smaller than the regular ML grill but fits fine.
  • lemongrasslemongrass Posts: 21
    Hello everyone! I got my '01 430 for about a month now and the driving is GREAT! There were some minor issues but they were resolved under warranty. However, I'm little bit disappointed in the quality of craftsmanship. Could it be b/c it was built in Alabama?
  • proteus456proteus456 Posts: 65
    What kind of issues? I'm curious (have 2002ML on order)
  • bbilly11bbilly11 Posts: 3
    Hi guys, I am not sure if this was ever discussed but needed some help/info. Any idea what will be the changes on the '02 ML320? I thought MB changes shapes every 7 yrs. am I wrong?

Also are ML being dicounted because of 02 model by how much? and would it be worth waiting?

One more favor I have a 95 C280MB, VERY LOW miles what is the best way to sell it any websites?. If I sell it on my own I might get a little more than what dealers will pay...If not big differnce between ML 320 01 and 02 I might get the 01 ML 320 ....Any advice would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU
  • the ML2002 will add ML500 a 5 l V8 in place of ML430..

therre will be auto air, minor styling cue updates. intergrated fog lamps, window curtain air bags(not sure if front only), 17in wheels tires std on ML320 now..there other enhancements as well..I have no idea on pricing...

http://www.mercedes.com/e/cars/m-class/data_ml270.htm

try that website for pics and info

Anyone know what the current incentives are for the ML's...

• ddavis001ddavis001 Posts: 14
    Give me a break... this personifies America, today. No one takes responsibility for their own actions... it MUST be someone else's fault... or something else's fault. Just like the kids and guns issue, it must be the guns... it can't be the kids.

Stupidity, I say, simple stupidity. If the judge even HEARS the case, he/she is a dolt as well.
  • ddavis001ddavis001 Posts: 14
    :) I wonder what the trade-in would be on this type of deal?
  • rjlimrjlim Posts: 30
    itsui, you might want to try precisionauto.com, I think it's cheaper there. I don't know how much clairparts.com's price is, but I bought mine at precisionauto.com for $145. Hope this helps.
  • ksydneyksydney Posts: 11
    Thanks for the responses to my previous post (#3768) regarding a 2002 ML320 or a 2001 ML430. The information on towing is helpful.

I looked this weekend at the dealer and was a bit dissapointed in the selection. Although they might have had more in back, they only had about 10 ML's in front. I guess it's the time of year when some inventories get low. I have decided to wait to see the 2002 ML320 to actually compare. The salesperson said the 2002's should be coming in August / September, however I would guess they will start in late July.

On a couple of side notes, the dealer seemed very busy compared to the Ford dealer I had stopped by earlier ( I wanted to see the new Explorer). Additionally the MB dealer had a 2002 C320 wagon---WOW--. If only the back seat were a tad wider...

Keith
  • scott902scott902 Posts: 46
    If you recall a remote key unit for my ML 320 went into the washer and dryer. Unlikely it would work, after airing out and trying again. I did not think of replacing the batteries....thought no chance it working.

So went to dealer, they replaced batteries re-sync on computer and BRAVO it....WORKS.

I am very impressed, apparently it is sealed very well and is made of good quality.

So if this happens, like in the pool, or toliet, or ocean, it should work again..
  • hansenhansen Posts: 18
    What kind of discount should I expect to get on a '01 ML 320 since the 2002 models are coming in. Is it worth it or should I get a 2002?
  • biker5biker5 Posts: 199
    Is the dealer charge you to re-sych your remote? If they do...How much? I bought extra because i thought I lost one of my spare. But I didn't..
    Thanks,
    JimB
  • ylanylan Posts: 2
    I hear about MB extended warranty that can be purchased elsewhere at a discount. However my question is what if I trade in my Y2K ML320 before using it, is it refundable and would dealer take this in to consideration for the trade-in value. If you know you might not keep the car longer than 5 years, should you buy the extended warranty?

thanks for your inputs
  • ometofuometofu Posts: 53
    www.photopoint.com is back.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,274
    but it's always a good idea to have a backup of stuff you want to have around :-)

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.