Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) 2005 and earlier

Comments

• andreassonandreasson Posts: 3
    Has anyone found inexpensive items, to increase performance? I have heard of N air filters, for other vehicles, which are often good for 10-15 P.

Comments?
  • dt77dt77 Posts: 232
    has anyone been to one ?
    What goes on there ?

dt77
  • mtsangmtsang Posts: 70
    and others, thanks for the insightful feedback re: sunroof.

Mike
  • rexconde1rexconde1 Posts: 278
    Definately go to the power trip. EXTREMELY FUN

I went to the one for the ML. It was a blast. I think my page is still up

http://www.exconde.com/pt.htm

unfortunatly I never got to put the description up.

There will be a bunh of cars to test drive there

• bertram60bertram60 Posts: 113
    I just had a similar problem, a/c only worked at highway speeds. Turned out to be a bad AAM and pinched wire at the control box. Took four days to diagnose, but it works great now.
  • sshowittsshowitt Posts: 137
    I signed up for the one in MA. The information and signup is at www.mbpowertrip.com
    As for wind buffeting from a sunroof, I installed
    a plastic bubble wind deflector that I purchased from Percission for about $40.00. It makes a big difference. It has two metal clips that insulated
    with a thin piece of adhesive to keep it from scratching any paint that it comes in contact with. Very simple instalation. MB sells one also, much cheaper than the MB skyroof deflector.
  • gpvsgpvs Posts: 214
    Is the skyroof deflector easy to install on a non skyroof ML, if at all possible? Where can you get one of those since aren't those part of the package when you get the skyroof option? I looked at clairparts and didn't see it. Any suggestions?
  • macbestmacbest Posts: 55
    If you hear the a/c compressor turning on and off rapidly (and subsequent warm air), then the compressor has lost its freon. It cycles to protect itself from overheating which can occur if freon is gone. Seals get dry when the a/c is not used for a while (i.e., the winter). You need to cycle on your a/c (or use the defrost feature on occasion, min. once per month) to continue to keep the seals "moist". This is true for all cars and trucks, some more than others.

Go to the dealer, and have them repair. If compressor is shot, hopefully you are still under warranty, as this is an expensive fix.
  • ometofuometofu Posts: 53
    Just done a 100mph (for about 30 seconds, then new york traffics kicking in) on my 99mL in New York (major Deagan, I87)....
  • biker5biker5 Posts: 199
    form San Francisco to San Diego, My ML want some more ,but I got scared,next week I'm going up North and I'll try it again. 14,700 plus as of today
    MY2000...ML320.... have a nice week end..you all.:-))))
  • gpvsgpvs Posts: 214
    Just did 70 mph in our office parking lot :)
    yeah, i think i might have gone about 105MPH max. I think ML can definately go faster. But what are the Dunlops rated at ? they might burst !?

dt77
    yeah. I'm signed up for next sun. @ hollywood park. So, it's basically you, test driving a bunch of cars ya ?

dt77
    I saw a UNIT 13 special last nite on speed limiters that is why I was curious. I know the MBs are limited somewhere in the hundreds, but can't rem what.

This guy had a ford ranger and it was limited at 80mph. My roomie had a friend, his van was limited to 75mph.

dt77
  • pepe11pepe11 Posts: 41
    Thanks for the response. Yes, I did check the dip stick and the oil was right in the middle of the grid, where it belongs (I think). I haven't seen the hi oil light on since but I still worry that something is wrong. Any others experience this problem ("Hi Oil" light came on while I was driving and oil levels are fine)?

Pete
  • biker5biker5 Posts: 199
    I think the ML 430 and 320 has a H rated tire meaning it can handle up to 130mph and ML55 has a V or Z rated of course she is faster than ours :-)
  • kenyeekenyee Posts: 738
    gpvs:
    Give Clair Parts a call and speak to Kevin or Mark. They've packaged up the deflector for folks on the m-class list before. It was $$$ though :-P

dt77:
    If the MB Powertrip is anything like the X5 one, it's a blast! Most fun you can have for free :-)
    Let us know what you get to do this year; it's supposed to cover more than the ML. I'm going to the Boston one; hope to see sshowitt there.
  • nofeernofeer Posts: 380
    Any links to the interior of the new 02 ml?
    I called them up and they said there will be BMW, Lexus, Audi and of course MB. 1 guest is allowed...but so early in the morning ! hehe..9am.

I'll let you guys know how it is =)

dt77
  • kenyeekenyee Posts: 738
    dt77:
    I signed up for the 9am one w/ my brother in Boston but it's only 15min away ;-)
    Make sure you squeal the Lexus' tires. Should be easy to do :-)