Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) 2005 and earlier

Comments

• rajalingarajalinga Posts: 9
    It is MB, not a BB. sorry,still getting used to the new look. Thanks drew, good to hear from you
    raj.
  • cavman2xcavman2x Posts: 26
    I've seen it mentioned nere by a few posters regarding poor radio reception, here is my problem. I live in northern NJ,01 ML320, and have noticed a very bad radio modulation problem. The treble seems to flatten out at any time even when standing still. I have the Bose+CD+6 changer. The problem occurs on any station and does not happen when using the CD. Any experiences/fixes would be appreciated. TIA, G
  • haunruhhaunruh Posts: 14
    Adam, my dealer uses Quaker State 15W40 ... I'm in Vancouver, Canada. So, it really depends on the area you're in and the whims of your dealer. There does not appear to be any set standard weight or grade.

Cheers, Harry
  • gpvsgpvs Posts: 214
    Took my ML to the dealership for the scheduled A maintenance this morning. I was told by the SA that the tire rotation is part of the sked A. I had him fix some of the minor squeaks i've experience during the cooler temps. They had a Budget Rental on premises but where giving out MB loaners. I think they're giving similar cars to the ones you take in. Some of the guys got the C-class and another guy got the SLK, and I got another ML. Not bad. Hope that they'll be able to take care of all the problems.
  • macbestmacbest Posts: 55
    Can you let us know what kind of squeaks you are having looked at and what type of fixes they come up with? I'm on my second ML320, first 1998, now 2001 and am still having trouble with a squeaky sunroof. My last visit to the dealer was that they concluded it was a design defect as we checked out other 2001's on the lot and the same clicking noise occurred when you go over bumps. If you can push up on the rear of the sunroof and you have a little movement, this translates into a clicking noise every time you go over a bump.

Would be interested if others have had this problem, what was done to correct, or am I just so anal that I'm hearing everything?
  • gpvsgpvs Posts: 214
    i had the front right dash squeaks. That's the only squeaks i have so far. Fortunately, didn't have the sunroof squeaks. Although my loaner has the dreaded sunroof squeak.

They just called me and said that the car's ready. They said that the squeaks were not found since it's not cold here. It only happens on colder weather. so, i guess i have to bring it back this fall. They did schedule A and he rotated and balanced the tires. Replaced wiper blades (front). I'll post anything else they have done once I pick it up later.
  • mtsangmtsang Posts: 70
    Hello,

Trying to figure out how flexible the third row seating arrangement is -- is it possible and safe to only use a half of the third row seats for seating while the other half is removed from the vehicle? Thanks in advance.

Mike
  • roger23roger23 Posts: 48
    Drew, when my ML500 gets in, I will be selling my 2000 ML430. As for swapping the GPS, if it doesn't make any significant difference in my trade in or resale price, then I will. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • bertram60bertram60 Posts: 113
    I must be missing something. Why would you swap out the GPS from your ml430 and put it in the 500? Is GPS an option now (standard on my '00 430)? Or, is there something in the MCS that you currently have that you're not ordering on the new truck....
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Roger is in Canada, and over here, GPS is only standard equipment on the ML55AMG. It's optional for the ML320 and ML430.
  • rs64rs64 Posts: 64
    I use mine that way often. Either with half folded down or folded up or completely removed. Suits me fine!
  • bertram60bertram60 Posts: 113
    Thanks Drew. Roger's flag doesn't appear, and I didn't look very closely.
  • mtsangmtsang Posts: 70
    just another question, does the 3rd row seats have armrest on both seats? Thanks.
  • rs64rs64 Posts: 64
    No - no armrests on my 2000 ML320 3rd seats. Not even a cupholder! But I am still glad I have them. My 7 yr old loves it!
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    Paul, they don't deal in the Bay Area like they do in some other regions. Too many people willing to drop their wallets to the dealers.
  • c_j_gordonc_j_gordon Posts: 19
    (from Germany)....can be purchased at www.mercedesshop.com for front axle only. I just bought 4 sets...should last several months. Any idea on how to replace them? Just like any other disc brakes?
  • djdjdjdj Posts: 111
    The local MB dealer has a 2000 ML320 with 19K miles for $34,900. I looked inside (dealer wasn't open at the time) and noticed the ceiling was different. Then I realized the car has a skyroof in it and the big wind deflector that comes with.
    Does anyone have any experience with this option? Is is too buffeting to drive at any speed with the roof open? Do all those panels joints tend to leak?
  • sshowittsshowitt Posts: 137
    signed in and could not get on chat. Welcome to our chat room is what is posted
  • ck53ck53 Posts: 4
    Does anyone know how the rain sensitive wipers work? Where is the sensor? In the windshield or in the wipers?

Just curious.
  • biker5biker5 Posts: 199
    That's exactly what I'm planning to do. To do it myself. I'm pretty sure you check the do it yourself section of Mercedes shop about brake pad change. Its look pretty easy, with a little diffirence from the ML brake it didn't mention about using a T-40 torx bit to remove the caliper.As of now I'm still looking for a brake pad. How much did you pay fo 4 set plus shipping and handling? I check it the other day but the S&H is not showing. How much they did charge you?