Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) 2005 and earlier

Comments

• drivenowdrivenow Posts: 45
    My dealer says the 2002 options and colors will be the same, yet a visit to the www.mercedes-benz.com site notes some new colors (Tanzanite blue, jasper blue, titanite red, andradite green...) - Does anyone have any info or sites to visit to give me accurate 2002 specs and ordering info. Thanks
  • gpvsgpvs Posts: 214
    a32,

That's the title of the book. You can get it from Amazon i think. I believe that's where i got mine. Very good and informative book for the ML enthusiast.
  • djdjdjdj Posts: 111
    I recently bought a black 2000 ML320.

For pricing I compared the Edmunds used car evaluator (which I thought overpriced some), the ads in Yahoo (to see what others were asking for theirs) and the on-line listings from the 6 or 7 M-B dealers closest to me for comparable models.

Price varies by region so its hard for readers here to advise on what you should pay.

My recommendation - Buy either one, once you have an ML the only you won't like is having waited so long to get one. They are great to drive.

On the skyview roof - My ML has one. I was skeptical at first, but bought that ML because of price and mileage (19K). We love it. I have spent enough miles in a 2001 ML loaner with a regular sunroof to know that I much prefer the skyview. It has the big air deflector so it is quieter and much less windy when open. With the skyview fully opened and the windows closed you still need a/c on a sunny day up front. The back gets a little breeze, but the kids (and adults who fancy convertibles) love it. I wouldn't buy another ML without it, and since 2001 is the last year for them (because of air pillows mounted in the roofs of the 2002 model) I anticipate keeping this one for years.
  • neil99neil99 Posts: 11
    What kind of tires you have on your ML? I have the Generals. I see some sort of uneven sidewalls on all 4 tires. Is this normal?
  • mercaramercara Posts: 291
    My ML320 warranty is 9000 miles away from expiring. Since Mercedez doens't sell warranty to
    used cars. I was looking into third party warranties. Does any one have any experience with
    Warranty Gold? www.warrantygold.com.

Thanks
    Tony
  • rockypaulrockypaul Posts: 104
    My 99 MB ML320drifted too.
    I mentioned to the mb dealer a common problem with some tires is that which is called "tread pull";
    wheels were shifted diagonally front to back as I recall and that solved the drifting to the right.

Alignment and balance had been checked prior to this and were OK.
  • gereldgereld Posts: 9
    a32,

I currently have the book for sale as a used book on Amazon. If you would like to buy it, please contact me at gsmith@semarca.com. It's a great book and I'm glad that I bought it. I bought it new and it has only been read once :).

Gereld
  • richjnjrichjnj Posts: 5
    Just purchased new ML320 but have not picked it up yet. Just wanted to let everyone know how helpful this site has been with regard to my purchase. I have been following the postings for several weeks and recently noticed some discussion regarding Lemon Law claims and thought I'd add my two cents. I general, most laws require a documented recurring and unremedied problem (in NJ I think 3 times) and the car usually has to be below a certain amount of mileage. The messages posted earlier were regarding older models and there may be a problem asserting a claim if their state law has similar mileage provisions.
  • shorelineshoreline Posts: 10
    Just wanted everyone to know I am a proud owner of a new white on java '01 ML320. (It's only 4 days old!) Couldn't (or wouldn't) have done it without this board. Thanks to all you "expert" enthusiasts for the info. Immediately noticeable surprises: (1) Visibility is excellent - feel like I was driving blind before; (2) Extremely comfortable - more so than than my cushy 95 lincoln town car (hard to believe but it's true); (3) The white on java keeps the interior significantly cooler than my old silver on gray car. (4) Not too big, not too small, just right! (5) Didn't expect it to feel so luxurious and "mercedes-like." All the minor complaints I've heard from critics that had me worried haven't bothered me at all (left cup holder, cruise control switch near blinker switch, right radio controls, rear cd changer, etc.) and there are NO rattles. Now, if I could only bring myself to actually park it in a parking lot and leave it...Thanks everyone!
  • biker5biker5 Posts: 199
    Congratulations.. and welcome to the board and enjoy your new toy. Keep Driving.
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Congrats on your new M-class, and welcome to the club! I remember your posts for a while back and I'm glad that we were able to help you to take the plunge :-). Hope to see you posting more often in the future. BTW, if you haven't already seen it, please feel free to check out the MB M-class owner's club area.

Enjoy the ride!

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards

• juresjures Posts: 42
    has anyone put dunlop sp sport 5000 tires on an e class? tirerack rates them high, but i would like to have an e class owners comments, i will put them on 17" amg aero wheels on a 2000 e320 4matic. thanks roger
    Have you posted this question in the e-class section? I know there are several e-class owners here but i would think chances of a reply are better in the e-class section.
  • hhm1644hhm1644 Posts: 13
    HELP! I have an '01 ML320 with 8500 miles on it. For the past 1k or so, it occasionally gets this sputtering problem (hesitation) when I press on the accelerator from a stop. It's as though the idle is too low, but I know that's not it. the dealership has found no "codes" on the computer, and of course, seems to have stopped at that, since they cannot replicate the problem on demand. However, today, when I started the car after work (it had sat for a few hours), and backed out of the space, then put the car in drive, when I hit the accelerator, it began tiny lurches, and no matter how hard I hit the gas, it still continued to sputter, for about 15 seconds. Finally, i put it in neutral and it evened out. Any ideas, suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!
  • jl83jl83 Posts: 3
    I just got my new 01 320 - black with ash. I'm curious to people's advice on washing and waxing. How often do I need to wax? Any specific do's or don'ts (in general)? Any specific products you'd recommend or stay away from? Thanks.
  • dleungnycdleungnyc Posts: 41
    hhm1644, from your description. It sounds like a distributer problem. From my experience, any car that does that, it means the distributer is on the fritz. I could be wrong though. Also, have you been mixing different brand of gasoline? A dirty fuel injector might give you this type of problems also. Good luck.
  • tlwwsotlwwso Posts: 12
    Tomorrow my brand new ML320 Sport is supposed to be fixed and returned to me. The dealership has had it more than I. I took it back in because I noticed that the front bumper was uneven and I had started to notice a noise coming from the passenger side windshield area. Well, on the first trip back, the dealership stated that the bumper could not be adjusted and stated that they had fixed the noise. As I left the dealership I noticed the noise again and returned it to the dealership. They have sent my ML to a local bodyshop to look at the bumper and I was told that since this is a one piece bumper it will have rises and bends (I'm still not satisfied with that answer). As for the noise, the top portion of the dash was removed and a clip directly above the air bag had either broken off or never been placed and could have cut into the air bag (I'm glad that I remained persistent on that issue). I will keep everyone posted on how it all turns out. I have told my Sales Rep. that if I'm still not satisfied that I will ask for a new ML to be delivered.
    Congratulations on your new black ML, Jeff. I, too, have a black ML. It's a little challenging to maintain a black color but once you're done cleaning, it's all worth it. Anyway, there's a pretty detailed instructions in www.mercedesshop.com under the DIY, also, you can try Griot's Garage. I think some people swear by the Zainos' products. I have Meguiar's and Griot's products. The ones sold by MB are I believe Meguiar's products. So, enjoy your new vehicle.
  • angelboingangelboing Posts: 16
    drivenow,

The 2002 colors that you mentioned (Tanzanite blue, jasper blue, titanite red, andradite green...) are merely european names for the very same colors we have here in the US. If you look at the color codes, they correspond to our own capri blue, orion blue, bordeaux red, and everest green (at least I think so). Hope that helps.
  • neicey59neicey59 Posts: 47
    Yesterday my husband and I went to the MB dealership to purchase a 01 ML320. The dealer literally talked us out of buying the vehicle by saying that our children would "swelter" on the 3rd seat due to lack of air vents. The salesman was then joined by another salesman and they proceeded to spend 30 minutes telling us why we should wait for the 02 model.

My Brother n law who sells Lincoln's advised me this was "bunk" and the salesman are having to practically "give" the 01 model away in anticipation of 02 delivery, and are only worried about their own pockets. The salesman did admit they are making great deals on the 01, and offered $40,000 out the door for a unit with M1(lux package),M7(3rd seat),6 CD changer, and moonroof. In his next breath he stated "but you don't want this thing...trust me".

Have you heard anyone say their kids are suffering in the 3rd seat during summmer months? (ps: I live in Florida)