Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) 2005 and earlier

Comments

• kenyeekenyee Member Posts: 738
    The guy refuses to leave his email addr, VIN# or any contact info. He refuses to answer any of the questions others have posted. He tries to dredge up "similiar" reports from www.mercedesproblems.com even though they are not similiar.
    If he starts calling it a minivan, it'd be KTM/Bud and should be ignored.

BTW, on the topic of problems, a few folks on the m-class mailing list reported a few that are real: one person had the accelerator's pivot pin work itself out half way...another person had his brake pedal go to the floor (symptom of air in brake lines).
  • tariktarik Member Posts: 344
    I totally liked your "electrochromaticity", isn't the English language wonderful?

DEM 67.00 for the non-dimming glass as opposed to DEM 210.00 for the "fancy" one ( ;-> ) sounds about allright, but maybe you can get your friend to verify the latter, prices vary a lot from dealer to area. Hopefully Birger (DK) can get a local price, too.

Let's see what happens, then we can determine the course of action.

Re the "sudden acceleration ML":

As Ken noted, no contact information, not even an alias, and he even PUT IT IN "P" WHILE DRIVING? I don't think so, unless this particular ML is missing the claw which engages within the transmission when shifting to "P". Under normal circumstances, shifting to "P" while rolling will either send you airborne through the windshield (or throw you into the seatbelts) - very unlikely - or completely wipe out your gearbox in the must noisy and destructive fashion possible.

Tarik
  • biker5biker5 Member Posts: 199
    Hmmm...Thats exactly what I was thingking everytime I'm reading his post about the accident, it puzzled me why he doesn't have any name or aliases. To e-mail him or answer to any of our question.
  • odette01odette01 Member Posts: 2
    need advice from y'all....
    few days ago, i was listening to a song from a cd in my car and suddenly it stopped... the track minute stopped and no sound at all. then i skipped to the next track, the changer taking quite a bit time there, but it was okay.. no frozen again whatsoever. it happened about an hour after i started driving...it was on an interstate..
    so far it's okay now.. i'm thinking of taking it to the dealer.. but i can't replicate the problem.. =(
    i just got the car 18 days ago.. 01 ml320.. with bose sound system and changer as one of the options.. and has 1500 miles on it now.. (and love every single moment driving the car).
    just curious and all.. is it probably because of the anti-skip thingy?? all i know that if you have a portable cd player, it has that anti-skip memory.. i don't know if a car cd player has the same thing or not.. =) does anyone has experienced the same problem too??
    thanks much......
  • mlx52mlx52 Member Posts: 72
    Today while driving I noticed a squeak coming from the rear of the car. I thought that it might be the rear seats, with the leather rubbing up against each other. But, it seemed to be coming from farther back. The only time that it happens is not when I go over a big bump, but when going over a bump that would rock the car back and forth. Any ideas on what it is??

Thanks
    Jamie
  • macbestmacbest Member Posts: 55
    You might consider writing a letter to MB on all of your problems with squeaks and rattles. It worked for me where MB gave me a sizable credit towards the purchase of a new one. I picked up a 2001 with few of the problems I had with the 1998. Try that with an American Car company!

As for the squeaks coming from the back, I had the same problem. They put felt around the rear hatch latch and it stopped the sound. The fit up there on earlier ML's is not that good. You can try to fix it yourself by buying the velcro stick on tape and using the soft side. Cut it into strips and put around the latch on the door part (not on the base near the bumper. Good luck.
  • sencsenc Member Posts: 44
    I orginally had the tail gate squeak on my early '99 and they felted it too. When I took it in for service at 36,000 miles they checked all latches for squeaks and replaced the door latches and the tail gate latch with 'latest design' parts and that TOTALLY stopped all the noise I had learned to live with. Problem is, the thing is so quite now, the sunroof noise is driving me nuts on trips!! One thing I'm finding is that when you keep taking it in, they put the newest model 'substitution' parts on it(and they should for what it cost). In all seriousness, I'll take a MB service dept. any day over all the rest. If only they would fix my Ford..
  • tariktarik Member Posts: 344
    Tonight TLC aired "The secret world of Fame and Fortune", a completely decadent ( :-P )show about the lifestyles of the wealthy. I don't know if anyone noticed, but about 45 minutes into the show, a black and red MAYBACH (and I'm talking the real MB thing) rolled through the picture! It is only visible for about three or four seconds, but that was enough to make me rub my eyes twice...

According to Excite's TV schedule, the same show airs again later tonight (at 2:00AM EST on Wednesday, the 17., to be precise). The phantom should then appear around 2.45 - 2.50AM.

For the nighthawks and all PSTers...

Tarik
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    I've seen that episode in the past and I'm sorry to say that's the concept vehicle that was shown at the Tokyo (?) autoshow a couple of years ago. It is very still impressive, nontheless. I can't wait to see the real thing, if that's ever possible.
  • djohnson64djohnson64 Member Posts: 43
    Odette01,
    We've had a CD changer for over 1 year now, but haven't experienced any skipping.
    David
    Drew,
    I just noted that my last post was 1111. I'm surprised that in 01-2001, nobody else grabbed it.
    David
  • beetlebug62beetlebug62 Member Posts: 72
    <<#1094 of 1112  Beetle and Chris by rexconde1  Jan 16, 2001 (04:41 am)
    I'm not sure of the light output of the H3 bulbs for the foglamps I would have to think that it is closer to the 1000 lumens if that. I dont really remember the H3s putting out a lot of light even when projected on the wall. I would have to say less because the H3s don't seem to put out as much light as the low beams. The Lighting output is significant in comparison to that of the Halogens. (Wish we could get D. Stern in here)>>

...table at: http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/info/bulb_types/

Apparently, the HID xenons that the ML55 uses puts out 2800 lumens, not the 2850 I wrote yesterday. The H7 lowbeam bulb puts out 1335 lumens, and the H3 foglight bulb puts out 1290 lumens. Together the H7 and H3 put out 2625 lumens, only 6% less than the output of the HID xenons.

I believe that your perception of the H3 bulbs putting out significantly less light compared to the H7 bulbs is probably due to the dispersion pattern due to the reflector. Certainly the foglight reflector would cast a wider and less dense beam, than a lowbeam reflector.

In regards to the blueness/purpleness of the CLK versus the ML, I would just point out that the blueness/purpleness is a byproduct of HID xenons, and not the primary constituent of the light, which is white. Presuming anything about the HID xenons, based upon the blueness/purpleness of the lamps, is probably the same sort of reasoning that made the PIAA superwhites such a marketing success.
  • rexconde1rexconde1 Member Posts: 278
    Yeah, the HIDs are white, although they may appear bluish to some. The brighter, the hotter, and "the bluer" things get. I depends on where you are looking. If you are the driver, the light is white, if you are an oncomer it is blue looking. Some of those aftermarket bulbs it IS blue no matter how you look at it :-) I never cared for aftermarket bulbs. I know that MB/BMW uses a better bulb so If I need a replacement I go to the dealership to replace a blown bulb for all our cars. $10/pair. As for the PIAAs ...cant say... this is a subject I wont touch.

Point taken. I see your numbers but the light out put for me still seems much greater than the 6% that you gave. It must be that it is white light coming out of the bulbs and makes things easier to see, because it is white and closer to daylight and shows the natural color(ie ladies, makeup counter, flourescent lights!) In addition the light is also placed better with the HIDs. But at the same time I dont understand why they cannot do this on standard Halogens. (USDOT) From what I hear the Euro lenses are MUCH better in terms of lighting even with the same bulb! I have not experience with the Euro lenses but everyone raves about them. So I suppose that a big part of the light is the way the beam is projected.

The H3s on the fogs (for the short time that I used them) were small frown-shaped beams. The low light could have been due to the wide dispersion. I remember it didnt give me much though that I remember except to the sides where I appreciated the extra light.

The "Blue" color of the light differs with the manufacturer of the bulb and lamp assembly. I have seen the VERY annoying GS400 reflector type lamp and the ML reflector type lamps ; the GS seems to have the "bluer" nature. The apparent color to our eyes is relative to the color temperature of the light and what it burns at. My comment about projector beams lamps having a bluer (apparent) light was that it was because they they do burn hotter and have a hotter temperature and a brighter whiter light (or bluer); this is like you pointed out because of the different bulb. As for the CLK/ML the light is VERY similar, but the difference that I saw in the capsules are the "grated" front lens which could be causing a "bluer" look.

You are right that the blue is a by product of the HID, I it is just our perception of the light...

FYI, Some typical color temperatures are:

1500 k Candlelight
    2680 k 40 W incandescent lamp
    3000 k 200 W incandescent lamp
    3200 k Sunrise/sunset
    3400 k Tungsten lamp
    3400 k 1 hour from dusk/dawn
    5000-4500 k Xenon lamp/light arc
    5500 k Sunny daylight around noon
    5500-5600 k Electronic photo flash
    6500-7500 k Overcast sky
    9000-12000 k Blue sky

Since the color temperature of the sky is so "hot" that is what gives the color of blue. Now we can explain to kids - Why the sky is blue...

Beetle or anyone, if you want you can email me directly at rexconde@exconde.com or we can continue till someone complains about this being off topic....
    ;-0

Robert
  • rover96rover96 Member Posts: 33
    My ML320 have a hella 500 installed when it was new. Recently I installed a pair of H3 into the intergrated Headlight housing. They both wired into the same factory switch at the centre console. The light stay on for a while & then fuse blown (no fun!!).
    My question is, can I put in a 20 Amp fuse(factory call for a 15 Amp)? Did MB design it with a safety margin in the circuit? Anyone came across this issuse??
    TIA
    rover96:
    which model year is your ML?
    Folks w/ MY2000 models seem to have no problems but ones before did...
  • tracy_lebtracy_leb Member Posts: 39
    I had 2 sets of fogs on my '00 ML (integrated and dealer add on Hella's) and they blew fuses after about every 20 minutes of use. Asked one of the service techs and they say that neither the wires nor the fuse is rated for more than 160 watts. On mine I had the dealer put in a relay and separate wiring for the extra lights. Haven't blown a fuse since, and no chance of a meltdown.

Hope this helps

...Tracy
    Mine is 98 model, overall good & reasonable price car.
    I am hoping to change the fuse to 20 amp & be done with it. No add on relay & rewire switch etc.. Anyone done it with 20 amp??
    tracey:
    That's what I remember as well, but several folks on the M-class list w/ 2000 models have said they do run both to the same switch. I'm still surprised because I had always read that the wiring could not handle the current draw. I would guess the size of their external fogs had something to do w/ their success rate.

rover96:
    I wouldn't recommend it on a 1998. I'd worry about wiring meltdown if you threw the bigger fuse on...
    Mine is 98 model, overall good & reasonable price car.
    I am hoping to change the fuse to 20 amp & be done with it. No add on relay & rewire switch etc.. Anyone done it with 20 amp??
  • tracy_lebtracy_leb Member Posts: 39
    Ken & Rover,

There is a reason for maximum load ratings, and while almost anything can go over the rated load for a while, the rating really is there for a reason. Also, imho, why cheap out and risk damage to the electrical system? Remember that the weakest link in an electrical circuit ends up being the "fuse." Personally I'd rather pay up front than to melt the fuse block and have the dealer say: Sorry but your over wattage lighting system is not covered by warranty, and a new fuse block is $$$$ (I actually have no idea and don't want to find out)….. So why put something over it's rating just because someone says it's okay? It's not as if anyone who owns a ML can't afford to do it right. Right?

…Tracy
    Rover6,

I did the same thing before, But I'm a little bit scared to keep it
    that way due to electrical over load, What I did is I disconnected the Hella 500 and run a separate switch like the after market fog light with relay. The H-3 bulb that I installed inside the head light housing is control by the factory switch, so any time that I want to use it I don't have to go down and take the Hella cover off. Also if you check the wiring harness comes with the ML it says the wattage can handle up to 150 watts. Since you use 2 sets of fog lights with 55w ea. its going to be the total of 220w maybe that the reason why your fuse keep blowing up. If you want to keep your H-3 Bulb inside the housing try to do what I did.
    I remember when I first installed the integrate H3 fog lights few weeks ago, it work fine (turn them both on whenever I can while driving morning & night). Yesterday was the first time the fuse blown, put new one in last night. this morning while driving on Hwy, it blown again.
  • sydney6sydney6 Member Posts: 64
    While waiting for my OTHER car (F150) to have its oil changed, I saw in the January (I think) issue of Automobile magazine that MB will in 05 be introducing, along with the next generation M class, a more offroad version called the MLG (for Gendalwagen) to replace the "aging" Gendalwagen. It will be based on the new M-class, but have more ground clearance and higher approach and departure angles, and more aggressive styling.

They will also debut a new crossover SUV/Wagon vehicle called the GST (Grand Sport Tourer). I saw a prototype last fall at a Daimler-Chrysler focus group, and it looked really cool. It would have two or three versions, with progressively larger engines and pricing, of course.
    <<#1114 of 1124  Beetle, by rexconde1  Jan 17, 2001 (04:41 am)
    I never cared for aftermarket bulbs. I know that MB/BMW uses a better bulb so If I need a replacement I go to the dealership to replace a blown bulb for all our cars. $10/pair. As for the PIAAs ...cant say... this is a subject I wont touch. >>

Not unless you want to upset the PIAA supporters...

<<Point taken. I see your numbers but the light out put for me still seems much greater than the 6% that you gave. ...In addition the light is also placed better with the HIDs. But at the same time I dont understand why they cannot do this on standard Halogens. (USDOT) From what I hear the Euro lenses are MUCH better in terms of lighting even with the same bulb! I have not experience with the Euro lenses but everyone raves about them. So I suppose that a big part of the light is the way the beam is projected. >>

EXACTLY! Why we perceive a greater difference, than the actual light output, as measured in lumens, is due to how the light is projected.

<<The H3s on the fogs (for the short time that I used them) were small frown-shaped beams. The low light could have been due to the wide dispersion. I remember it didnt give me much though that I remember except to the sides where I appreciated the extra light. >>

Again, exactly. The light output, as measured in lumens, is the total quantity of light. If you take two identical bulbs and use two different deflectors, say one being a foglamp reflector, and one being a highbeam reflector, you would "perceive" the foglight as being less bright. It is indeed less dense, but the quantity of light is identical. It's once again, all about how the light is projected.

<<FYI, Some typical color temperatures are:
    1500 k Candlelight
    2680 k 40 W incandescent lamp
    3000 k 200 W incandescent lamp
    3200 k Sunrise/sunset
    3400 k Tungsten lamp
    3400 k 1 hour from dusk/dawn
    5000-4500 k Xenon lamp/light arc
    5500 k Sunny daylight around noon
    5500-5600 k Electronic photo flash
    6500-7500 k Overcast sky
    9000-12000 k Blue sky

Since the color temperature of the sky is so "hot" that is what gives the color of blue. Now we can explain to kids - Why the sky is blue...>>

Actually, I thought the sky was blue due to it having the shortest wavelength, thus being the most diffracted by the upper atmosphere.
  • wnielwniel Member Posts: 97
    Before you do a lot of work to the latch of your ML to eliminate the squeak, try putting a little silicon spray on the two bumper stops on either side of the body where the door meets the body. These are black in color and can be adjusted with a screw driver to either tighten or loosen. I have found that a little silicon spray can take care of the problem. That is not to say that the latch can't cause problems also, and the fix was outlined on earlier posts. These stops are located about half way up on the opening of the hatch on both sides. Hopefully this will eliminate most of the problems.
    ally
    I guess I never looked at the numbers all I knew is that I could see better with these lamps, thus assuming it was a lot brighter. However it IS much brighter with the Projector lamps like on the CL or BMWs. On the ML I suppose that they should keep the H3s on all the time to compare with the regular beams of the HIDs. On the other hand they do need two bulbs and more power to make up for the work of one HID.

I also dont see how these H3s can be illegal in some states, just seems rediculous.

Okay so we've got
    -approx 6% more light (I never compared the #'s)
    -whiter light giving greater contrast and better vision (blue depending POV)
    -better light placement in all the right places (evenly spread in front of driver, no apparent hot-spots)

As for the sky being blue...I guess I should have remembered that...(shorter wave lenght) I've forgotten everything from HS~!

Since it does have the shorter wave lenght and it is defracted easily, it IS why the new S-Class has a bluer look?! This would explain Chris's remark about the S and the ML having different colors. The ML has a clear front opposed to the grated front of the E, S, CLK, C, and SLK, thus giving these headlamps a bluer look

This tendancy to defract is also the reason for the headlamp cleaners so that dirt and snow dont stay on the front of the lens throwing the light everywhere.

Is the shorter wavelenght easier to control and thus create the sever cutoff like that of the HIDs?

Robert
  • sshowittsshowitt Member Posts: 137
    I will be installing a set of fender flares. I had put a set on my previous ML and enjoyed the way they looked, aside from the protection that they afforded from parking lot dings. This time I had them painted white, to match the bumpers on my new ML. Oddly enough, the paint shop used the variant to the Polar White. I guess M/B has a few shades of Polar White. This was determined by placing paint chips against the car to get the closest match. I am thinking about applying a doublesided tape on the fender flare lip where it meets the fender? I did not on my previous vehicle and nothing is stated in the mounting instructions about it. Just curious about any of your thoughts.
    Kenyee:
    If MY2000 doesn't have problem with H3 & hella 500 wired to the same stock switch, I was wondering what is the difference?

I looked at the relay for my 98 ML320 & is rated to 20 amp for the fog lights. Can any 2000 owner tell me what is their relay rated for? Consider the fog light wire are the same gage, the only difference that I can think of would be the relay rating.
    we've fallen off the list again. Looks like I'll have to post en masse and in bulk later today to get us back on again ;-)
    My hypothesis is that it is because the pre-'00 MLs have slightly different electrical systems than the '00-current MLs. FYI, starting from MY2K onwards, there are actually two fuse boxes. One under the hood, and another in the front passenger footwell kick panel. There are instructions for constructing a relay on the M-class's members showcase; it's not too complicated. It is rather strange through, that Robert could operate his PIAAs + integrated foglamps simultaneously w/o the relay whereas Tracy had problems with the setup.

Robert, I believe this slightly different electrical system is also why your (and Bob's) HID light upgrade did not require a different fuse whereas Omar's '99 ML430 did. Chris is doing the upgrade to his '99 ML sometime late this week/weekend so it will be interesting to see if he does require the higher capacity fuse. I did say to have one at hand just in case.
    My dooredge guards are made by Trimbrite and you should be able to find them your autoparts store. I bought the Silver ones and they matched surprisingly well with the Brilliant Silver paint. From a distance, they're not even visible. FWIW, after adding the guards, I noticed a very subtle reduction in wind noise at highway speeds (with the radio off). Perhaps is because of the reduced gaps in where the door meets the opening?

Here are a few pictures for you:

Quite subtle from this distance:

Drew
    Host
    Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • bon2000bon2000 Member Posts: 26
    ALRIGHT GUYS PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS ONE. I MUST SELL MY 2 MONTH OLD BLACK ON BLACK ML320 QUICKLY AS WE NEED THE MONEY BADLY AS SOMETHING HAPPENED!
    In november 2000 I paid $39,250 for my car without tax for a total of $42,586.25, Car is equipped with sunroof, Bose sound system, heated seats and MI package. I have added cargo net divider and cargo cover and have the all weather mats as well as carpet ones. Car has 1,700 miles on it and is mint! Okay guys, do you think I will be able to sell it quickly???? and what the heck do I ask for it if I am selling it with all the above extra goodies? please respond asap and I want to advertise friday the 19th. Thanks bon.
    oh yea guys I also added the rear floor mat with the cargo divider trays too. Help me on this one.
    Will I have to take a huge loss or not? bon
  • mpressempresse Member Posts: 1
    Drew and All,

Sorry to re-visit old topics; however, I'm a new ML owner and have spent hours reading prior posts before purchasing the car I love! Thanks to all for so much invaluable information.

Many posts from your older boards are not presently available; thus, I would be so appreciative of these illusive (probably common) answers:

(1) Please advise where I might find the
    (discounted, in stock) MB cargo mat for my
    new 2000 320ML (ClairParts is back-ordered!);

(2) Least costly place to purchase Navigation,
    and price of same; (have found it for 1,320.
    + 135. for CD);

(3) Residing in Atlanta, GA; ready to do first
    interim oil change to Mobil 1:

(A) How many quarts of oil will be needed?
    (B) Please advise your thoughts on exactly which
    viscosity to use -

Finally, thanks to Drew for all the great information and photographs on the door edge guards -- I shall go in search of them this weekend! Drew, from your recent photos, just noticed that my silver ML is/came almost identically equipped -- no wonder everyone keeps joking with me that it's a "boy car"!

Maril in Atlanta
    MPresse@bellsouth.net
  • pjconnerpjconner Member Posts: 3
    I am having a tough time finding the Dunlop TG35 tires for my ML320.

I ordered them from Tire Rack back in Novemeber and they have been on backorder. Today they called and said that they would no longer backorder the tire due to manufacturing limitations. They suggested buying another brand tire.

I currently have the General tires and they are very loud.

The new Michelins are $160 per tire vs. Generals at $55.

Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks,
    Patrick
    Maril,
    I think I can share one to your question.
    I just have my first oil change done by dealer of course it was free, I asked them if I need to put mobil one this time, they said not necessarily. But if I want too I have to pay extra. Also , they mentioned that Mobil 1 is for high performance car. Now, What viscosity? I check my ticket after they did an oil change. They used 15W 40 and the qty was 9 qt. BTW, How many miles do you have on your ML? Here is another story I took it to them when my FSS shows a little over 1k miles.They said they can not do an oil change not until less FSS read less than 999 miles then they can do it. That's the MB policy.
    I also noticed that the wind noise was cut down after the installation of the door guards
    You will need 8.5 qts. It's most likely cheaper if you go to Walmart and buyyour own oil.
    For Atlanta, I'd use 5W-30
    David
    <<rexconde1 - 04:12am Jan 18, 2001 PST (#1127 of 1139)
    Beetle
    I guess I never looked at the numbers all I knew is that I could see better with these lamps, thus assuming it was a lot brighter. However it IS much brighter with the Projector lamps like on the CL or BMWs. On the ML I suppose that they should keep the H3s on all the time to compare with the regular beams of the HIDs. On the other hand they do need two bulbs and more power to make up for the work of one HID.

I also dont see how these H3s can be illegal in some states, just seems rediculous.

Okay so we've got
    -approx 6% more light (I never compared the #'s)
    -whiter light giving greater contrast and better vision (blue depending POV)
    -better light placement in all the right places (evenly spread in front of driver, no apparent hot-spots)

As for the sky being blue...I guess I should have remembered that...(shorter wave lenght) I've forgotten everything from HS~!

Since it does have the shorter wave lenght and it is defracted easily, it IS why the new S-Class has a bluer look?! This would explain Chris's remark about the S and the ML having different colors. The ML has a clear front opposed to the grated front of the E, S, CLK, C, and SLK, thus giving these headlamps a bluer look

This tendancy to defract is also the reason for the headlamp cleaners so that dirt and snow dont stay on the front of the lens throwing the light everywhere.

Is the shorter wavelenght easier to control and thus create the sever cutoff like that of the HIDs???>>

...but I doubt the shorter wavelength of blue light is easier to control to create the cutoff. Light, all light, doesn't bend, unless it's near a large magnetic or gravitational force, according to Einstein. So, a severe cutoff comes down to the quality of the reflectors, prisms, lenses and shields, depending upon what type of headlights you have.

As for the differences between the various MB models with HIDs, I can only assume that the quality of the headlamp components is also the reason why some lamps diffract more or less spurious blue or purplish light.

As for white light being better, I would agree, as it would render colors more naturalistically. However, if the production of white light, also includes lots of spurious and glaring blue light, then the advantages are somewhat mitigated. Yellowish light is less diffracted by bad weather, thus yellow foglights. Ideally, it would seem that white light, with yellow as a by-product would be better than white light, with blue as a by-product.

And, as for the better spread of HID light, I would likely agree, as much effort has been invested in a good reflector/projector, etc. However, since the foglights in the ML are "integrated", I would assume that these lights have also been invested with a great deal of reflector design effort by the Mercedes engineers, or their suppliers. As we have all experienced, many cars/trucks have separate foglights, and these are often poorly aimed, and thus their value is reduced. However, we also know that the integrated foglamps of the ML, should always be properly aimed, as long as the headlamps are properly aimed. Clearly, the Mercedes engineers would design ML capsule to have complementary lowbeams and foglights, with little overlap and few hotspots.
  • scott902scott902 Member Posts: 46
    You all see the USA MB ML commerical focusing on the ML rated number one by insurance industry

Staying alive, a poor Bee Gees imitation

Oil change sounds like from an earlier post one can request the free oil change at 9001 miles? instead of 10,000 for years 00/01

Waiting for MB tech to hear the thump noise, service manager wanted me to come back again (3) times for the Rep to hear it. I said "why" what can he possibily do, there tech already validated the noise with me. My problem sounds like a "one off", no else seems to have it?
    >many cars/trucks have separate foglights, and >these are often poorly aimed, and thus their >value is reduced

Which reminds me I saw an explorer downtown with four extra lamps under its bumper for a total of 6 lamps in the day light.

So true, way to many people using fog lamps unnecessarily and with poor aim, many of them civics with lamps in the lower corners and blue headlamps to simulate the HID. Their safety is a concern too as some of them shine directly on to on coming traffic. They have to be aimed upwards because if they actually wanted them to work they would point them down at the road....someone should tell them hey those aren't driving lamps.

Robert
    Okay people I have uploaded the smaller set of pictures of our CLK55 for viewing.
    They are 1/5 the size and should be about 100K each

http://www.exconde.com/clk55.htm

Robert
    Drew--Due to major financial problems that we have incurred as a result of a major robbery last evening on property husband (the builder) was working on we are going to be hurtin for the buck...if you know what I mean.. Drew///you are the expert here...please advise me of what I should expect to get for my car in a quick sale...but not a riduculous one.....it's only two months old...AND ALL YOU OTHER GUYS...PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE (YES I AM YELLING...I CAN'T HELP BUT YELL RIGHT NOW AFTER WHAT HAPPENED TO US BY LOVELY LOWLIFES LAST NIGHT)----plese give some input as to a dollar value on my ML320 black on black with 1.700 miles, mint with options stated above.....what should I expect to sell it for and should I be able to sell it. Looked in the paper today and there was not one ML for sales under the SUV---four wheel drive section. All other trucks were for sale...but not one ML...please help asap......thjanks guys bonnie....by the way my father made it through the surgery last friday but all the polyps removed were cancerous and again.......he must go on more treatments...This is the greatest man alive....just a good good man and how he has to live with this full plate...absolutely stinks....I can't believe life is so unfair...but we all know it is....thanks all you buddies....love ya bonnie
    Drew--the pictures of your truck were awesome...loved them...wish mine were silver too...but I lvoe black..but I live at brushless carwash...we are not on a first name basis...wish and hope I don't have to sell th edamn thing...bon
  • jamcommjamcomm Member Posts: 1
    Hey all, good to be here for the first time. My ML320 has M1, M2, Bose, Moon roof, Heated Seats....

Great discussions, looking forward to being a part of it....

Had the dealer activate the circuit for my 2000 ML320's fogs. What a rip-off in that the circuit is shut off in the car's CPU unless dealer activated--Yes, the switch does nothing unless activated! They originally wanted $100, I got them down to $40, which is still a rip considering it took them all of 2 minutes!

Anyway, big improvement with the fogs activated. Next project is an HID retrofit. I already tried ALL of the after market "HID look" lamps, and none are really too great--D. Stern is right on the mark.

BTW, the sky is blue because only blue light is the only wavelength that can traverse the deepest oceans, which encompass most of our earth. This light is reflected by the particulate matter in the sky and visable by day. :)
  • ddykes1ddykes1 Member Posts: 13
    My 99 ML320 runs the integrated (in-capsule) fogs, plus 2 PIAA Ion's mounted to the grille guard - all run off the stock switch with zero fuse problems. No more answers, but maybe some pattern will emerge from the confusion?

Very sorry to hear about your problems Bonnie - others closer to you can probably give you some good advice on pricing the car for a quick sale.
  • rockypaulrockypaul Member Posts: 104
    Love my Dunlop TG35's. I have the "T" speed rated and see now that this size is only available in "H" reated.

Quiet; third winter without trouble (10 foot snowfalls here); mileage 26000 and plenty of tread remaining.

Any thoughts out there for even better performance: I like quiet, 30000 mile treadwear, sports car cornering, good in snow without the noise.

Thanks..
    Bon, Mine is a 99 320 with 39k miles. Best I have been able to get an offer is about $25-26k. If yours is a 2000, my guess is you are looking at $30k at most. '01's still list for about $40. I bet you get around $30k wholesale, maybe $1 or $2k more if you can sell it yourself. Good luck
    I have isolated my sunroof noise to the sunroof sliding tracks, mainly the left side one. At approx. 70mph, the rattling starts. If the roof is open or opened slightly, it stops. Yet, the glass seems fairly snug in the opening, so I'm assuming the noise is loose hardware on the tracks. The dealer can't get it to repeat for the tech. My guess is they won't drive it far enough at 70 mph to hear it. Has anyone had this problem or had it and fixed it themselves? I now have the vehicle almost noise-free but this drives you nuts on this type of vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.
  • simba2ksimba2k Member Posts: 5
    Hi bon2000,

I'm ready to talk to BB dealer to get ML. Where are you locate? May be we can work together on your ML320. Let me know. My mail is ngovtuan@hotmail.com.