Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) 2005 and earlier

Comments

• and silver Mercedes star logo cap (first of Drew's wheel picts) will fit on the ML430 wheels. Is this a special order item as some of the 02 C and ML's I've seen on the streets have it and some don't. I'm going to check with the dealer (I'm sure they won't know) to see what they are and how much they are. I think makes the wheel look like a much higher end wheel. definitely an improvement.
  • ml320ml320 Posts: 22
    Randolph, ask your dealer's parts department for SLK wheel insets. They fit the ML430.

Cool Wheels

Wolfgang

• drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Oh you mean the '02 ML320's centre wheel inserts? As Wolfgang wrote, the parts department wil probably be able to order them for you, and they should be compatible
  • spfoteyspfotey Posts: 130
    I am looking for feedback on the 2002 changes. I will be looking to get out of my 98 ml and into something newer soon. (about to hit 50,000 miles and i don't want this past warranty).

have seen some brochures but for those who have bot the new one and compared it to the old one your thots would be a help. thx.
  • I've been reading this post for quite sometime and decided it was time to speak up. I'm in the market for another vehicle at this time. I've thought about the ML320, but am unsure with the current events. I'm building the case in my mind for the ML320 either "01 or "02. I'm told I could get an "01 for $1,500 below invoice, and less than $1,000 over invoice on the "02.

For those of you that are farther along with your research please give me your pros and cons.
  • Drew, as I mentioned on MB chat, on page 115 of the 2002 owners manual, describing the operation of the "rest" (residual engine heat utilization) feature, it says "except Canada" at the heading. On doing some checking MB told me that it was indeed a misprint, that the 2002 ML's come standard with "rest". Whew!
  • Rob,
    The dealer I used was Mercedes Benz of Rochester and everything went without a hitch. They were very nice and professional. Don't expect any money off from them I tried and failed but I'm still happy with my '02. 1500 miles and perfect.
  • cdiccdic Posts: 36
    I'm in the process of taking the '01 ML430 in for a few minor annoyances. One being the sound damping material that appears on the windows when they are brought back up (sun roof too) - no big deal - I'd rather have sound damping than not have it and the problem can't be that big a deal to fix.

The other one is odd. I noticed it mentioned by -nothappyml- 20 or so posts back. I had not heard it mentioned before so thought I had something unique, but maybe not. My command / bose system has been randomly raising the volume to FULL (Cd or radio), if I don't catch it 1st. Let me tell you, if you haven't tried, and I don't recommend it, this thing really gets loud. It's an eye opener when in busy traffic. Dealer says he will replace the MCS head, but mentioned that he had not heard of it before. My backlight flickers when the headlights are on (night mode display) so I am not too sorry to see it go. That in itself wasn't a bother, but may have been related. I'm only glad to be able to whine about such trivia, this SUV is GREAT.
    I had the first dibs on having a look at my MB Canada dealer's first two '02 MLs (Brilliant Silver ML320 Elegance, and Desert Gold ML500) yesterday and I brought my camera along. For some reason, the extra chrome on the ML500 didn't seem to match too well with the Desert Silver paint, IMHO. Perhaps it will grow on me in time though. New tires are the Continental 4X4 Contact, and the Dunlop SP5000s.

The pictures can be see via the link below, just keep clicking on the right arrow to move to the next one.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=137587&a=1130466&p=54560270&f=0

Enjoy!
    The automatically compensating volume can be adjusted or turned off completely by the dealer, so you may want to pursue that route if you are unhappy with it.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • Jon90Jon90 Posts: 33
    I am planning on getting an ML500....have only test drove the 320 so far. What are the best deals out there for an 02? I can wait out the dealer as i am in no hurry. I have an expedition that is up from lease in January (glad to get rid of it)

thanks
  • I'm scheduled to pick up my ML 320 at the factory in Alabama on 11 Oct. My M-B salesman called today to tell me a factory rep told him they are not doing the full tour and off-road track demonstration currently due to security concerns. Has anyone else heard this?
  • Greg: I'm due to do a factory pick up on Mon Oct 29th. I haven't heard a word of this yet and to be honest with you I hope that I don't. Please tell me this is only temporary if at all true.

By the way when did you finalize your transaction with the dealer? Mine keeps telling me that full payment is due "a few weeks before pickup at the factory".

Thanks
    Jack
    Phew, thanks for the update. I would've been annoyed if we didn't get the Rest feature! BTW, I wonder if it is still true if Linguatronic is a Canadian and European-only option?
    You were asking about white MLs. Well, I have a few pictures of the Polar white ones in Photopoint. Just hope that you don't mind that they are, uh, a bit crunched.

60 km/hr head-on collision

2 time rollover (this is a '99 ML320 which has had its bumpers painted white)

More accident pictures here, if you're interested (Gallery just very recently updated with many new salvage yard pictures):
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=137587&a=10126395&f=0&sp=1
    I doubt that shifting this auto tranny manually will cause any long term problems. I've been doing it occasionally for the last two years with no issues on my own ML.

According to what I've read in the press release, the transmission has that new optimal shift mode that I mentioned. Check the owner's manual for confirmation.
    No need to thank me, I just pointed you to the right places for information :-)

Glad to see that you're enjoying your vehicle and I hope to see you continue to post in this topic in the future! Feel free to join us in our weekly MB Tuesday chats at 6-7pm Pacific.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • were a major deciding factor in my decision to go ML320 over MDX.

That, and a friend of mine who had owned one (now drives an E class wagon), who was in a pretty bad accident that he walked away from. I told him I cared about safety, and his remark was simply 'anyone that cares about safety drives a MB or a Volvo, period'. From seeing these accident pictures, I'm inclined to believe he's correct.
  • Hey guys. Picked up the ML320 yesterday. Turns out the guy who was bs-ing me about the amp being added was fired the day before. I did, however, speak to the district service rep. The problem with hesitation seems to be in the anti-knock sensor software. Sit down-Mercedes offered fix, "at this time", is to put 87 octane fuel in the truck. I'm NOT kidding. He says this is working well to correct the problem. I'm not too happy with that solution, as it does seem counterintuitive on a $45k vehicle that first recommended 91 premium.

I may pursue further action, but wanted you all to know what I was told yesterday.

ON another note, I've been waiting to see the Everest Green 2002 color, has anyone seen it, and is it finally a true black-green color without the yellow mixed in?

Later.
  • tariktarik Posts: 344
    Where were those pics taken? Is this a new Mondeo in the background of the second rollover picture, or is it a Mirage (a Mitsu Mirage, that is)?

Believeing he needs glasses Tarik