Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) 2005 and earlier

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,978
    That's exciting - where are you located? We'll expect a full report in the Mercedes Benz M-Class: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion. :)

Steve, Host
  • calbritcalbrit Posts: 24
    I am a big fan of the Land Rover brand so extremely biased, but why do Mercedes dealerships the minute they have a brand new exciting vehicle, start selling them for invoice and trash the value of the product. I was very excited about the 2006 ML, but it sounds like the dealers have to give them away to sell them. One dealership told me they are too expensive compared to the 05's.

I know a lot about Land Rover's and take theLR3 for example. I am not saying it is a better car, but the vehicle is priced at $45-$55 and they by and large don't discount the car, especially the HSE model. It doesn't make me feel enthusiastic about a car if the dealers have to give it away and flood the market.
  • hanghang Posts: 4
    Calbrit,

Maybe you have tons of money to throw around, but a lot of us don't mind getting a good deal on a vehicle. There is nothing wrong with a discount. If you like to look like an idiot and get ripped off, then enjoy paying full price.
  • gjacobgjacob Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease an ML 350 I was wondering if price is negotiable in the lease, and what should I look to put down , and what is a reasonable payment . I was thinking from 650 to 750
  • yes leases are always negotiable! You can choose to go with MB when you lease, or you can find outside lenders for leases. Check the web. make sure you do your math before you lease!
  • We're thinking about purchasing a 2006 ML500. But I have a few questions: is the power liftgate worth it to buy? Is it really that hard to close the trunk without it? Also, "premium interior lighting" is an option. What exactly is this, and is it necessary?
  • svinaiksvinaik Posts: 84
    What do you folks think is the fair price. I have owned ML 320 in past and am well aware of the strengths and shortcoming of the ML. But at a very attaractive price, ML may not be a bad deal.

One of our local dealer (Non MB) has a trade in ML 500 and is willing to deal. It may have been sitting for some time and that's why he is willing.

Please share your comments and advice..
    Thanks
  • newmbfannewmbfan Posts: 59
    I currently have a c320 wagon that has been a great vehicle. I need to add a second vehicle to my garage and just drove a 2003 ml350 with 19800 miles.

The vehicle appeared to be perfect. Does anybody have advice for me as to what to look for. The vehicle is a 1 owner that was sold and traded back to the same dealer. They are going to get the service records for me on Monday.

The asking price seemed about right at $29,800 and they indicated there was some room to haggle.
  • I have the same problem with my 99 ml320.
    I had the Check Engine light coming out. Check with a friend who has a ODB reader, the error is P0170 and P0173. Iread from the net it is most probably the Mass Air Flow sensor to change ar maybe just to clean ? Anyone knows how to do that ?

Thanks
  • Have the same problem with my 99 ml320 47K miles.
    Is it difficult to access this sensor (the MAF one) ? I just would like to get a look at it before to go to my dealer. He may tell me I need to change the whole engine !!!!! :-)

Thanks,
    David.
  • aaaedgarpoeaaaedgarpoe Posts: 107
    I was there to day at noon. I drove two ML-350s; one on each course. Great acceleration, handeling, breaking. The first one had on the digital display '7.6 mpg' and the second had '7.3 mpg'. I hope that is not what I think it is.
  • slick4slick4 Posts: 1
    Don not know about the package but the liftgate power is wonderful accessory with any hatchback especially as to reach and back issues.
  • godzillagodzilla Posts: 1
    fellow members,

look'n to purchase new ml350. can anyone give me some feedback regarding air suspension and does it really boost it's handling to bmw x5 level. (rumored) furthermore, i heard air suspension is more costly to repair as opposed to conventional shocks, true or blatant lie?????? thanks for your time.
  • jdaijdai Posts: 1
    A MSRP 47940 2006 ML350 with packages I paid 46940 2 days ago.
  • wmquanwmquan Posts: 1,817
    I don't know about whether it's on the X5's level, but at least one early auto review, and a friend of mine who has driven a few W164's, both report that the air suspension significantly improves the vehicle's handling. I haven't verified this myself but this is probably true. Apparently, without the air suspension, the vehicle can feel "floaty" in curves. Not like, say, an RX330, but definitely more floaty than the current M-class.

I can't comment on maintenance costs, sorry.
  • eelpouteelpout Posts: 32
    Could someone who has or who has access to a 2006 do me a favor and measure the height and width of the cargo space opening and also the length of the cargo floor with the 2nd seat down?
    thanks!
  • kcml320kcml320 Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I have a 98 ML320 with 83k. In the past week this problem has happened 2x.After a short drive and then letting it sit. It starts fine and when starting to accelerate at a slow speed it just dies!!!! It will still turn over (fast)..battery is good but will not start for 10mins or so(just cranks) and then it will start again!!!! I checked all my fuses and they seem ok..Never had this happen before, could it be something on its way out ie: fuel pump or something electrical? Can someone point me in a direction before I bring it to a repair shop....Thanks Kevin
  • tomjavatomjava Posts: 136
    My guess is fuel pump, a very common problem on 98 and 99 ML.

Good Luck
  • markjennmarkjenn Posts: 1,142
    It's typically a fuel pump or crankshaft position sensor, both have been problematic. If it happens again, you might try opening the fuel cap and/or rapping the bottom of the fuel tank with a hammer - if either of these immediately allows a restart, it's the pump or fuel filter.

You also want to be sure to you are doing the regular fuel filter replacement at 60K intervals. If you haven't had the fuel pump filter upgrade, you'll either have to find an old-style filter sitting around, or upgrade to the new one - there's a TSB out on this.

Good luck,

- Mark
  • samusamu Posts: 8
    I am looking into a ml350 new design and just wanted to know what other people are paying for this car. Any option config is ok and any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.