Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
Tell us about shopping for your Veracruz!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• hvcownerhvcowner Member Posts: 36
    I'm not sure what details folks want, but I'm happy to fill in the blanks.

I bought the Veracruz from Vision Hyundai in Rochester, NY.

We bought a white Hyundai GLS with beige interior plus the Premium package. Our final agreed upon price is $29,400.

We aren't sure when we are getting the vehicle. We put our deposit down on March 17th. I'll stop by and let you know how many weeks it takes to obtain what we are looking for.

The negotiations started at MSRP ($30,645). The dealership quickly came down $1000. We asked for $29,400, and they were willing, but we had to up our initial offering of a deposit from $200 to $500. The price includes destination charges, but not tax and license fees.

After we agreed to the price, we attempted to negotiate on a trade-in (1999 Dodge Durango), but we could not come to agreement on that vehicle and decided to sell that ourselves. We wanted $3500 for it, and they offered us $2500.

The overall sales experience was pretty good. Our salesperson was low pressure throughout the process which we liked. There was none of that "if you don't buy today we can't give you a price" bs, but of course the price they gave us was high until we committed to an order. But I didn't feel pressured or as though the dealership wasn't forthcoming with at least a starting point for the negotiations.

We did get free windshield wiper fluid everytime we visited (2x) which was nice . . .

We'll see how it goes when we go to take delivery.
  • jg6jg6 Member Posts: 70
    You didn't fill in all the blanks!!!!!!!!!

FWD or AWD????
    Oops - - knew I'd miss some key piece of info.

AWD. It's upstate NY after all . . .
    Not bad for a new model. Lower than Fitzmall!!!

$371 over dealer invoice, $521 over manufacturer invoice.
    Oh good! We didn't have the dealer invoice information when we were negotiating so we were a little nervous about what kind of deal we were getting . . .it's nice to know that we weren't too far off.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Congrats!!

On a side note, I resided in Rochester for nearly five years and found the Vision Hyundai to be a fantastic dealership during the times I've dealt with. Glad you had a good experience with your shopping.

Enjoy your Veracruz when you get it. Keep us updated :)

Should be sweet vehicle!! I thought it was on my test drive!
  • palmerdpalmerd Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone know if I can buy the GLS base and only get the DVD without all the other junk. I really don't need a sunroof or heated seats. I just want my kids to be able to watch a movie. OR should I get the entertainment system after market?
    No, unfortunately you cannot get the DVD with the GLS (just bought one so looked at the options pretty extensively).

So, here's my suggestion - - either get the system aftermarket like you suggest, OR, and I think this makes even more sense.

Buy two iPOD videos for your kids which can be used in any car or airplane and can be loaded based on your children's individual preferences. I figured that for half the price of the DVD system, I could do that, and my boys would have the perfect personalized system for them!! And no fighting about what movie they'd be watching.

That said - - I'm trying to avoid any of these solutions because I think my guys watch plenty of screen at home. LOL!
    Thanks for your good wishes on the Veracruz! I'm delighted to hear from a former Rochesterian that you think this dealership is ok. So far, I've been happy with them.
    That does make sense. Two IPOD videos are much cheaper. Then I don't have to worry about that expense. Do you think the extra 3K for the SE is worth it? And do you know if the limited has a keyless start?
    I answered the keyless start question on the general board in detail, but I believe the short answer is keyless start is available as an option on the limited (but is bundled with a zillion other options that cost a lot of bucks).

Personally, I didn't think the 3k for the SE was worth it, but I really think it depends on your needs and what you want to be happy. I am happier if I have money in my pocket and basic transportation. We can afford the $3k, but I feel that cars are depreciating assets and bad investments.

Nonetheless, if I had a long commute or took a lot of long trips, I might upgrade because then it would be more practical. You live in your car more.

My rides are short (usually less than 20 minutes) and around town. So I really do not need to have leather seats and all sorts of creature comforts to do that.

Anita
    But on the SE you do get the roof rack and 18" wheels and fog lights, but I just don't know in the long run if it will even matter. It all depends on how I feel the day I go to purchase and the colors they have. They are supposed to be getting some this week in all colors and models. So far I've only seen the GLS in dark blue, that's it. So I have to wait a couple of days.
    Question: Do you guys think I can get the SE + entertainment package for 28K + TTL?
  • practicalpractical Member Posts: 53
    Why not just use Edmunds.com new car pricing, pick the trim, do TMC pricing, get the invoice $.
    NO!

Invoice on a FWD (you didn't say which one) is $31,489....
  • arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    You could always have an aftermarket entertainement system installed. Here's one for under $650. With installation, you'd still be under $1k. It even comes with the wireless headphones.
  • wheelie1wheelie1 Member Posts: 21
    I'm considering the aftermarket entertainement system option. Anyone know it that would negatively effect the warranty?
    It should not effect the warranty. It's no different than installing an aftermarket CD player. All the entertainment needs is a power and ground hookup unless you want it to play the movie through the vehicle's speakers instead of just the headphones.
  • kerriandwillkerriandwill Member Posts: 3
    Probably not. I just bought a dealership in Virginia's first Veracruz. It was a GLS base, Deep Blue. I love it. It had a sticker of 28,820, I ended up paying 27,650. They did not want to sell it at that. I went to buy a Santa Fe with a third row, I had a 2003 model. I drove the Veracruz and loved it. I also drove an LX Pilot, the GLS looked better and drove better. The LX Pilot looked cheap, the GLS by no means looks cheap. I went in saying I would not pay $30K for an SUV with a 3rd row and I think if the GLS Veracruz had a Honda badge on it, they would sell for $32K.
  • practicalpractical Member Posts: 53
    Unless you have a Hyundai dealer installed it for you, otherwise you risk your own warranty. So, ask.

Remember they have the longest warranty period, else you'd have to wait after its 5yr/60,000 milse.
    Yup, it is definitely a good idea to ask. :P Some manufacturers are definitely pickier than others.
  • blindbatblindbat Member Posts: 15
    I just ordered an AWD Limited from my local dealer. I paid $1250 below MSRP. I could have got one cheaper, but it would have been inconvenient and cost about the same by the time I had it shipped to my area, or I flew there and drove it back.
    I'm very pleased with my local dealer and love the Veracruz.
  • jaxquestjaxquest Member Posts: 6
    I been on the phone back and forth about 2 weeks and at the dealer,I get a call and told come down and could do the Limited with ultra package for $30,700. i WAS very sketical,but kept asking the questions,they wanted a sale,last day of the month,etc etc.I get there after a few minutes the manager sits down and gives me a song,I go off ,PS DEALER IS HEMIT in QUEENS NY ON HILSIDE AVE.I was told maybe you,got it wrong,I tell the manager to get his salesman,he comes out and says I needed a sale,the bottom line I didn't get the limited.

The manager says the best I could do is 32,000 for the veracruz se premium, and with a aftermarket dvd installed by them.there were 2 reasons why I didn't buy it,one it was blue with black interior,and i wanted silver or silver beige.And I was promised the Limited and was'nt buying it today when they gave me a song and a dance,and told I should train my salesman better.He was trained awesome I think,he got me in and could'nt complete the deal.What do you think
    Just the run of the mill car sales CRAP!!!!

That's why I don't do phone and dealer visits.

Everything is lined up when I go to sign the papers thru email/Fax.
    NEMET MOTORS,I meant to say
  • toasttoast Member Posts: 50
    The Hyundai website if offering a Veracruz GLS FWD for $349 a month for 30 months with $2,500 down through the end of April. Doesn't seem like that bad of a deal when compared to the GLS Santa Fe for $299 a month/$2,000 down for 30 months or an Acura MDX $499 a month for 36 months and $3,419 down.

Now I just need to find a dealer who is willing to accept this deal. Many dealers balk at the corporate lease offers because they make very little off of them. Just another reason why Hyundai will have trouble if they ever do jump to a premium brand. If a deal is advertised nationally a local dealer should comply with the term of the national deal.
  • nthenthe Member Posts: 414
    "I answered the keyless start question on the general board in detail, but I believe the short answer is keyless start is available as an option on the limited (but is bundled with a zillion other options that cost a lot of bucks). "

i dont see remote start as an option, just the proximity key (smart key) which should just unlock the doors when you get near it.
    you are having trouble finding a dealer who will do this lease special? i work at a hyundai dealership, and i didn't realize it was an option to not stick with the national prices. its like a dealership not giving you the manuf. rebate.
    "Question: Do you guys think I can get the SE + entertainment package for 28K + TTL? "

3K below invoice on a vehicle thats not even 1 month old? not a chance.
    "Remember they have the longest warranty period, else you'd have to wait after its 5yr/60,000 milse. "

the warranty on radio and audio equipment is 3 yr/ 36k miles
    Actually proximity key includes keyless start. It's a complete system. They is no key needed... just a fob that activates everything.
    this is straight from the veracruz manual

"Once inside the vehicle, press in (the smart key) and turn the ignition switch to start the vehicle."

so there is no remote start from outside the vehicle (which is what i think of with remote start).
    Hmmm... I can't find a picture of the key anywhere. I've only driven a base model so I'm not really sure.
    "Hmmm... I can't find a picture of the key anywhere. I've only driven a base model so I'm not really sure. "

it looks almost exactly like the key fob from the base model, just with a plastic piece on one end (to insert in the dash). it has the same functions as the base model remote (lock/unlock/tailgate control/panic alarm).
  • dwisordwisor Member Posts: 1
    Bought mine on March 28th. Tried to test drive at another dealership, and they didn't have any. Ended up at Castle Hyundai in New Castle, DE. Walked onto the lot and saw a GLS marked with a Market Adjustment of $3000. Thought I was going to have to fight for a good deal. We test drove and loved it. We were looking for Silver with Black Cloth Interior. They had a Silver SE in stock with Black Leather. I told them to give us their best deal, and I believe they did. We bought it off their lot that night. Only cliched salesman line I heard throughout the experience was their claim that they had sold 5 the week before. Then he realized he told me earlier that he hadn't even seen one himself yet. He covered that by claiming that he had been on vacation. Ok, so here's the punchline:

2007 Veracruz SE FWD with 5 miles
    Liquid Silver with Black Leather Interior
    Premium and Leather Package
    Carpeted Floor Mats

Dealer Add Ons:
    Pin Stripes
    Door Edge Guards
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $32,170.00
    Dealer Add Ons: $ 995.00
    Total Sticker: $33,165.00
    Our Price: $31,588.00
    Out the door price $32,947.00

We are very happy with our Veracruz!
    Manufaturer invoice is $30,333 for the car/options.

The MSRP for the dealer add ons is really inflated at $995.

The wheel locks are $41, door edge guards at less than $40, and the pin striping may be worth $100-150.

Glad you are happy!!!!
  • mainprizemainprize Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a Veracruz GLS (in the U.S. this is similar to an SE AWD). We are wondering what people in Canada have paid for this vehicle. The MSRP is $39995 plus PDI for this model. Would appreciate your input.
    I was just priced for the hyundai veracruz se awd with entertainment package includes dvd ,better radio and the conversation mirror. silver and grey leather and cargo tray

vehicle 32,680
    tax 2,736
    extended warranty 995
    reg 140
    tire tax 12
    document fee 45
    inspection 10

total price otd 36618.59

let me know what you think
    AM I GETTING A GOOD DEAL
  • xj220xj220 Member Posts: 78
    Yeah, that's a grat deal. Too bad your taxes are so high. I'd ditch the extended warranty.
    I was getting a offer better than that but would have to travel; 90 miles and the car is so new ,don't think warranty is good to get,i know they are making money on it
    I just purchased a HYUNDAI VERACRUZ SE AWD liquid silver and grey leather interior,
    with entertainment package and 10 year extended bumper to bumper warranty for 35,700 OTD not including reg will be picking it up monday,did I get a good deal. Let me know.....................
  • luxie2luxie2 Member Posts: 11
    My husband and I are in the process of negotiations currently on a GLS at a dealership in Edmonton. It is hard to say what the actual cost of the veracuz is as we are trading an FJ cruiser. We think we are getting a good price but time will tell. One thing you might want to dispute is the "winter package" they may be trying to charge for. When I asked the dealer what was included in the $995 he said it was a block heater, mud guards and winter fluids. We found out we could get a block heater ourselves and have it installed for about $200, the mud guards are included with the GLS and the "winter fluids" was windshield washer fluid. Anyway now have a quote at $1000 off the original price he quoted.
    I picked up my VERACRUZ on Saturday and it was a pleasant ,I purchased it from carbone auto group in UTICA NY and my saleman was Sean,and it was a pleasure.No bait and switch no add on fees ,and I love it
  • octo13erocto13er Member Posts: 10
    I've been working them over on price. I've gotten several :P offers and one really good one. Almost too good to be true but I'm waiting for a manager approved OTD price. The most recent offer is $1500 below invoice and $4500 below MSRP on a LOADED VC Ultimate. Including mud guards, floor mats and saddle leather interior. They said they could factory order it but it'd take 8-10 weeks. I said waiting isn't a problem. Heck, I can wait until next year if the price is right.

I'm really glad I found Edmunds.com. The last time I bought a new car (the only time I've ever bought a new car) I paid full MSRP. I thought that's just what they costs and that haggling was for used cars. I guess I learned my lesson there. Won't happen again!

OCTO13ER
  • octo13erocto13er Member Posts: 10
    This is what I've got so far:

Veracruz AWD $31,534 Invoice= $31,534
    Ultimate Pkg. w/Saddle Interior $2,910 Invoice= $2,912
    Freight $690 Invoice= $690
    Advertising $500 Invoice= $0
    Accesories: Floor Mats $0 Invoice= $100
    Mud Guards $0 Invoice= $73
    Wheel Locks $0 Invoice= $41
    Total for Vehicle and Accesories $35,634 Invoice= $35,350
    Difference $284 over Invoice

Tax $2,326.96
    Title/License $143.00
    Dock Fee $50.00

TOTAL (Out the Door)= $38,153.96

Lotta' money, but probably the best deal we'll find. Factory order needs $500 deposit by Saturday and will take 8-10 weeks. After Saturday the next order date is in two weeks. Natural Khaki body color only comes with beige interior. For Premium Saddle interior the only colors are Liquid Silver, Black Diamond, Satin Beige and Dark Bronze. We can take delivery on this car without Saddle interior in the Natural Khaki with Beige interior in about a week. I'd rather wait. Of my choices, what color should I get? NOT BLACK!! :P

OCTO13ER
  • jn2007jn2007 Member Posts: 2
    I was waiting for some incentives but my trade in car was almost done (lots of bugs)

Just got my new Veracruz from a dealer in Orange County, CA

$500 below invoice and actually got about $1000 more than I could of for my trade on the open market so I Saved +$1400 at least. (brought in all kinds of documentation saying trade was worth more-*hee hee*)

It was a good deal

Diamond Black W/ Grey interior
  • richardr35richardr35 Member Posts: 8
    Just curious, why ditch the warranty? you don't know how many miles he drives. Or are you willing to pay for any repairs not covered by the warranty after the warranty period? If you think you can find a warranty for less than 995 maybe it would be best if you posted what type you can get him and for how much? If he's getting a 10 yr 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty with no deductible for only 995 I for one think that is awesome, imagine no warranty issues for 100,000 miles? I guess if you can fix it yourself it wouldn't be worth it. and congrats to all of you that have already bought you're new Veracruz's, enjoy them they do ride nice!
  • richardr35richardr35 Member Posts: 8
    If you are happy with your purchase then yes you got a great deal, and too all of you out there, if you're happy with the deal that you got, it was a good deal. You don't need someone else telling you that you got a good deal, just be happy and enjoy buying a new vehicle, it can still be fun!
  • frasierdogfrasierdog Member Posts: 128
    If you are happy with your purchase then yes you got a great deal ...

Nonsense, this is Postmodernism thinking, as in there is no objective truth.

If someone paid $20,000 over MSRP, they may be happy, but it would still be a bad deal.

A good starting point is:
    (invoice - % of dealer holdback + no ad fees + no dealer prep fees)

• mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    $500 below invoice? Do you mean $500 below M.S.R.P.? If you actually got it for $500 less than what the dealer paid that's quite a deal.