Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Veracruz Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eadlertxeadlertx Posts: 20
    What important differences, if any, were there between the 2007 and 2008.
    Thanx
  • chen91chen91 Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2007 VC LTD FWD with ultimate package and premium leather for $30,500 from a dealer in Austin. The price did include the $500 competitive bonus. According to Edmunds, this was $3,300 under invoice!
  • mdhuttonmdhutton Posts: 195
    Good analysis. I see some early pricing on the '08 Limited to be even more favorable.

I calculate the same $1745 price increase from 2007 to 2008 as you do, keeping in mind that the 2008 includes many items from last year's Ultimate package now standard. I have seen an '08 Limited with a $1500 add-on for the rear-seat DVD as a separate option.

So, backing the cost of the DVD ($1500) out of last year's Ultimate package ($2950), you get a $1450 value to the equipment that is now standard. Backing that figure out of the $1745 price increase, you're left with a net increase of $295 for a similarly-equipped 2008 Limited. This is a .91% increase if you're after the FWD version and .86% if you're after the AWD version.

Amazing! I hope production will keep up with what is sure to be some great demand.
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    Was this a true purchase or the balloon finance deal?
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    NEW EQUIPMENT HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2008
    · LG navigation system
    · Previously optional equipment on Limited model, now standard
    o Memory settings for power driver seat, exterior mirrors and steering wheel
    o Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel
    o Adjustable gas and brake pedals
    o Proximity key with immobilizer
    o Rain-sensing wipers
    o 115-volt power outlet
    o Lighted door scuff plates
    · Power tailgate and 115-volt outlet now available on SE model

More here:

http://www.hyundainews.com/Media_Kits/2008_Models/Veracruz/Press_Release.asp
  • eadlertxeadlertx Posts: 20
    Does anyone know if the 2008 VC has additional exterior colors?
    Thanx
    This was truly a purchase, paid in full. There was no financing through the dealership.
    Sounds good.

Please provide the details so we can all benefit.

Thanks!
    I purchased my VC at Gillman Hyundai in South Austin. I had made the decision that I wanted to purchase the VC, and I new what was on the lot at all the local dealerships. I was hoping to purchase an identical VC with less options at Classic in Round Rock, so we talked to them, and took one for a test drive for an afternoon. We actually drove Classic's VC to Gillman (which had an identical VC with more options). We told the salesman to have their manager give us their best deal, and he/she did. Classic wouldn't come close when we returned the car, so we purchased from Gillman. That's it....I think we got a great deal!
    You did get a great deal!

You are #1 on the board for the best deal on a new Veracruz.

The new benchmark is at least $3000 below invoice.
  • Cheri91 said:
    I just purchased a 2007 VC LTD FWD with ultimate package and premium leather for $30,500 from a dealer in Austin. The price did include the $500 competitive bonus. According to Edmunds, this was $3,300 under invoice!

Can you share any more details on this deal? This is without a doubt the best deal I have ever seen posted! Did you pit one dealer against another? I'm not having too much difficulty in getting dealers to give me an "at invoice" price (which makes me curious as to how much holdback there really is), but even throwing in all the incentives, this is a tremendous deal. Your negotiating tips would be greatly appreciated!
  • cplyonscplyons Posts: 20
    See this Business Week article:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_21/b4035069.htm

This may be the most relevant paragraph:

" Despite an array of new models with quality and styling at levels unimaginable even as recently as five years ago--and more discounts to boot--sales growth has flattened. Hyundai's inventory of unsold vehicles has quickly swelled. The company, which was the fastest-growing carmaker in the U.S. from 2000 to 2005, had a target of selling one million vehicles in North America by 2010. Forget that. The goal has been quietly scaled back to 700,000, with a 2012 benchmark of 900,000 sales."

The article goes on to describe stadium parking lots full of unsold Hyundais at the factory. Believe me, the dealers are ready to bargain, especially on the higher end vehicles. I got $1,100 below invoice on my loaded Veracruz just for asking...
    Great post!

Just like the current housing market, the smart consumer has all the power.

If you cannot get $3000 below invoice, walk away!

For a smart consumer, buying a new car is a preference, not a necessity.

Good luck and keep posting the great deals.
  • carlupicarlupi Posts: 52
    $3300 under invoice sounds "too good to be true". Maybe it is actually $3300 under MSRP. The Veracruz has been getting great reviews, seems to be selling well, etc.. Unless dealers are getting record breaking holdbacks from Hyundai they cannot be selling at this price and stay in business.
    I would tend to agree, but the numbers being shown for the Limited VC are about 3K plus under invoice. Maybe the Hyundai dealers are getting $2K of marketing support from the factory then selling the car at $1300 below invoice using discounts and factory to buyer cash. They still do fairly well with those numbers.
  • You're absolutely right. How many businesses would stay in business for very long if they negotiated each sale at $3300 less than their cost. Answer: none.

I would tend to believe a tremendous amount of advertising support from Korea and generous holdbacks. Add to that the fact that the '08s are on the way and dealers want and need to move the '07s...especially the FWD '07s when the AWD '08s will be the demand as the snow begins to fly in a few months.

I'm waiting for an AWD LTD with Navi myself.
  • Hopefully you saw my post on August 30th, explaining the details. I didn't set out to go back and forth between dealerships. We were actually talking to Classic about purchasing a VC on their lot. They posted a red tag sale price ($34,419), and verbally came another $1,000 off from that. So, we decided to drive across town to check out their sale. We walked in, told the salesperson we were going to purchase a car by the end of the weekend, and asked for their best price on nearly the same VC (Gillman's had the cross rails and only 11 miles on the VC). $31,000 is what they told us, and they honored it later that evening. It was pretty painless. When we went to sign the papers, I asked about the "competitive bonus", and they gave us that too, making the price, $30,500 plus TT&L.
    Again, Congrats on a great deal!

$3K under invoice is the new standard!
  • First of all, THANK YOU to all of you who have posted your price/buying experience. I was set to purchase the perfect '07 last week and walked away from an insulting sales manager with bogus math. I was so happy to be able to counter his $43K OTD with some numbers and feel confident about it. (BTW, Hyundai's finance calculator doesn't even go that high!)

When I got home, I found the numbers for the '08s and realized the'08 Limiteds (without Entertainment package) are actually less than the '07 Limiteds (with Ultimate package). Since our kids really don't need more screen time, that's more like what we would like.

My question: Has anyone driven an '08? Does the driving experience/options feel any different than the '07? When we purchased our previous car, we found out a year can make a HUGE difference in driving experience -- even if there's nothing obvious in the specs. I have called around and there are dealers with the '08 on the lot, but not up here in NorCal.
    Did anyone get a good deal over the long weekend?