Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu Interior

Comments

• paopao Posts: 1,867
    wow havent seen ya in a while..had a few on my red sport metallic one...the nufinish polish did ok...for mine....two coats covered them except for one deep one...but hey..just rolled over 70K in it this weekend...so it has a few more road warrior abrasions on it....so was fine with the outcome of the nufinish...
  • maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,341
    Is there no rubbing compound for clear coat paint out there?
  • Corrosion technologies makes a polish called REJEX (you can find it with a web search), about $20 a bottle. This stuff is a siliconx compound that's used by the military to keep bugs, exhaust and other stuff off their vehicles.

There's very little abrasiveness to this compound, which is applied with a soft towel, allowed to dry for around 10 - 20 minutes, and wiped off. Wiping off is easy save you have to turn the towel a lot to avoid buildup and "dragging".

The stuff lasts longer than any wax I have used; around 3 - 4 months - and definitely helps keep bugs from sticking. Don't use it on rough black plastic, though, as it can leave a white haze behind.
  • Am wondering if any other '04+ malibu/maxx owners have had their shift lever break?
    The plastic handle on my shifter has become wobbly and can be lifted up a good distance (I don't force it as I'd probably break the wires going to the handle controller).

Anyone had to deal with this? Any fixes come to mind, plz?
  • Well, the gearshift is fixed. The problem turned out to be a loose allenhead screw that was fixed by a local dealer (gasp) for nothing.

For those who are having the same problem, the trick is to pull down the plastic "pyramid" just below the main shift handle to expose this allenhead screw facing the rear window, tighten it, then push the plastic pyramid back up so it meets the handle once again.
  • I'm looking for a seat cover that will fit my 2004 new body style malibu lt. I tried "auto expressions" seat covers from murray's auto and it would not fit over the base of the seat. The plastic base is quite large. Has anyone had any luck finding ones that properly fit? I have a light interior and I'd like to keep it clean. Suggestions? :blush:
  • yuryyury Posts: 146
    Hi,

Hope i am posting in the right area. I was wondering - with light color fabric on my 05 Malibu seats, the seats will probably get pretty dirty soon. Anybody come across decent washable covers for those seats ?

Thanks,
    Yury
    I have a lot tan leatherett seating in my 04 Maxx with 87K on it...and no noticeable dirt on them at all..no kids here..just adults and a large dog.....but they have held up well
    do they fit ok ?

where did you get them from ?
    these are the OEM seats..no covers...my point was I have 87K on these seats and have no problems with staining or dirt....
    oh, i misundersood.
    that's good, however my seats are rather light in color, and i already hase minor stains that are visible. nothing out of the ordinary, but if i had a decent washable cover that'd make life a bit easier.
    i ordered some on ebay, hope they will turn out ok.
  • jemawdjemawd Posts: 1
    You should try a plastic scratch remover that is available at most auto parts stores. A bottle is fairly inexpensive and it worked great on my 04 silver dash trim.
    It's marketed as headlight and lens polish.
  • grantcivgrantciv Posts: 4
    Thanks for the tip! My scratches are pretty ugly, so I hope it's up to the job.

Still, I'd appreciate any info about replacing the trim in case the scratch remover isn't enough. I was also curious as to the price I might expect to pay for the part from a junkyard or something.

Thanks again! :)
    take a looks at this: link title

it is an eBay listing for a iPod adapter for this generation of Malibus complete with installation instructions. Scroll down to see the dash part of the instructions, looks like the first few steps are what you will need to do.
    Thanks very much for the link, yury. The instructions weren't very detailed on the particular step I was interested in, but at least I know it can be done without much effort.

Again, if anyone has other info they can share, I'm happy to get all the help I can.

Thanks!
    in the step 5 says "unclip and remove" :) i wonder if there's much more to it :)
    you want those long horizontal silver panels removed, right ?
    I was wondering, there's an oval rubber cover on the dash to the right and below the steering column. looks like it covers some connectors. What are these ?

Thanks
    Yes, the one long panel on the passenger side is the one.

I figure it's not too complicated, but I also don't want to damage the part. I tried removing it earlier today, but I couldn't see any obvious clips. The piece was beginning to flex, but I didn't want to force it without knowing that that's the way to do it.
This discussion has been closed.