Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu Interior

2»

Comments

• paopao Posts: 1,867
    these are the OEM seats..no covers...my point was I have 87K on these seats and have no problems with staining or dirt....
  • yuryyury Posts: 146
    oh, i misundersood.
    that's good, however my seats are rather light in color, and i already hase minor stains that are visible. nothing out of the ordinary, but if i had a decent washable cover that'd make life a bit easier.
    i ordered some on ebay, hope they will turn out ok.
  • jemawdjemawd Posts: 1
    You should try a plastic scratch remover that is available at most auto parts stores. A bottle is fairly inexpensive and it worked great on my 04 silver dash trim.
    It's marketed as headlight and lens polish.
  • grantcivgrantciv Posts: 4
    Thanks for the tip! My scratches are pretty ugly, so I hope it's up to the job.

Still, I'd appreciate any info about replacing the trim in case the scratch remover isn't enough. I was also curious as to the price I might expect to pay for the part from a junkyard or something.

Thanks again! :)
    take a looks at this: link title

it is an eBay listing for a iPod adapter for this generation of Malibus complete with installation instructions. Scroll down to see the dash part of the instructions, looks like the first few steps are what you will need to do.
    Thanks very much for the link, yury. The instructions weren't very detailed on the particular step I was interested in, but at least I know it can be done without much effort.

Again, if anyone has other info they can share, I'm happy to get all the help I can.

Thanks!
    in the step 5 says "unclip and remove" :) i wonder if there's much more to it :)
    you want those long horizontal silver panels removed, right ?
    I was wondering, there's an oval rubber cover on the dash to the right and below the steering column. looks like it covers some connectors. What are these ?

Thanks
    Yes, the one long panel on the passenger side is the one.

I figure it's not too complicated, but I also don't want to damage the part. I tried removing it earlier today, but I couldn't see any obvious clips. The piece was beginning to flex, but I didn't want to force it without knowing that that's the way to do it.
  • prdmprdm Posts: 145
    Not covering anything. Simply key bumper.
    ok, thanks :)
    Hi, All

I have a low mileage 05 LS. There's a fair bit of squeaking coming from the dashboard when I drive over bumps. Also as of yesterday the driver's seat developed a squeaking sound when I press against the back.

Any thoughts on the subject ? The silver panel on the dash seems to be producing most of the sounds.
  • malexbumalexbu Posts: 169
    Can it be the plastic parts rubbing against each other?

If so, inserting small pieces of foam into some openings between the parts might help get rid of the sound. (I know, a trivial advice and you've likely thought of it :-)).
  • rvothrvoth Posts: 147
    I too have a 05 LS ,my driver's seat also squeaked when i got in or moving side to side. GM replaced the whole seat frame and the squeak is gone. I think GM cheaped out on the frame construction ,my 1990 Beretta driver's seat doesn't squeak and it's old as the hills in car years.

The dashboard squeaks only in cold weather ,rubber edging is rubbing against the glass, goes away when the temp goes above -5C.
    well, it might not be in just a few places...besides i suspect the long panel on the dash, it's not fitted that well. i can't think of how i would padd all of it.
    ok, i still have warranty, i will use it :)
    thanks.

btw, i noticed the glass squeaking then cold, but i think the long silver panel squeaks as well in temps way abowe -5C.
    ok, they fixed it. they didn't replace the frame, instead jut put some insulation at the place where it was squeaking. It's been 2 days, so far so good.
  • joethjoeth Posts: 2
    so i just got rear ended and now my trunk wont close. inside the bumper cover is dented in a few inches and the trunk latch cant reach the bottom bracket to grab on and close. is the bracket attached to the frame (meaning the frame is bent) or is it a piece i can take off and replace? thanks!
  • thekingtheking Posts: 107
    Why worry...Go after the other person's ins....getting hit in the rear;in most cases,it is that driver's fault :)
  • 04cad04cad Posts: 131
    I recently reacquired a 1998 Malibu with the factory aluminum rims and the clear coat is pretty much gone and there is surface corrosion on the rims. What is the best way to refinish them myself? Has anyone else tried to refinish their own rims? I thought about taking a wire brush in an air grinder and cleaning up the outer surface to remove the rest of the clear coat and surface corrosion and then spraying on a clear coat. Any thoughts on whether this would last for a few years or not at all? thanks
  • 04cad04cad Posts: 131
    When refinishing aluminum rims yourself are there any things to watch out for? thanks
  • Last week my wife and I bought a 2007 Malibu LT 4 dr sdn with the 6 cyl engine. We are now looking for some after market accessories for it. Can anyone recommend a website where we can purchase some different goodies to dress up our car?
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    what particular are you looking for...to be honest..not much out there for the Malibu.....
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,019

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• joesymjoesym Posts: 1
    Do you know where I can find the cruise control button for a 1998 Chevy Malibu?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    No comments on the new Malibu?
  • I was wondering has anyone replaced both radio buttons on malibu and if so can you reply? Do they just pull out or do you have to remove the whole radio. Thanks
  • Hi.. I'm new here.. i have a '98 Chevy malibu and i'm lookin to do an engine swap. i currently have the 3.1L SFI V6 and want to upgrade to a 3.4L mostly for the fact that you can super charge the 3.4L.. the 3.4L is out of a 2001 Pontic Grand Am.. and i need some questions answered.. first of all.. Will that engine fit in my car? Will it work with the stock ECM? Will i need the ECM out of the Grand Am? Will it work with the stock Automatic transmisson out of the Malibu? Also would it be possible to do 5SPD conversion using the componets out of the Grand Am? if possible email me back.. Thanks!!
2»
This discussion has been closed.