Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Cherokee

Comments

• hi, i also had exactly same problem. at first, i had a coolant leak somewhere, then i decided to use those sealant, then the problem gone away, immediately after that, my oil pressure start dropping to 0 psi upon warming up. have you figured this out by any chance?
  • i'm having exactly same problem on 2001 grand cherokee limited I6. searched on the internet for months, and still havn't found anyone that claims a definite solution. since money is really the issue, i really dont' want to replace oil pump, oil pressure sending unit, etc etc until i can be sure it's really the cause. before the oil pressure problem popped out, i had a coolant leaking issue, i fixed it by dumping some stop leaking sealant, then the coolant leaking problem is gone, but oil pressure drop to 0 problem came immediately after that. i found some other people also had coolant leaking problem prior to the pressure problem. my guess is the coolant leaking and oil pressure dropping are related. i'm not familiar with the mechanical details, but could somehow the coolant leaking hole is connected to the engine oil tunnel? such that the nasty "stop leaking sealant" product flow into the engine oil tunnel and causing the oil pressure sensor to read low? this is such a painful experience, could someone give some advice?
  • Stop leak is nothing but a band aid on an artery. Just covers the underlying problem and does nothing to fix it. (not trying to be a jerk) Sounds as though you may have a blown head gasket. Do you have milky oil? :shades:
  • there's no milky oil, engine oil looks normal. i'm so stressed out about it driving to work every day... help!
  • tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    go and get a oil pressure gage from auto zone pep boys etc
    install it with a line to read pressures (gage is mechanical so tells you exact oil pressure ) run engine see what oil pressure is if stays up sending unit is bad if falls off oil pump is bad
  • mcjt22mcjt22 Posts: 3
    try replacing the thermostat?
  • mandm4mandm4 Posts: 7
    Is it possible to have a blown head gasket if oil is clean and not loosing any coolant any where. On a 2000 JGC 4.7 engine have milky oil in the oil cap only.Replaced oil cap and o-ring. Replaced PCV and hose. At first thought was a head gasket but not showing any of the signs. Do have a little smell of coolant in cabin. Rad is full. Oil is clean. I thank that some how steam is getting there and doing this not sure though.Thanks
  • Because of heat/cold, it's possible that it may just be condensation on the cap.I have seen this happen on other vehicles. A coolant smell (sweet smell) in the passenger cabin probably means a small leak on the heater core.Keep an eye on your coolant levels and your oil. Does your exhaust smell like antifreeze? A blown head gasket doesn't always allow coolant to mix with oil, it may be forced into the cylinder and burned with the fuel. Good luck! :shades:
  • motodadmotodad Posts: 2
    anyone ever have this problem with tilt on steering wheel getting loose? if so how do you get to bolts to tighten it.

Thanks
  • spazzsticspazzstic Posts: 1
    i have replaced my battery and alternator and still my battery keeps going dead. What can cause the battery not to charge right.

First I had an alternator that was over charging up to 19. I replaced it then went back to auto zone had them check the battery and alternator again. My battery was junk so I replaced it right there at the store Had them run a check and the alternator tested bad. So I then replaced the alternator again making sure we checked to make sure it was good before I took it home. Now I should have a good battery and alternator. However after replacing the alternator again. I started up the jeep and let it run. Well it died and couldn't restart it. The battery was dead. I hooked up a battery charger and let it charge. After the battery was charged. I ran my jeep only to have the battery light come on again and the battery to keep draining.

What can be going on here?
  • fisherpatfisherpat Posts: 7
    You have to pull the steering wheel and tighten the bolts inside. Chilton shows you how.
  • fisherpatfisherpat Posts: 7
    Check the ground. Sounds like you have a bad one.
  • paulepaule Posts: 382
    I concur with believing this is a ground issue. Trace your ground cable from the battery to the sheet metal where it attaches. Remove the bolt, grind the sheet metal until you have bare metal, reattach the ground wire and spray the bare metal with a clear corrosion spray.

Also check/clean the ground from the engine block to the body.

It may look perfectly fine but it most likely isn't. You cannot tell a corroded ground by just looking at the cable.
  • When I attempt using the a/c, it barely cools and the compressor clutch chatters. Why?
  • Is it difficult to change the right rear axle seal on my 2002 GC? Its leaking...
    My best guess is the bearings in the compressor are going bad. Also, check the belt.
    Not sure about the '02 but those are typically a little more than the average backyard mechanic will want to attempt. I'd do a google search on it. Odds are someone has done them and has photos of the procedure.
  • A journalist would like to speak with a consumer who has recently installed an aftermarket GPS unit, rear entertainment unit, remote key entry, or back up camera. If interested, please send an email by Thursday, Sept 30, including the item you purchased/installed, your name, and phone number to pr@edmunds.com.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• pole2pole2 Posts: 18
    If you find somebody please let me know. I have Jeep Cherokee 2007 Diesel and i would like to install all this gear to. Please let me know.
    Wojtek
    wojtek90@hotmail.com
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Please don't include your email address in postings to the Forums. Thanks!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper