Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra Spec V vs Honda Civic Si

Comments

• eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    first of all, wiley and iomatic; excellent posts.

The one thing i think you are missing james is this; this is a forum for the NEW spec v vs THE NEW si.

and since we have plenty of info of which car is the sharper handler, i guess that leaves that question answered.

Will anyone ever compare your year spec v to the new si? no probably not. which means we can only go back and look at previous reviews for the nissan and compare them to the si.

I'm sure the spec v is quick, there is not doubting that. But lets forget bias for a minute (since you think there is too much of it from anyone who dislikes the sentra, which makes no sense, seeing as how thats about the biggest bias i've ever seen.), and just gon on numbers/reviews.

It seems pretty obvious that while styling is out the window, the new spec v's chassis is superior and puts out better HANDLING (notice i did not say acceleration?) numbers than the old spec v. If thats the case, how do you think that the old spec v would fare against a new si, which posts better handling numbers than even the new sentra se-r?

You prefer torque, some prefer handling. and to you anyone elses opinion or facts mean nothing.

i like the se-r, but the si is simply the better handler, and it has BEEN PROVEN. have you driven the si? i have not driven the spec v, but i'm not making assumptions that are as sure and intense as yours.

james, no one likes a fan boy, but you can at least admit to it. Nuff said. :P
    BYYYAAHHHAAHAAA! :P

hilarious! :D
  • thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    The one thing i think you are missing james is this; this is a forum for the NEW spec v vs THE NEW si.

actually...it just says Nissan Sentra Spec V vs. Honda Civic Si. It doesn't say "New" or "2007" or anything like that...

I would say "Nuff Said" but i hate that phrase...

-thene :)
    this thread was created when an article on edmunds about the se-r came out, and the reviewers made many comparisons on the NEW si.

just common sense.
  • jd10013jd10013 Posts: 779
    They are biased believe it or not

just mention the ford challenge where people perferred the fussion over the accord and camry and they'll agree with you :P
  • gersigersi Posts: 2
    Drove both got the SI. I found the shifting to be much smother. Liked the SI interior and fold down rear seats.
  • james31278james31278 Posts: 78
    My rear seats fold down too.
    but they don't on the new spec v.

which is what all these comparos have been about...something that you have yet to grasp apparently.
    that was a joke.

awd vs 2 fwd cars.

yeah, thats balanced and fair. why not compare it to a subaru legacy and see how well it fares?

and just because THOSE reviewers preferred it does not MAKE it better. puh-lease. :blush:
    jd - agree with a statement you made in another thread - its very apparent in many of the nissan threads.

maybe, just maybe, the fusion is really that good of a car! why is that so hard to believe? because fords werent good in the past? believe me, i am not a ford fan at all, and don't plan on getting one in the next 30 years or so...but things do change, and cars get better/worse...

besides, those people liked more than just the awd vs. fwd handling of those cars...

my two cents...

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Tell me about it.

While we're talking about the Nissan that debuted several years ago, why not compare the 93 Civic to the 93 Sentra. That'd be as productive as talking about any other old models (lots of new information always flowing in - NOT).

:)
    you are totally right; it was more than just awd.

the fusion has an interesting interior and they chose the blandest versions of the accord and camry they could find. (why not a nice camry se? or a nice v-6 accord?)

the rest is personal opinion and does not make the fusion better than the other two, its just preference.

i know many who would not be caught dead in a fusion especially when a nice accord is the other choice.
    good post grad. and entertaining as always. ;)
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Did I take a wrong turn on the way to the Spec V vs Si discussion? :sick:
    i love my spec V!!!

(does that help pat?) ;)

-thene :P
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Haha, yes thank you, I feel much better! :D
  • sstrangeesstrangee Posts: 2
    I usually don't put my 2-cents in on these types of discussions cause both cars are capable of being tuned and tricked and everyone is entitled to the car they enjoy driving.

But, I bought BOTH cars on the same day. I bought the 2007 Nissan Spec V for me and my wife bought the 2007 Honda Si. I've driven both cars (stock) several times.

Now, we're talking stock here, so...

I felt that the Spec V performs better overall. Driving the Spec V for the first time made me feel like the car wanted me to push it. The car cornered and braked with ease and did it smoothly. The interior is roomy and everything is "right there" in front of you.

I also drive the Si (this isn't MY daily driver). The first thing that I noticed, the first time I drove it, is that the dashboard feels like it's all the way up at the windshield. I felt like I was looking down a tunnel to see the speedometer. Another thing is the Si comes with the Titanium shifter. I touched that thing and almost burnt my hand off (the car was sitting in the sun all day and it was 110 that day and it takes forever for that thing to cool down -- so have a driving glove handy). Anyway, I felt the Si (although quick) was a little sluggish off the line, but handled just as smoothly as the Spec V in the cornering department.

Overall, for me it came down to looks and that little extra "umph" the Spec V has. But, I like the look of the Spec V over the Si. The Si still has the "Civic" look which is a total turn off for me.

Now, the main advantage that the Honda has over the Nissan is the warranty. The Honda's warranty is by far hands down, far superior than Nissan's. And this was a deciding factor for my wife to take the Si over us buying another Spec V.

Thanks.
    thanks for the review sstrangee!

i've been out of the biz for a bit, but i remember nissan having a 3yr 36k mile bumper to bumper, and 5yr 60k powertrain. what does honda have?

• sivicmansivicman Posts: 32
    Did anyone see the comparison test in the August '07 Motor Trend magazine? The Civic Si came out on top.
  • my 2007 civic si has a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty

the spec-v is fun to drive, and i would take the Spec over the Si sedan, but i prefer a coupe, and think the Si coupe looks way better than the spec-v in my opinion. I prefer the interior of the si and the handeling, not to mention the high revving. The placement of the speedometer is perfect for me, being 6'1..
    Glad they put the limited slip differential in the spec-v like the 07 has.

There is something i can certainly agree with, the older civics with those coffee can mufflers dont really go anywhere, and sound like an old rusty chain saw or weed wacker.
This discussion has been closed.