Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra Spec V vs Honda Civic Si

Lets try this again, this is a topic for both cars. Like the title says no fighting so if anyone tries don't respond.

Comments

• eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    VS.

probably the epitome of fighting.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    No, it's not. It's a place to compare the features and attributes of the two vehicles. It is not a place to fight, so please leave that notion outside the park. Thank you.
  • Pat you are correct, it is simply a comparison. The 07 Civic Si is 2886, my 2004 Spec V is estimated to be 2500lbs according to my insurance card. Maybe a little more I never totally believe what I read online. The 2007 spec V is 3078, Nissan should have stuck with the B15 until they could design a real chassis that French surrender chassis blows.
  • Pat something odd is going on our posts are duplicated. *update* nope its on all one page now, weird.
  • bullardohiobullardohio Posts: 23
    Has anyone driven these 2 cars back-to-back? I've driven the Civic Si sedan, & hope to drive the Spec V this weekend. Would appreciate anyone's comparison (driving impressions) of the 2 vehicles.....
  • iomaticiomatic Posts: 48
    I looked at it but, Nissan industrial design has gone downhill of late, so I'll be whipping by in my Si.
    So, for me:

Spec V = ugly. Si = tehsecksy

:)
    you pretty much summed it up.

but in all fairness, the spec v is slightly (ever so slightly) quicker than the si.

Styling may be subjective, but the civic in general is a better looking car imo. The spec v has got some nice torque, but the si's willingness to rev more than compensates for it.

Lets not even get started on chassis tuning. While the spec v posesses nice turn in, the si is def more floggable and fun to drive. And it doesn't way a hundred tons either.
  • james31278james31278 Posts: 78
    I'll whip by the 07 Spec V in my 04 Spec V with ease. I have a much lighter better looking car too. With an instake and exhaust I can probably blow the doors off of the civic si too.
    With an instake and exhaust I can probably blow the doors off of the civic si too.

maybe slightly, but hardly 'blowing the doors off'. :blush:

and if you do, its becasue of the spec v's natural ability to be torquey, not because you have an intake and exahust, both of which are adding only slight hp/torque gains.
    Actually the Nismo CAI adds 15hp coupled with the Nismo Catback's 5hp. That's an easy 195hp. More than slight. The 2004 Spec V also has Drive by Wire and a raging case of haul [non-permissible content removed].
    the Nismo CAI adds 15hp coupled with the Nismo Catback's 5hp

and how much of that is going to the wheels? About 7 hp maybe? 15hp combined sounds right, but certianly not the the wheels; this would mean that hp being produced at the crank would be about almost 30...sorry your not going to get that n/a even with a cai and exhaust. And even so, despite the torque, your still shy 2 ponies of what the si produces stock. And isn't always unfair to go on about who you can rip a new one to when they are stock and you are not? :confuse:
    Even with the intake and exhaust I'm still pretty much stock. 2hp means nothing thats a negligible difference. You actually think 2 horses means anything come on. Also you have to remember the Civic SI is also heavier than my car. lol :)
    2hp means nothing thats a negligible difference

ofcourse it means nothing, i was just pointing out the civics superior hp per litre. And your right, it is a TOTALLY negligible difference....

hence why i brought up your whole concept of how much hp your cai and exhaust make. :blush: If its so negligible, i wonder why having them on your car makes a diff?

Even with the intake and exhaust I'm still pretty much stock.

any aftermarket additions=not stock anymore
    It would be stock enough, the Civic Si has a single tip exhaust. It really doesn't matter in the long run the Spec will always be better/faster. Vtec is all bark without any bite. Honda isn't even going to bring their fast cars to America, considering their "fast" cars are in the 220-250hp range. Honda and Toyota are permanently in the castrated slow lane.
    Vtec is all bark without any bite

really? any proof of this? Because there sure is a hell of a lot of proof that vtec pretty much makes an engine more powerful/efficient as a whole.

I know nissan hasn't taken to well with variable valve technology, so i understand your stand point. :P

If honda made a 2.5 4cyl it would eat the ser alive. (they have a 2.4 that already can. and a 2.0 that does more than hold its own.)

and the se-r being "better" is totally subjective. What is fact about the ser? it has a bigger engine, and more torque. But lets not get started on the low rent interior, crappy shifter, and horrilbe chassis that cant hold a candle to the si's. THAT is fact.
    Coming from an owner of an SE-R, me I know my car is more bite than bark. I see those vtec honda boys all the time they have loud exhausts on their cars and stuff yet when faced with a decent car they lose big time. That's odd how there haven't been any Honda owners on here commenting. That last part you said isn't remotely true, I know you're getting that garbage from the car reviews. Low rent interior yeah right, honda is a low rent car. What is your proof that honda's 2.4L engine can eat an SE-R alive?
  • vvileyvviley Posts: 46
    Do Honda owners need to comment? For the most part, we don't need to defend the competencies of our cars. People will buy what they think works well for them - and I think national sales figures say things well enough.

If I really wanted a Honda to get the job done, I'd just go get a 2.2L S2000. 0-60 in 5.5 is pretty agreeable with me (C&D). But I'm guessing even that wouldn't quiet the nay-sayers.
    As do the sentra sales numbers, I see alot of sentras.
  • vvileyvviley Posts: 46
    You may see a lot of Sentras, but check lists for most sold, most researched, and most stolen. People are either interested in one or are actively getting one... legally or otherwise.

To assist, here's some quickies I looked up.

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4023925
    http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4023900
    http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=2891
    Most of the stolen sentras are early 90's models. I see mostly 2000+ year models. I also have heard of people having problems with their Spec V's, odd since I haven't had any problems with mine what so ever. I have my suspicions.