Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX reliability, maintenance and quality

1234568»

Comments

• ventluckventluck Posts: 2
    Yes andthey says it was a leaking sunroof and the sparetire wheel well was full of water. it appears to be a design flaw. would this not be v=covered by GM because it is a design flaw?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    Good morning ventluck,
    If you would like for us to look into warranty questions for you, please email us the last 8 digits of your VIN, mileage, and summary of the situation to us at socialmedia@gm.com .
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • bocuibocui Posts: 4
    I have my car serviced at Mac Mulkin (Nashua, NH) dealership for the CUE system upgrade and the shifter recall fix. (They took me exact 1 week to finish this.)They gave me a free rental vehicle, when I got this rental car, the fuel tank is almost empty, one of the service manager told me I don't need to refill the gas before return. But after several days, they charged my about $15 dollars on the gas.
    I don't mind to pay for the gas, but they way they charge me make my so angry, 1. the service manager said I don't need to do this. 2. I return the car on Thursday afternoon around 3:00pm, why they don't charge me when I was there. 3. when I got the rental car, the fuel tank is almost empty, how can they charge me more than they had?
    I would not recommend this dealership to anyone according to their bad service and attitude to customer.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936
    Try posting in Dealer Ratings and Reviews - more people in NH will see it that way.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

bocui,
    We're sorry that you did not have a 100% satisfactory experience with one of our dealerships. If you would like for us to check into anything further for you, please don't hesitate to email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jcarrmejcarrme Posts: 1
    I have owned my SRX now fr a little over 5 years. When I bought the car I paid for an extended warranty. In the 5 years that I have owned the car I have had to replace 3 universal joints, 2 sets of tire rods, 2 wheel bearing, and the steering wheel has had to be replaced 2 times, and as of yesterday the timing belt had to be fixed. In November of 2012 I bought another extended warranty because of all the problems I have had with this lemon. The timing belt was the straw that broke the camel's back. I am dumping this car for something else. I am currently looking at BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Audi and Volvo. I will never buy another Cadillac, ever.
  • melwoodmelwood Posts: 1
    After reading a couple of pages of negatives regarding the Cadillac SRX, I have to say I must have gotten lucky. I just purchased a used SRX with 38,000 miles on it. The Carfax report said there were no issues or repairs made to the car other than regular maintenance. I am keeping my fingers crossed as I love this crossover and test drove many others before choosing the SRX. Honda was the worst with Toyota a close second. Does anyone else have anything positive to say about the Cadillac? Just wondering.
  • gm_bigotgm_bigot Posts: 19
    We had a heavy rainstorm on Monday and when my wife got into her 2010 SRX, the front passenger side floor was soaked. Water had poured in from under the dash and onto the floor. Took the vehicle to the dealership and it was determined that there was a problem with the sunroof drains. Apparently it is a known issue and there is a service bulletin regarding it. So if you ever have a wet floor, that would be the first thing to check out. I sincerely hope this is not a recurring issue as it was no fun soaking up water and using a blow dryer on the carpet. In any case, my wife and I love this vehicle and we have been extremely pleased with it.
    Hi gm_bigot

I hope everything goes well with your repair at the dealership. If you ever have any questions in the future about your vehicle we are here on the forum to be of assistance.

Regards

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • gm_bigotgm_bigot Posts: 19
    My wife's 2010 SRX is back in the shop again. She complained the other day that the a/c was blowing colder on the passenger side than the driver side even though both were set at the same temperature. A search on the web revealed a TSB on the issue. Apparently the desiccant bag (a bag of materials/chemicals that removes moisture from the air) ruptures and sends the desiccant throughout the system. This has the effect of destroying the condenser, compressor and just about every other component of the a/c system. The car is at the dealer now getting an entirely new a/c. This is a known issue and you would think that GM would recall the vehicles and replace the desiccant bag before it destroys the a/c. Instead, GM will eat the entire cost of a new a/c. Makes no sense. But I guess the strategy is to hope the bag ruptures after the vehicle is out of warranty. Then the uninformed customer can pay the several thousand dollar bill. The other issue is that the rear lift gate touch pad stopped working. That also has to be replaced and there is a TSB on this issue as well. Still love the SRX, but this kind of shoddy quality on some very basic components is maddening.
    Hello,

Sorry to hear that you've had these issues with your wife's Cadillac SRX. If you would like for us to document your concerns in our system, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Took in my 2010 SRX for an oil change at Symes Cadillac in Pasadena, CA. We were told that there was manufactured maintenance required. We already had the in cabin air filter replaced. We were told that the following were REQUIRED:

1. Clean fuel injectors and fuel system.... $297.13
    2. ABS fluid service. .. $149..

I receive emails from Cadillac telling me how the car is doing and also what service needs are coming up. I never read anything like the above.

I check the owners manual and did not find the above. Am I missing something? Are these really manufacture required services or did I get shanked once again by Symes?

I also noticed that my usual $75 oil change was over $125.
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    I am afraid they got you again. Just go by the owners manual. These extras are pure profit for the dealership.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936
    edited July 2013
    Have to agree with Bdyment. Although the brakes are supposed to be checked every 10,000 miles and brake fluid does absorb water. So a bit of an argument can be made that the brake fluid change wasn't a waste.

Please visit Dealer Ratings and Reviews and write a service review about your dealer.

And the Edmunds Car Maintenance Guide will tell you what Cadillac recommends be done (just like your owner's manual) and will estimate what the cost should be in your zip code.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,613
    I don't know about Cadillac, but most makes recommend changing brake fluid every two or three years...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Appreciate the comments by jcarrme. I am looking for an alternative to my Mercedes Benz ML350. It has been a maintenance nightmare so I would not recommend you look to Mercedes as an alternative. This is my 2nd ownership of a Mercedes as I had the C-Class prior to the SUV. I would not recommend you take that route in looking for alternatives.
  • bfabfa Posts: 1
    Does anyone have an issue with a creak or creaking sound coming from the rear? It occurs not so much going strait on over a bump, but more going over uneven terrain. Best way to make it happen or repeat Is going over a speed bump by hitting it an an angle, or turning into or off of a steep hill. Any solutions or sources? Thanks!
  • Well, I resolved the issue of the 2011 SRX creaking sunroof and overall lack of quality myself. I got rid of it. I decided against my anti-GM stance and we went with a GMC Acadia to replace the SRX. So far we are very happy and the sunroofs do not make any noise. The SRX had 18 service days in 37 months. I went to the Cadillac dealer and had them print out every service visit for me. It is quite a tale of woe. One and only Cadillac. Too bad.

• kredmannkredmann Posts: 1

THEY KNOW THE PROBLEM>.TYPICAL GM RESPONSE I have had a 2009 SRX that has leaked water into bottom well since purchase. First car is usually garage kept and really didn't notice for a long time when I smelled it. Dealer first said drain line was clogged. Months later smelled again,,, well full with water...this time standing water...same dealer then said gasket issue...changed sunroof gasket...next time changed rear door gasket...now well full of water...carpets ruined and moldy..metal all rusted...electronics in floor don't work for fold down seat...dealer says out of warranty when it was last there...complained to cadillac and had an occasional call that accomplished nothing...after so many other problems such as broken ac registers...broken ac knobs for rear unit...problems never experienced in 35 years of buying automobiles which speaks to cheap and poor quality control...anyone who buys a cadillac is not doing their research..and any company interested in its customers and want them to return would address the problems THEY KNOW WHATS WRONG!!! By denying half of all people will go away or trade in...the other 40% will persist and them give up..the people that take legal action and pursue will be made whole....and by that time cadillac will have saved 90% of what it rightfully owes and the 10% it has to pay is just a good deal for them.........What they really miss is most of my friend,family and colleagues spend the 40-75K on an automobile...and I love them knowing what a piece of crap this vehicle is and why it smells and why ac vents are broken....I can assure you they are not in the market for a cadillac...and never will be...Finally..the latest testimony on Capitol hill says it all for those who watched it...once such a great proud company who made quality products....so sad!

1234568»