Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X5

Comments

• yooper57yooper57 Posts: 2
    I want to buy an X5 and was planning on waiting for the '07, but I am now worried about the 3rd row seat change. Should I buy now or have BMW dealers traditionally offered deals at the end of a model year? I live in OC/LA.
  • lukewanglukewang Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking into buying a 2001 X5 with the manual transmission. Can you please share with me anything you can abou this car? I'm very concerned about the reliability but I do not know much about the car. Thanks in advance for sharing!

Luke
  • mxdim2001mxdim2001 Posts: 2
    Hey Nyccarguy,

I was wondering if I can find a BMW X5 Diesel in the USA. I want to buy the diesel option from the US but don't know if there are any available? Can you give me an advice on where to look for one?

Thank you in advance, I appreciate your effort,

Max
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,468
    X5 Diesels aren't available here in the USA :cry: Maybe we can hop that BMW will import them when they give us the next generation X5. The reason why it isn't available (yet) here is due to the fact that Europe's diesel fuel is MUCH cleaner than ours. I think the diesel would be a great option for people who do a lot of highway driving and towing. You get gobs of low end torque and great highway mileage.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter aims to speak with anyone who has owned a vehicle and found its controls to be complicated. Please respond to jfallonedmunds.com by Monday, July 17, 2006, and be sure to include your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• samdarrasamdarra Posts: 1
    I'm getting a new X5 4.4i next week, I'm currently on assignment in Saudi Arabia, (extreme heat, dry & dusty), any advise/tips will be appreciated

cheers
  • arvin1arvin1 Posts: 9
    :) I have a 2001 bmw x5 and i love it..not one problem yet..

52000 miles on it.
  • autophileautophile Posts: 14
    We've owned 5 new BMW's over the years, and our 2005 X5 is by far the best vechicle we've ever owned. We got it in April 2005 and it has been flawless to this point. A great long trip vehicle--very safe and secure on the road, smooth ride, quiet, roomy, and luxurious for an SUV. We love everything about it. I highly recommend it.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Be sure to report your mileage in BMW X3 & X5: MPG - Real
    World Numbers"
    and see how others are doing.

tidester, host
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,184
    Blogging Bob has some photos and news up on the Straightline. Third row seating will be an option.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Well, the new model is out on the net (http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/newx5) any one heard when it will be available or pricing?
  • A local dealer in Dallas informed me the '07 X5 will be out around Thanksgiving. Another dealer stated that the pricing is as follows (excluding $695 destination charge):

2007 X5 3.0 $45,900
    2007 X5 4.8 $54,500

Note: The '07 X5 includes the 6-sp steptronic auto trans and xenons as standard equipment. As a result, the price increase actually is not $3400 (base price for '06 X5 3.0 is $42,500) but around $1325 when you add in the auto tranny and xenons.

The pics look awesome. I'm looking forward to that test drive in November. :shades:
  • shikemshikem Posts: 7
    The new 3 series has been exemplary however.
  • Does anyone have a 2000-2003 X5 with the Sport package (or 19" wheels). I would like to know how this vehicle does in the snow, i am guessing not very good considering the wheels come with summer tires. Does anyone know is you can put snow tires on the wheels, or if they even make snow tires that small. Thanks.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A national newspaper is looking to interview Porsche and BMW owners who use their car for “everyday driving,” from going to the grocery store to commuting to and from work, instead of just using the car during the weekends for nice drives. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, August 28, 2006 by 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information and what car you drive.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• cefuscefus Posts: 45
    We will start making the new X5 this monday Sept 25 for all of the world. Hope you all will enjoy it
  • Do you know when it will be in dealerships? Or how long it usually takes for a car to get to dealerships after starting production. Also, do you know when they will release pricing, or what it will be? Thanks
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    A salesman at the Tucson dealership says he has "ordering information". I presume this includes pricing, but maybe not.
  • daryll44daryll44 Posts: 306
    A good friend of mine has a fairly well loaded X5 on order. The dealer now reports that the pwer open/close thingie for the rear hatch won't be ready until April. So he has to accept his order (due soon) without it or wait until spring.

The question that came up is this: Will the new X5 still have the "clam shell" design in the tailgate? My friend likes the "shelf" that is created when he "opens the clam".
    With a power option (that is delayed anyway), it's suspect that they'll carry forward the "claim" design. Or will they?
    It appears from the "Product Ordering Guide" (available on www.autospies.com) that the two piece tailgate is retained with the power hatch. This is a nice feature. No other SUV has this arrangement.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • reeffreeff Posts: 5
    I'd like to get some feedback as to what to do on my X5 3.0 as the warranty will be ending in april of 2007.

I have two options:

- Purchase extended warranty : Who would you recommend I go through and what would it cost?

- Trade in/sell vehicle and obtain a lease on a X5.

It is my wife's vehicle and she would like a new X5 however I'm not sure what it would cost me. I reside in Naperville, Illinois.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
  • The Toyota Landcuiser has the clam design as well. Just wondering how the power rear hatch would work with the two piece design.
  • the new 07 X5. Great car, still the tight handling car of the last generation, but much smoother, and quieter. I still say that for everyday driving, BMW's tend to be a little nervous as far as steering goes. It's more quiet that the Q7 however. It just requires more steering corrections over the highway than the Audi does. The interior is much improved, and I love the thick, business like steering wheel.
    Did the car you drove have the standard 18" wheels?
    I believe that "road wander" is commonly associated with wide tires.
  • My X5 has travelled 31000km only. It has 17 inch wheels.
    I'm not a rough person on brakes yet all my 4 wheels pads are worn down and the rotors may also need replacement. Has any one else noted excessive wear, or is this normal? Does anyone know what the minimum thickness tolerance is of the rotors before needing to be replaced ?.
  • Uhh, that road wonder is commonly associated with BMW as far as I'm concerned. They are "enthusiastic". All that to say, they are awesome cars. For daily driving I prefer Audi. If I want enthusiastic, I'll go with a Porsche.

I think my wife will be in tune with it. It is a nice ride. If the Q7 didn't have so much friggen wind noise, it'd be a lot more competitive for our garage.
  • Recently (9 months ago) I brought a 2001 CPO X5 and after 9 months I'm starting to have issues regarding paint facking off.

After some research I found out that the vehicle's previous owner had gotten some bad body work done. After reporting it to the dealership they invetigated my problem and also had me take my vehicle to there body shop for an estimate. And now they have determind that since they did not see any problems when they CPO the car and they also contacted there BMW rep. and he also agreeded without the Service Manager and the BMW Rep. looking at the car.

So can anyone give me some advise on how to resolve my issue?

Btw
    I did contact the Customer Relations and they where no help what so ever.

But for the most part I need some ideals on how and who else
    can I contact to help me resolve my problem